BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the name of that striker we had on trial a few years ago - who definitely couldn't run the 100m in under 10 seconds - despite numerous papers reporting this.

You mean the bloke who's wiki entry was edited? Can't remember who did that, can you? ;)

What has happened to Jamie O Hara this year? Had a great last season with pompy and fits the bill for the kind of midfielder were lacking. Would possibly be available and at a decent price...

Was getting touted for around £6 million before his injury - could be a little less now - might take up all of our budget though! :P

• Backroom

When we talk about ones we missed does anybody remember when Tom Huddlestone was continuously linked under Hughes? We could have picked him up dirt cheap I imagine and just think about the difference someone like him would have made over the years :(

For me we need to look for a playmaker before a striker, we are painfully devoid of any creativity.

When we talk about ones we missed does anybody remember when Tom Huddlestone was continuously linked under Hughes? We could have picked him up dirt cheap I imagine and just think about the difference someone like him would have made over the years :(

And Lassana Diarra. Look what we could have made on him if the Trust hadn't sat on their hands, as usual...

Nicko reports in the Mirror that the first of the proposed Venky money will go on Seb Larsson and an 18 year old Manchester City reserve striker.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Blackburn-s-new-owners-the-VH-Group-are-planning-to-sign-Birmingham-s-Sebastian-Larsson-and-Manchester-City-s-John-Guidetti-article614609.html

Larsson seems solid enough though I'm not sure he'd add much in the way of extra attacking threat. Probably an improvement on what we have at the moment though. As for Giudetti, I think we need someone up front who'll be able to go straight into the team rather than a promising youngster.

Nicko reports in the Mirror that the first of the proposed Venky money will go on Seb Larsson and an 18 year old Manchester City reserve striker.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Blackburn-s-new-owners-the-VH-Group-are-planning-to-sign-Birmingham-s-Sebastian-Larsson-and-Manchester-City-s-John-Guidetti-article614609.html

Larsson seems solid enough though I'm not sure he'd add much in the way of extra attacking threat. Probably an improvement on what we have at the moment though. As for Giudetti, I think we need someone up front who'll be able to go straight into the team rather than a promising youngster.

Larsson is Swedish not Danish.

Larsson is a very good right midfelder, just what we needs. Could be the Bentley injection we had before. And John Guidetti is a very promising young player.

Unfortunately we dont have a santa cruz, who complemented bentleys style of play.

One player I would like to sign is Axel Witsel of Standard Liege. A very good young player and a midfield playermaker that we need! he's sign with SEM who are in partnership with Kentaro. Seb Larrson is a good player and can cross a ball. Him and Diouf on wings would be good. Fairly cheap deal for us aswell.

http://www.semplc.com/content/sem-sign-belgian-international-midfielder

Archived