BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

ditto--a hungrier and wiser man I'd hope.

Count me in on that. He can park his flash car on the pitch if he likes. Pinpoint crossing accuracy, made Gamst do the same,cracking goals from midfield. I will never forget his hat trick against Man Utd. I was in a bar in San Francisco and bought everyone drinks.

Bring it on.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you had read the story behind the link, you'd know that Larsson's contract will expire next summer.

Link didn't work for me, but that clears it up - thanks. Larsson would be an improvement and has some talent. Not really ground breaking stuff for us though and indicative of where we are if we are collecting players Birmingham are not fussed about keeping.

As for Bentley - seems like lazy journalism. Out of favour former player + takeover = possible deal. However I am all for it if he was really up for coming back, took a wage we could reasonably afford (say 50k per week) and Spurs took a transfer fee of around 6m.

When you add those things up it does look an amazingly unlikely aquisition - especially if we are after Larsson.

Don't tease.

I'm not trying to. To be clear. I have no inside info of any kind - I wish I did. But this guy seems to have some contacts in the world of football. He told me about DiSanto, for example, before I'd even heard of him. But I can't see Bentleys ego would allow him to come back, even if we did have the money.

• Backroom

Would you take Bentley and O'hara (fully fit) for Jones?.

Definitely those two are quality and would push us up the league IMO. Jones is a great prospect but there's always a risk with young defenders so no guarantees.

All three good players. Jones though still has his feet on the ground, is a Rovers supporter, is young and improving. Bentley, good, but hugh ego. Though it may well be a bit deflated by now. O'Hara would be a good players for Rovers, but not at the expence of Jones. In my opinion anyway.

I bet Boro would have turned this down to keep David Wheater a few seasons ago. For a club of our (current) resources it would have to be considered a sensible option. Obviously if we're in a strong financial position after the takeover we would have to think about it differently.

Is that a general question to anybody 67?

If so I say bring it on. As much as I rate Jones, both O'Hara and Bentley have much to prove and we know what the later is capable of.

Yes, it was for general debate, taking the medicine can be painful.

I'd be for it, as both players still have plenty of mileage left, then sell on in a year or two when we are hopefully in a better position to compete.

I bet Boro would have turned this down to keep David Wheater a few seasons ago. For a club of our (current) resources it would have to be considered a sensible option. Obviously if we're in a strong financial position after the takeover we would have to think about it differently.

It would put a strain on our resources. Even a straight swap with no fee (I'd still want to tag on a sell on clause though) would mean our wage budget ballooning. Bentley is already on a lot more than Jones we can guess, before bringing O'Hara into the equation.

It would put a strain on our resources. Even a straight swap with no fee (I'd still want to tag on a sell on clause though) would mean our wage budget ballooning. Bentley is already on a lot more than Jones we can guess, before bringing O'Hara into the equation.

Only until the summer though, how many contracts end???????.

Replacing shoite with quality will always have a cost.

Only until the summer though, how many contracts end???????.

Replacing shoite with quality will always have a cost.

Aye, but we will also have to replace some of those players going out of contract. Aren't all of our army of right backs out of contract in the summer? Sam will want a new right back horde if he is still in charge. Can't remember who else is out of contract. If we got rid of Jones, we would be running a risk in central defence, currently the pride of our squad. Nelsen is getting on, and everyone else apart from Samba is either crap there (Givet, IMO) or a gamble (Hanley, A.N. Other academy centre half).

That is actually a reasonably plausible scenario as Spurs need good defenders, Jones is young and English and Harry likes that.

A tough one. Jones looks easily the best player we have produced since Duff/Dunn and could continue going up in value. However we have very good defenders already, and a woeful midfield. So you would have to consider it. I would go for it personally, with a heavy heart.

However a major issue would be whether we could afford it in the wage budget. Both O'hara and Bentley would want 50k a week I imagine. Where do we get that sort of money from? We would need to shift Andrews and Grella. How do we do that?

That is actually a reasonably plausible scenario as Spurs need good defenders, Jones is young and English and Harry likes that.

A tough one. Jones looks easily the best player we have produced since Duff/Dunn and could continue going up in value. However we have very good defenders already, and a woeful midfield. So you would have to consider it. I would go for it personally, with a heavy heart.

However a major issue would be whether we could afford it in the wage budget. Both O'hara and Bentley would want 50k a week I imagine. Where do we get that sort of money from? We would need to shift Andrews and Grella. How do we do that?

Cut their brake lines.

Archived