BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he should only be sold if he wants to leave which I dont think he does.

I think management need to have a discussion with him and say the best thing for him and his development is to stay with Rovers and see where this takeover (persuming it goes through) takes us in the next couple of years and if he wants to leave in a couple of years fair enough.

I would be very suprised if we sold him anyway until he was 21+

If we had to sell him now I think we should be looking for £15 million plus a further £5 millon after 30 apperances and a further £5 million after his first England cap. (and yes before anyone asks yes I do play football manager :rolleyes: )

It does seem to have some credibility as Ancelotti is quoted, and there is a growing trend to buy players younger.

I would agree with the financial side of things. Jones, unlike Smalling, is totally established in the first team. One of only five definite starters at the moment alongside Robinson, Samba, Salgado and EH Diouf. His value should reflect that plus his absolutely vast potential and young age.

It would be a massive shame if he left, but defence is our strongest area and a huge wad of cash could address our severe issues in midfield and up front. Hope it comes to nothing though.

Re: Charlie Adam, this is on click lancashire -

"Charlie Adam will have to wait until a later date to hear the outcome of his case at The Premier League Arbitration Court.

The hearing took place today in London in regard to Adam's recent contract dispute.

The Scotland international is claiming he's owed a bonus from the club as part of the contract he signed when joining from Rangers.

BBC Sport writer Matt Slater broke the news on his Twitter, and according to Karl Oyston, a decision is set to be made by next Sunday. "

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/blackpool-fc/128527-blackpool-fc-skipper-adam-waiting-on-court-decision.html

So he'll be playing v Everton on Saturday, I imagine.

I wouldn't mind Adam joining us but have to question someone who will take his employers to tribunal over a bonus due if they avoided relegation. I would imagine he was rewarded handsomely for gaining promotion, but I guess a promise is a promise.

It appears he wants out of his contract. He can then sign for another PL club where he will be able to demand bigger wages in the absence of a fee.

Not a bad move really

Agreed, though it is another shameless example of player power.

I wouldn't mind Adam joining us but have to question someone who will take his employers to tribunal over a bonus due if they avoided relegation. I would imagine he was rewarded handsomely for gaining promotion, but I guess a promise is a promise.

According to Blackpool fans he got £400k as a promotion bonus. Most of the ones I talk to are mixed on it - disappointed that he's fighting for "only £20k", but also despairing at the club for letting it get to the point where they could lose a player they could sell for high 7 figures over a principled refusal to stump up 20 grand.

I have just realised something which adds up and have to say is a bit of a relief we were all moaning when we did not replace Benni McCarthywith another striker we were linked with all manor of names but isn't it ironic that all our targets that have moved elsewhere have hardly set the prem. Lge on fire:

Mauro Boselli-Wigan-has hardly justfied the fee paid for him 1 goal in 7 matches-linked to us

Pokemon-Hammers-again poor goal return-3 goals 9 games-Linked to us

Asamoah Gyan-Mackems-2 goals 7 games- hardly profilic-Linked to us

Robbie Blake-Trotters-1 goal 5 games- again hardly proflic-Linked to us

Steven Fletcher-Wolves-3 goals 6 games-poor goal return- linked to us

David Elm-Fulham- has not even played for Fulham hardly worth forking out dosh for

Beckford-Everton-1 goal in 4 games- again not worth forking out dosh for

Jo-Man City- 2 goals 7 games- hardly worth forking out good money for

D.Sturridge-1 goal 7 games again hardly worth forking out dosh for

K.Boyd- Boro- done precisely nothing in the lower leagues so not worth losing sleep over

J.Beattie-Rangers- done absolutely nothing in the SPL not worth 3M for sure

with the exceptions of P.Crouch,M.Chamakh,E.Gudjohnssen-simply on name,Zigic who have all contributed with goals the rest of the strikers we have been linked with have been absolute garbage 2nd rate donkeys. Imagine if we had wasted 8M on Gyan and he produced a goal return of 2 in 7 people would be calling for his head. Fletcher at Wolves has been a total waste of 7M even Boselli at Wigan has a poor goal return & seeing as tho we were looking for a striker who could put the ball in the net on a regular basis none of the names above have done that, so any one of those players would have been totally unsuitable the only ones who would have been good would have been so far out of our reach we would have needed an abramovich type owner to get those so would be totally unrealistic & the others within our budget have hardly done anything to justify their prices. So the point I am making is maybe it was better to have missed out on some of our transfer targets as they have been total dross in this league and means we would have to scout strikers thoroughly before parting with any money as there are not many strikers who have a decent scoring record that could do a job and we would not like to end up with some of the dross others have ended up with.

