BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larsson is a very good right midfelder, just what we needs. Could be the Bentley injection we had before. And John Guidetti is a very promising young player.

Don't be silly, they're on two different planets. Bentley is supremely talented. Larsson's merely a grafter with a bit of skill. Better than what we have, but nowhere near Bentley's class.

This would still leave us without a central midfielder to ###### play the ball. But hey, t'Expert knows best.

How tall is Guidetti? The interwebs says he's 5'9"....so how he's expected to fit into out system is anyone's guess.

Nicko reports in the Mirror that the first of the proposed Venky money will go on Seb Larsson and an 18 year old Manchester City reserve striker.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle614609.html

Larsson seems solid enough though I'm not sure he'd add much in the way of extra attacking threat. Probably an improvement on what we have at the moment though. As for Giudetti, I think we need someone up front who'll be able to go straight into the team rather than a promising youngster.

I don't really see how we would get value for Larsson as he is an established Bimingham player - 10 starts this season. They would surely look to take us to the cleaners on the transfer fee? Unless his contract is running down?

ps. I am confused - surely we need a better striker as a priority at the moment?

I don't really see how we would get value for Larsson as he is an established Bimingham player - 10 starts this season. They would surely look to take us to the cleaners on the transfer fee? Unless his contract is running down?

If you had read the story behind the link, you'd know that Larsson's contract will expire next summer.

ps. I am confused - surely we need a better striker as a priority at the moment?

It says in the article (I think) that his contract is up in the summer.

I dont think Bentley is supremely talented, as Spurs have can testify.

Can't agree with that, Bentley may have a huge ego but he is an extremely technically gifted player. The likes of Spurs and Newcastle have ruined many a player over the years.

If we came into some money he would be one of the first players I would be making an enquiry about if I was Sam. He would probably turn us down but you don't know until you try.

I dont think Bentley is supremely talented, as Spurs have can testify. Larsson is a big player for Brum who have a better squad then we do. To get him would be a (chicken) coup. Be good to see us linked with a bit of class for once in a while.

Clearly you didn't watch him when he ran out for Rovers. He was often the best player on the park.

David Bentley was a top player for us, hence his big money transfer, however, unless we have someone (we had Rocky when he was here last) to get on the end of his deliveries, then we are in no better state than we are now.

For me a quality playmaker to thread balls through for such as Kalinic and a player with pace to burn would be my priority, we are not creating enough opportunities and the only timne Kalinic gets the ball is in the main facing his own goal.

Personally, I would go for a player such as O'Hara, a work nhorse player who can drive a game, we havent a player like that, a pacy wide man, maybe Olssen could fill that void, and a decent striker with good ability with his back to goal as well and we would be fine.

Just my opinion, Sunderland stayed in the prem last year due to Bents pace and goals, he cost lots of cash, maybe we could unearth another 'Little Pea' he looks a find at Man U. remains to be seen.

Have heard that a German club have been sniffing around Hoilett as he has not been getting much game time though!

Personally, I would go for a player such as O'Hara, a work nhorse player who can drive a game, we havent a player like that, a pacy wide man, maybe Olssen could fill that void, and a decent striker with good ability with his back to goal as well and we would be fine.

O'Hara is a good shout. I thought he was excellent last year in a poor Portsmouth side, dragging them through plenty of games, and adding the only creative spark at times.

What's the news with him? Injured/out of favour? He'd fit in very well to our side in my opinion, and offer something we severely lack.

O'Hara is a good shout. I thought he was excellent last year in a poor Portsmouth side, dragging them through plenty of games, and adding the only creative spark at times.

What's the news with him? Injured/out of favour? He'd fit in very well to our side in my opinion, and offer something we severely lack.

Recovering from back surgery, I believe. The least we could do is take him on-loan once he's fit again.

We were linked to Bentley in today's Metro. Probably no truth to it unless he has links to Kentaro?

I don't care how good he was when he was here I'd rather struggle on as we are now rather than have that little spoilt brat back anywhere near Rovers - I'm rather enjoying watching him rot in the Spurs ressies!

WTF :blink: Sunderland have put a £20m price tag on midfielder Jordan Henderson, who is being tracked by Manchester United.

Full story: Daily Express

Perfect for Sam??

Aston Villa boss Gerard Houllier is preparing to let striker John Carew leave Villa Park, and may replace him with Manchester City forward Roque Santa Cruz.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Archived