BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexis Sanchez and Keisuke Honda please Venkys.. Up front Andre Pierre Gignac and Fernando Llorente in the egg basket as well. :lol:

Llorente is a great player, 6'5" so he ticks Sam's boxes, and excellent touch, technique and quick feet for a big man. Can't see Bilbao letting him go in our price range or anywhere near it though.

Be good if Rovers could get him. Also for free if Adams is able to get his contract torn up. If the contract is torn up then he could sign for somebody as he would be a free agent.

That's going to be one hell of rant from Hollo if that happens!

Manchester City are open to offers for their winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, who is seeking a deal in the region of £100,000 a week. (the Independent)

I've never really been a massive fan of SWP, but what with his links to Kentaro, is there a remote possibility that he could end up here. He's on stupidly high wages, and pre takeover probably wouldn't even consider an offer from us, but what about coming in January on loan perhaps. Bit of a statement of intent from the new owners perhaps? He would certainly add some much needed pace to our attacks, and he's so small he might have to take over the set piece duty from Gamst (or is that too hopeful?) Come to think of it, MGP has usually been pretty effective with his heading ability in the past. He'd have to far more effective in the middle from set pieces as opposed to lofing them to the knee of the first man.

ADAM...correct...a lot of interest in him in case he wins his case tomorrow and decides to look for a case of breach of contract...word is Everton are favourites, but Rovers are impressed and so are others...Tony Parkes signed him for Blackpool remember...and that might help.

SWP...too silly...somebody gets the wrong end of the stick from a story last week and now he is a target...if he wants big wages he won't be getting them at Blackburn...the Kentaro conspiracy theory is plain daft on that one.

ADAM...correct...a lot of interest in him in case he wins his case tomorrow and decides to look for a case of breach of contract...word is Everton are favourites, but Rovers are impressed and so are others...Tony Parkes signed him for Blackpool remember...and that might help.

SWP...too silly...somebody gets the wrong end of the stick from a story last week and now he is a target...if he wants big wages he won't be getting them at Blackburn...the Kentaro conspiracy theory is plain daft on that one.

Tbh i don`t think he will get them anywhere else either. :D

I'll be very surprised if we get him. There'll probably be a host of club after him if his contract is cancelled.

That said, maybe he's a Rovers fan since he already scored for us this season :lol:

That's why Rovers need to find the Charlie Adams of this world before they make their PL-breakthrough... Obviously there's luck involved, but good scouting is what really matters.

Perhaps you need a word in the ear of the Editor at the Mirror.

Wright-Phillips could be Blackburn bound in January.

Kentaro, a top ­football agency including Swiss-based Philippe Huber and English wheeler-dealer Jerome Anderson, have Manchester City and England winger Shaun Wright-Phillips among their blue-chip clients.

I read your explanation of the above, nevertheless you have to admit you lit the match.

All time record scorer in the SPL, can't hit a barn door in the Championship.

Not sure how those that big up Scottish football can spin that one!

No one bigs up Scottish football, we know it's crap. However English football is also crap. Charlie Adam has been mentioned a lot on this thread - he was pretty poor for Rangers. Boyd has scored 4 goals, he's Boro's top scorer and they're second bottom of the league.

All players are different - Brian Laudrup was terrible for Chelsea, but the best player I've ever seen at Rangers (including Tugay). Sometimes you have to factor in circumstances, there's no black and white rule for these things.

Perhaps you need a word in the ear of the Editor at the Mirror.

Wright-Phillips could be Blackburn bound in January.

Kentaro, a top ­football agency including Swiss-based Philippe Huber and English wheeler-dealer Jerome Anderson, have Manchester City and England winger Shaun Wright-Phillips among their blue-chip clients.

I read your explanation of the above, nevertheless you have to admit you lit the match.

I think I said at the time that the headline didn't match the story.

Perhaps the cretins who have followed it up - in so many internet places that it is almost laughable - should read the story rather than the headline.

I thought it was the intelligence highway. The word 'no' at the front would be more appropriate.

Charlie Adam on free. Somewhere is Xmas early. Timing could be perfect to lure him to Ewood. This one won´t even need a reality check. He could be play here with his stenghts and isn´t too big player to Ewood. At Everton he would face a lot of competition. Even if he doesn´t win his bonus case it´s hard to see him staying there. Get him Sam!

Lot of Rangers fans I know still don't rate Adam that highly (even though he has been good for Blackpool). His court case is today?

Adam has come on a ton since he came to England. He is the main man in that side, the brains, a throwback. There would be five or six after him if he got a free.

The 'court case' or Premier League arbirtration panel is tomorrow in London. If he wins - as he surely must - then he has a decision on whether to go for breach of contract.

Archived