According to Blackpool fans he got £400k as a promotion bonus. Most of the ones I talk to are mixed on it - disappointed that he's fighting for "only £20k", but also despairing at the club for letting it get to the point where they could lose a player they could sell for high 7 figures over a principled refusal to stump up 20 grand.

You do have to question blackpool's stance on the situation.

• Backroom

I have just realised something which adds up and have to say is a bit of a relief we were all moaning when we did not replace Benni McCarthywith another striker we were linked with all manor of names but isn't it ironic that all our targets that have moved elsewhere have hardly set the prem. Lge on fire:

Mauro Boselli-Wigan-has hardly justfied the fee paid for him 1 goal in 7 matches-linked to us

David Elm-Fulham- has not even played for Fulham hardly worth forking out dosh for

K.Boyd- Boro- done precisely nothing in the lower leagues so not worth losing sleep over

with the exceptions of P.Crouch,M.Chamakh,E.Gudjohnssen-simply on name,Zigic who have all contributed with goals the rest of the strikers we have been linked with have been absolute garbage 2nd rate donkeys. Imagine if we had wasted 8M on Gyan and he produced a goal return of 2 in 7 people would be calling for his head. Fletcher at Wolves has been a total waste of 7M even Boselli at Wigan has a poor goal return & seeing as tho we were looking for a striker who could put the ball in the net on a regular basis none of the names above have done that, so any one of those players would have been totally unsuitable the only ones who would have been good would have been so far out of our reach we would have needed an abramovich type owner to get those so would be totally unrealistic & the others within our budget have hardly done anything to justify their prices. So the point I am making is maybe it was better to have missed out on some of our transfer targets as they have been total dross in this league and means we would have to scout strikers thoroughly before parting with any money as there are not many strikers who have a decent scoring record that could do a job and we would not like to end up with some of the dross others have ended up with.

1 in 2 is a poor ratio now?

We can say all we like about those strikers and their value but Kalinic looks as overpriced as nearly any of them.

Fact is it's a hard time to buy a striker but we didn't do it well ourselves either

There is nothing wrong with a 1 in 2 goal ratio (fletcher) or even a 1 in 3 goal return (Pokemon...who granted, I wouldn't want). Beckford was free, I don't remember our being linked to Robbie Blake or David Elm. Sturridge was a long time ago, and free. And as has been pointed out, our own Kalinic's record doesn't beat quite a few of those. To think 3 goals in 6 games is a poor rate is astonishsing...who do you want for about £6 million, the next Shearer?

A contract is a contract.

To be fair, does anybody actually know whether Adam wants to get his contract cancelled if he wins?

To be fair, does anybody actually know whether Adam wants to get his contract cancelled if he wins?

Who do you think put the idea out there that it's one possible resolution? His agent. SURELY Blackpool have offered the 20k by now, which means Adam and his "people" have refused to settle, which means they think they'll get more than the 20k from the tribunal.

He's on 10-12k a week at Blackpool, maximum. If he gets out of his contract they can probably get him a 7 figure signing on bonus (since there'll be no transfer fee) and at least three times his current salary.

Who do you think put the idea out there that it's one possible resolution? His agent. SURELY Blackpool have offered the 20k by now, which means Adam and his "people" have refused to settle, which means they think they'll get more than the 20k from the tribunal.

He's on 10-12k a week at Blackpool, maximum. If he gets out of his contract they can probably get him a 7 figure signing on bonus (since there'll be no transfer fee) and at least three times his current salary.

Good point. It would make sense if Blackpool messed up and now Adam is using the leverage from that to cancel the contract. Could make Adam millions of pounds as you say.

Sad if true, especially if 'pool made a genuine mistake.

Archived