BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think despite his poor attempts at scoring goals, imo Roberts is a much better player than Benjani. I would prefer Jase to stay, as he would offer the strength and power for Niko and Mame to feed off.

I think despite his poor attempts at scoring goals, imo Roberts is a much better player than Benjani. I would prefer Jase to stay, as he would offer the strength and power for Niko and Mame to feed off.

Perhaps we've decided on that Scotland formation after all.

Not impressed with shipping Roberts out now.

I think Mama Diouf is rumbled by the Prem judging by his recent performances and there is an open question on Benjani staying fit and performing.

What has he contributed over the years that we can't afford to live without? We can't score goals, he doesn't help that situation.

New Diouf is a good player to have available. He puts himself about and always looks a decent threat. To say he isn't worth playing after the small amount of games we have played is just absurd.

• Moderation Lead

Slightly off topic but surely worth a punt, can't be any worse than Grella/Andrews and on a free at the end of the season.... -http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6444069,00.html

Believe it or not, we've missed Roberts. He's proven handy from the bench against tiring defenders. Can't finish for toffee, of course, but he's one of the few strikers we have who can muscle his way on goal.

Believe it or not, we've missed Roberts. He's proven handy from the bench against tiring defenders. Can't finish for toffee, of course, but he's one of the few strikers we have who can muscle his way on goal.

Have we buggery missed him....the most he's scored in the 4 years he's been here on around £30k per week is 7 in one season...imagine what his wages could have gone on...we've probably paid him around £6.5 million in 4 years and he probably scored about 22 goals all in all...you work our what that is per goal...cos he ain't contributed in his open play.

How many minutes has Roberts played this season??

Dont think we will miss him too much to be honest.

Hughesy the "how many minutes has he played" is a bit of a daft comment. He wasn't in favour, then he was injured.

It's not like any of our strikers have been firing on all cylinders is it? Kalinic has got two fortuitous goals this season whilst Mame only has one in the league. I'm not Roberts biggest fan, but he can be effective from the bench. We need ALL of our strikers at the moment I'd suggest.

Hughesy that's a bit of a daft comment.

It's not like any of our strikers have been firing on all cylinders is it? I'm not Roberts biggest fan, but he can be effective from the bench. We need ALL of our strikers at the moment I'd suggest.

At least until January - we are a mid table side who could easily fall into a relegation battle therefore to have more options can only help. Benjani, with his history, could easily get injured too.

On how many minutes has he played, I think he has been injured for all of this season and Sam said hopefully he will be on the bench for our next game.

Slightly off topic but surely worth a punt, can't be any worse than Grella/Andrews and on a free at the end of the season.... -http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6444069,00.html

I know there's no chance before next Monday; but if he were available on loan after that, I think he'd be worth it, unless he's on an exorbitant wage. He's, er, "not the fastest" [to put it mildly], but seems to have good vision.

Have we buggery missed him....the most he's scored in the 4 years he's been here on around £30k per week is 7 in one season...imagine what his wages could have gone on...we've probably paid him around £6.5 million in 4 years and he probably scored about 22 goals all in all...you work our what that is per goal...cos he ain't contributed in his open play.

Roberts has never been a prolific PL striker. Name one of our current strikers who is? I've already explained that he brings something different to the team with his pace and power. As for what he's paid, that's neither here nor there. Take it up with the board and the previous manager.

Presume you have a gripe with Mark Hughes for buying Roberts then subsequently playing him - also are you upset that Sam has played him too?

Archived