BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

That's right, he's awful isn't he? I mean, having built up a reputation as one of the worlds very best strikers over the past five years it really has become clear that in actual fact, he is rubbish. Two months of bad performance and he's in the same bracket as Carroll?

Some of the @#/? that gets banded around here really is embarrassing at times.

I was actually talking about their off the field "activities" :blush: ....same sentence

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sticking with the Wolves link, Kightly, on his way back from injury (almost a 12 months out) lot of competition now for his favoured wide position, price wise probably lower than Jarvis on current form Etc.

Proved he has the potential, a possible?

Edit. Contract expires next June.

Interesting call. I was one who raved about Kightly but it seems like years ago now. I think Wolves were in the lower div at the time. Tremendously talented but a shocking injury history at such a young age doesn't bode well.

On a different individual, is Bentley injured? Noticed he's not even on the bench these days! What a great move that was--an England regular when he left us.

You could argue that. I would say we have no chance signing either of them.

Thus the chance is the same

If the takeover lands us with a bit of spending money i think we would have a chance of signing Carroll if we wanted him bad enough. Not in a million years could we ever sign Torres.

To say the chances of signing either is equal IMO is absolute nonsense.

Nah, he's not that good.

A younger Kevin Davies, he doesn't have the attributes to ever be considered world class.

I'm not sure. I expect he will partner Rooney in an international match soon. I don't think we will be at a level where we buy England internationals. That's my thinking anyway. We will see.

Interesting call. I was one who raved about Kightly but it seems like years ago now. I think Wolves were in the lower div at the time. Tremendously talented but a shocking injury history at such a young age doesn't bode well.

On a different individual, is Bentley injured? Noticed he's not even on the bench these days! What a great move that was--an England regular when he left us.

At least the injuries are all different, which I think some say is often the case after a long lay off.

Initially suffered an ankle injury and then encountering patella tendon problems and now the Knee has had key hole surgery last week.

Wolves seem to be receiving quite a bit of interest from Chump sides, their not exactly putting up not for sale signs, more wait and see until he recovers.

McCarthy says he will not name in the squad in January unless he is ready to play.

I'm not sure. I expect he will partner Rooney in an international match soon. I don't think we will be at a level where we buy England internationals. That's my thinking anyway. We will see.

We'll never be at that level again. Just look at how much money Lescott, Milner, Rooney et al moved for. You could buy the entire club for the cost of their services.

If the takeover lands us with a bit of spending money i think we would have a chance of signing Carroll if we wanted him bad enough. Not in a million years could we ever sign Torres.

Yeah thats what I was thinking....If money is given to spend, then he may be a worthwhile investment...he has a big future ahead of him!

How much spending money you talking about? At this rate, he'll be sold for eight figures.

As much as Carroll is an interesting prospect, I very much doubt that our budget in January would come close to what Newcastle would hold out for.

I'd rate him above Fletcher @ £5-6 million depending on where you look for the figures.

If the stories were true in the summer, I wonder if Sam may attempt another move for Klose. Somehow I doubt we would have been blaming Klose for missing in Roberts position on Saturday.

A very good spot. I hadn't even remembered that angle. Old age...

I remember all those years ago the deal for Sven to come to Rovers was scuppered by Mancini refusing to come with him. Both went to Lazio and we ended up with Woy.

If we're going to sign one Steven from Rangers then it should be Steven Naismith. I just don't see all the fuss about Davis to be honest.

Take the green-tinted specs off and you'll soon see.

Steven Davis is abit like Tugay but NOT has good has him yet? He's a good playmaker midfield player.

No, he's nothing like Tugay. More of a Barry Ferguson type.

He isnt the player for us even if we had the money, he has plenty of spirit and can head a ball, he certainly isnt a natural goalscorer and he doesnt create his own chances.

He is a handfull off the pitch and at his age he is only going to get worse, stay well clear of this chap and have a look back in 6 years time when he will have matured more (if he is still around then)

I remember all those years ago the deal for Sven to come to Rovers was scuppered by Mancini refusing to come with him. Both went to Lazio and we ended up with Woy.

Jack Walker didn't want Mancini to come. Thought he was too old. Funny that. Owners interfering with the signing of players...who'd have thunk it?

That did cost the move. Remember writing the story.

Has nobody picked up yet that the manager is at Blackpool v West Brom...

Is a cultural revolution around the corner???? :lol:

That's what happened, Jack didn't want Mancini? I never knew that. Always thought it was his choice. Puts a slightly different spin on things.

Just remembered, Mancini also played for Leicester, so that's probably a factor in the Roque deal too.

Jack Walker didn't want Mancini to come. Thought he was too old. Funny that. Owners interfering with the signing of players...who'd have thunk it?

That did cost the move. Remember writing the story.

Has nobody picked up yet that the manager is at Blackpool v West Brom...

Is a cultural revolution around the corner???? :lol:

Nicko,

You missed that one, Sam and his missis are enjoying the last night of the Illuminations, he and a few mates gone to watch the match, he didnt fancy the bingo!!

Up there with Tevez, Bent, and Berbatov in the scoring charts, hailed the next Shearer on Tyneside.

What on earth is the point you're trying to make? Have you ever used your eyes, or are you just going to keep making ridiculous statements based on short term statistics?

He's scored in two league games out of ten.

Carroll is more likely to orbit Jupiter than he is to be the next Shearer. I'm fairly certain anyone else with 20/20 vision would agree.

He looks decent, but he's thousands of miles away from being proven.

What on earth is the point you're trying to make? Have you ever used your eyes, or are you just going to keep making ridiculous statements based on short term statistics?

He's scored in two league games out of ten.

Carroll is more likely to orbit Jupiter than he is to be the next Shearer. I'm fairly certain anyone else with 20/20 vision would agree.

He looks decent, but he's thousands of miles away from being proven.

I'm sure Newcastle will see it your way and sell him for peanuts.

I'm sure Newcastle will see it your way and sell him for peanuts.

Another stonking post, well done.

Find me the quote where I said they'd sell him for peanuts. In fact, how about you just use the one where I said "if we came into a bit of money through the takeover and we wanted him enough we'd have a chance."

Or, just go with your standard current method, and post some irrelevant crap.

Archived