BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anybody want Bentley back at Ewood? he could play the midfield playmaker role behind the striker like he did in his last season at Rovers under Mark Hughes. He seem to create so many chances for the strikers to score. Still think we need a goalscorer midfield player aswell has a quality Striker. I would like to see us sign Michael Bradley from Gladbach. Hughes wanted him before he left. Bradley would have been a good signing for us.

Would anybody want Bentley back at Ewood? he could play the midfield playmaker role behind the striker like he did in his last season at Rovers under Mark Hughes. He seem to create so many chances for the strikers to score. Still think we need a goalscorer midfield player aswell has a quality Striker. I would like to see us sign Michael Bradley from Gladbach. Hughes wanted him before he left. Bradley would have been a good signing for us.

Bentley? In a heartbeat.

Was just talking about Bentley today and how he's no chance of playing at Spurs. Yes, I'd gladly have him back, especially if we had a striker capable of converting the chances he'd create.

I would first say it is more likely that Andrews & grella will leave before NZonzi. Also as they say never re-sign your old players as it is never the same as before & Bentley's head would be too big to fit through the door at Ewood so I would say unlikely. I think Gunnarson, Bradley would be good players to take although one player I would like to see us sign once the takeover goes through I would like us to go for the guy who was immense at the world cup for south Africa Tshabalala-I think that's how it's spelt an attacking midfielder would be ideal for us I believe these are the players we should be going for.

Who have we missed out on because of our pragmatic tactics? Obviously almost all the transfer talk is speculation, but I haven't seen any speculations that a player would've said no to us because of our style of football. Million+ pounds a year is a good incentive.

Who have we missed out on because of our pragmatic tactics? Obviously almost all the transfer talk is speculation, but I haven't seen any speculations that a player would've said no to us because of our style of football. Million+ pounds a year is a good incentive.

It was a hypothetical question.

Kalinic might be getting paid loadsadough, but where does his career go from here? To keep earning money like that, you need to be in demand, so as a striker, he needs to keep scoring. This is made more difficult by our "pragmatic" style of play.

Additionally, if players aren't just motivated by money, do you think Kalinic enjoys turning out for us at the moment?

I think Bentley would prefer to rot at Spurs than come back here with his tail between his legs.

I don't know - he is so far out of the picture at the moment and has been for such a long time that he would probably look at coming back if we could match his Spurs salary and he liked the manager.

Only teams that will pick him up are the likes of us, Sunderland, West Ham etc. Maybe the appeal of staying in London could swing him that way, but apart from that - like most things in football - I am sure it would largely come down to cash. If we could pay him then he would consider it I'm sure.

Question is couldn't we do better for the sort of money we would have to pay him, and the transfer fee? And you would have to ask what his attitude would be if he did come back? Seems too risky to really be worth it from our perspective.

Additionally, if players aren't just motivated by money, do you think Kalinic enjoys turning out for us at the moment?

If he wouldn't be mainly motivated by money, I'm sure he would have handed out a transfer request if he wouldn't enjoy turning out for us. But as he wouldn't get a better deal anywhere, he won't be doing that. If he could get a better deal, he would be all over the papers crying out for a move to a club he supported as a kid.

If he wouldn't be mainly motivated by money, I'm sure he would have handed out a transfer request if he wouldn't enjoy turning out for us. But as he wouldn't get a better deal anywhere, he won't be doing that. If he could get a better deal, he would be all over the papers crying out for a move to a club he supported as a kid.

Maybe he wants to prove himself?

Maybe he doesn't want to rock the boat?

Kalinic has my sympathies. I hope he's still here when the next manager takes over because the guy has talent.

Wasn't sure where to put this - but this seemed the most appropriate place. What was the name of that striker we had on trial a few years ago - who definitely couldn't run the 100m in under 10 seconds - despite numerous papers reporting this.

Archived