BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't he be facing jailtime as well for his latest alleged misdemeanor?

Not sure - but if he's having a tough time up there, perhaps he might like an escape route if hes still a free man??

Didnt he also have a bust up with one of their players??

No chance of Carroll. That guy is being touted as an England striker, a geordie number 9, the next Shearer etc. If we're going after Carroll then we may as well give Torres a quick bell to see if he fancies it.

To be fair, Newcastle's best player today alongside Nolan was Barton. I know we were linked a while ago. Hard to admit but the guy is a decent footballer.

Carroll and Torres in the same sentence? Really?

agree, Torres should not be in the same sentence as Andy Carrol. The one has been very good this season, while the other has been injured and ######

Why, what's Torres done?

That's right, he's awful isn't he? I mean, having built up a reputation as one of the worlds very best strikers over the past five years it really has become clear that in actual fact, he is rubbish. Two months of bad performance and he's in the same bracket as Carroll?

Some of the @#/? that gets banded around here really is embarrassing at times.

Another good player at the moment - Matt Jarvis at Wolves

Again, well out of our price range.

We have to find the likes of Jarvis before they establish themselves as Premier League players.

Who was the last player we bought from a Premier League team that was an established regular in their team? I genuinely can't think who it was.

We have to find the likes of Jarvis before they establish themselves as Premier League players.

Who was the last player we bought from a Premier League team that was an established regular in their team? I genuinely can't think who it was.

Sticking with the Wolves link, Kightly, on his way back from injury (almost a 12 months out) lot of competition now for his favoured wide position, price wise probably lower than Jarvis on current form Etc.

Proved he has the potential, a possible?

Edit. Contract expires next June.

That's right, he's awful isn't he? I mean, having built up a reputation as one of the worlds very best strikers over the past five years it really has become clear that in actual fact, he is rubbish. Two months of bad performance and he's in the same bracket as Carroll?

Some of the @#/? that gets banded around here really is embarrassing at times.

No you've missed the point. No one is comparing them as players just stating that we have the same chance of getting Carroll as Torres.

Paul Robinson?? Diouf? Clutching at straws. The last player who i can remember actually prizing away from another premier league club against the club's wishes was Savage

Sticking with the Wolves link, Kightly, on his way back from injury (almost a 12 months out) lot of competition now for his favoured wide position, price wise probably lower than Jarvis on current form Etc.

Proved he has the potential, a possible?

Not a bad shout, dont know if we can afford to gamble on a player who has not proved his fitness yet though. Also not the swiftest and I think we really need an injection of pace on the wings.

The spirit of your question probably excludes Salgado. El Hadji? Or before that, maybe Keith Andrews?

Archived