BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive a bit of ignorance from me here, but in a situation like this, the emergency loan, what is Blackburn's "compensation"? I understand the combo of Derby covering some or all of Frank's wages, and of course Blackburn gets back a more experienced keeper in a month, but is that it? or does this typically also involve some form of fee?

Forgive a bit of ignorance from me here, but in a situation like this, the emergency loan, what is Blackburn's "compensation"? I understand the combo of Derby covering some or all of Frank's wages, and of course Blackburn gets back a more experienced keeper in a month, but is that it? or does this typically also involve some form of fee?

In this case I think Derby are just picking up his wages.

There may be a small 'rental' fee, but it would only be minimal.

Clubs do these loans in so many different financial ways that it is hard to tell.

Spurs always charge a fee, which in many cases is pretty large.

Guest Walkerite

We will be better off without Roberts. He used to have a bit of pace and power but over the last couple of years his legs have gone. He has power but the negative aspects such as;no pace,no finishing skills,a big wage and a bad attitude outweigh the postive in my opinion. Hopefully Nicko will have some more news on the World Cup winner Luca Toni soon?!

Guest Walkerite

We will be better off without Roberts. He used to have a bit of pace and power but over the last couple of years his legs have gone. He has power but the negative aspects such as;no pace,no finishing skills,a big wage and a bad attitude outweigh the postive in my opinion. Hopefully Nicko will have some more news on the World Cup winner Luca Toni soon?!

I think i should of taken the Luca Toni thing with a pinch of salt lol

Guest Walkerite

Luca Toni is a running gag through the last 1000+ pages of transfer speculation on this board.

Same with the likes of Podolski, Klose, and a few others.

1000+ pages?! Jeese I'm suprised that hasn't worn thin yet. However that's good to know,ta! Maybe I won't make a pr*ck out of myself when I hear one of those names mentioned again lol.

I think we need a midfield playmaker like Tugay and striker who can hold the ball up and a good header of the ball.

one player I think we need to look at for the Striker target is Guillaume Hoarau from PSG. Would be the ideal person imo for that position. Class Act!!!

Two years suggest its a touch and go on what we think he is capable of in this league and I dont think we would be seeing much of him too early.

For me it suggests the man who hands out the contracts is getting wise at long last......

I think we need a midfield playmaker like Tugay and striker who can hold the ball up and a good header of the ball.

one player I think we need to look at for the Striker target is Guillaume Hoarau from PSG. Would be the ideal person imo for that position. Class Act!!!

Benoit Pedretti at Auxerre is just like that Tugay fella.

Artem Dzyuba would be a perfect striker too,right up your managers street.Doubt he'd get a work permit though.

For me it suggests the man who hands out the contracts is getting wise at long last......

I don't see that as wise unless he has demanded a lot of money (which would be odd for an out of contract player of his apparent stature). The reason being, if he does do well, to a point which made it a worthwhile endeavour in the first place, we will have to give him a decent, long contract. If he isn't being paid much now, give him a three or four year contract so we're not practically forced to renew and double it in a year.

I don't see that as wise unless he has demanded a lot of money (which would be odd for an out of contract player of his apparent stature). The reason being, if he does do well, to a point which made it a worthwhile endeavour in the first place, we will have to give him a decent, long contract. If he isn't being paid much now, give him a three or four year contract so we're not practically forced to renew and double it in a year.

True, but suppose he doesn't do to well but we sign him on a four year contract now and he spends that four years as our fourth choice defensive midfielder bleeding a wage of us ala zurab.

It's all hit and miss, but having been very frustrated finding out how much zurab has been taking us for I welcome the idea that the board are being prudent with the contracts handed out.

If he does do well and commands a better wage next summer then atleast he will deserve it.

Archived