SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another stonking post, well done.

Find me the quote where I said they'd sell him for peanuts. In fact, how about you just use the one where I said "if we came into a bit of money through the takeover and we wanted him enough we'd have a chance."

Or, just go with your standard current method, and post some irrelevant crap.

So, if Carroll continues at his current rate (5 goals in 10 games), he'll go for less than £10m?

So, if Carroll continues at his current rate (5 goals in 10 games), he'll go for less than £10m?

Like I was saying, anyone with eyes can see he's not a goal every two games Premier League striker. The old honeymoon hat trick I expect to fool the Geordies, but somebody not from there who considers themselves to have half a brain?

Peter Crouch has never reached a £10m transfer fee. He's far more proven, at every level, and has been for years.

Like I was saying, anyone with eyes can see he's not a goal every two games Premier League striker. The old honeymoon hat trick I expect to fool the Geordies, but somebody not from there who considers themselves to have half a brain?

Peter Crouch has never reached a £10m transfer fee. He's far more proven, at every level, and has been for years.

It doesn't matter what you think he's worth. Kalinic cost us £6m a year ago, and Carroll's already outscored him. You really think Newcastle would sell their prize striker for a modest fee, instead of the going rate for overrated English strikers?

And I think Crouch did reach the £10m mark a couple of times, here or there.

It doesn't matter what you think he's worth. Kalinic cost us £6m a year ago, and Carroll's already outscored him. You really think Newcastle would sell their prize striker for a modest fee, instead of the going rate for overrated English strikers?

And I think Crouch did reach the £10m mark a couple of times, here or there.

Anything close to £10m would not be a modest fee, it would be close to double his true value. This is the point.

One of the points being missed here is that as a bottom three club, we wont have the pick of the players!!

Another point being missed here is we wont be in the bottom 3 come next May...We are an established premier league club & will remain that way :P

Eye, there is and several teams in the premiership have had the database for months.

How depressing. Is this why during the summer week after week we were linked with some obscure forward who once scouted was written off?

No seriously, I just don't see it. He's a decent player but having watched a fair bit of Rangers this season both domestically and in Europe I have to say that Naismith has impressed me much more.

Of course Naismith appears impressive, he pays a more attacking position and has been in good form (much better than his usual). Davis has been at his usual efficient best, everything goes through him.

How depressing. Is this why during the summer week after week we were linked with some obscure forward who once scouted was written off?

Everton have had it for years.

It is the only comprehensive scouting package available. In effect it gives clubs a scout per team. An extremely valuable resource

Of course Naismith appears impressive, he pays a more attacking position and has been in good form (much better than his usual). Davis has been at his usual efficient best, everything goes through him.

I think Naismith has reached as far as he will go. Currently on form, but not sure he has much more improvement in him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at a Championship club in a few years. Maybe if he got more games in a more central attacking role it might help. I'm not convinced by him playing on the left. Davis would breeze into any 8th - 12th Premiership team in my opinion.

Archived