BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

Who were the other options at the Ince time Gordon?

I'm trying to think who else was linked, was it Mancini and sam. If I remember correctly sam didn't get it due to fan power. Maybe JW was trying too hard to listen to the fans and not hire big sam.

Mancini would probably have been a disaster. I really don't rate him at all.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to think who else was linked, was it Mancini and sam. If I remember correctly sam didn't get it due to fan power. Maybe JW was trying too hard to listen to the fans and not hire big sam.

Michael Laudrup, Dick Advocaat, Henk ten Cate. All wanted the job and couldn't have done any worse than Incey boy!

Personally I do feel JW made a big mistake on that one. At interview it should have been clear that he was not properly prepared for managing a prem team. It should have been a bottom line requirement that whoever took over had ideas about how to take the club forward (training strategies, transfer targets, sports psycology programs etc - all which Hughes showed he had thought about intensely). ANd that's not even talking about the badge issues.

I can't believe looking at how Ince handled press interviews, reports from training and his transfer policy that he had a coherant idea of what to do with the club.

It's JW job to find a Hughes or a Coyle rather than an Ince. So TND is right the buck stops with JW on that appointment. That he offered the job to Shearer first as well is hardly that encouraging either.

Williams has been arguably one of the greatest Rovers servents of the modern period. Created a hugely stable footing, loyal and forward looking, and guided the club on a budget that is increasingly laughable. But Ince is his bad.

Personally I do feel JW made a big mistake on that one. At interview it should have been clear that he was not properly prepared for managing a prem team. It should have been a bottom line requirement that whoever took over had ideas about how to take the club forward (training strategies, transfer targets, sports psycology programs etc - all which Hughes showed he had thought about intensely). ANd that's not even talking about the badge issues.

I can't believe looking at how Ince handled press interviews, reports from training and his transfer policy that he had a coherant idea of what to do with the club.

It's JW job to find a Hughes or a Coyle rather than an Ince. So TND is right the buck stops with JW on that appointment. That he offered the job to Shearer first as well is hardly that encouraging either.

Williams has been arguably one of the greatest Rovers servents of the modern period. Created a hugely stable footing, loyal and forward looking, and guided the club on a budget that is increasingly laughable. But Ince is his bad.

How on earth are you suppose to know how the interview went, maybe he was absolutely outstanding at interviews, but could not put it into practice with the team afterwards.

And you'd hate for anyone to think that you didn't post it first...

Was there really any need for that post S15? All that does is add further controversy and "aggro" to the thread, and quite frankly there is already MORE than enough of that. I for one value Philip's contributions for the simple reason that he always tries to interpret things using his very cosiderable knowledge of finance and also a good knowledge of football in general, and Rovers in particular. There are comparitively few others on this MB that can compare, so Please let's have a little appreciation rather than infantile abuse.

Was there really any need for that post S15? All that does is add further controversy and "aggro" to the thread, and quite frankly there is already MORE than enough of that. I for one value Philip's contributions for the simple reason that he always tries to interpret things using his very cosiderable knowledge of finance and also a good knowledge of football in general, and Rovers in particular. There are comparitively few others on this MB that can compare, so Please let's have a little appreciation rather than infantile abuse.

"Jerome Anderson will be our next chairman" wasn't insightful or the passing on of factual knowledge - it was scaremongering pure and simple, taking a one-liner from Nicko that he "could have some involvement" and turning it into the most extreme possible outcome. Only Mrs. D. could say who will be the next chairman.

"Jerome Anderson will be our next chairman" wasn't insightful or the passing on of factual knowledge - it was scaremongering pure and simple, taking a one-liner from Nicko that he "could have some involvement" and turning it into the most extreme possible outcome. Only Mrs. D. could say who will be the next chairman.

It is noticeable that the emphasis of the pro-Syed camp has gone from doubting the funds that the VH Group have and are now switched to chucking mud at Jerome Anderson.

You could dig up crap about any agent on the planet because it is that kind of business.

It is also very easy to single out one 'visible' agent and known name from the whole of the Kentaro team. If you look at the people on their website they have about a dozen who have been around and clearly know the game.

Still, this is what happens when there are delays in completion.

It is noticeable that the emphasis of the pro-Syed camp has gone from doubting the funds that the VH Group have and are now switched to chucking mud at Jerome Anderson.

Why is it that the people skeptical about the VH bid are branded as pro-Syed? I think you will find there were plenty of people skeptical about both.

I'm affraid most folk on here sound like spoilt brats - they have been kidded into a false sense of identity. Prior to Jack Walker choosing to spend some of his wealth on BRFC we were skint and had been for decades. Jack invested for c10 years and we were taken to places we could never have wished for - we dined at the top table and bloodied some noses on our way. Thanks Jack

Jack however passed away some 10 years ago and again fortunately for us fans he saw to it that Rovers were in safe hands via the trust he set up to manage all his going concerns. Thanks Jack

Now we have had nearly 20 years of protection from Jack - now it is time for our part in the deal i.e. to not forget the debt we owe him and allow the Trust to walk away and let the Walker family remain in high regard and not this constant bickering of "Jacks will", "The trust owe us" etc - it is petty and unsightful, it reminds me of unthankful kids that get spoilt on Christmas Day and yet whinge about the one thing they didn't get.

So thanks Jack and thanks to the Trust, as I for one recognise that Jack would not want BRFC to become a millstone for his family and appreciate the journey they have allowed us to join with them. Who knows, it just might be about to get thrill packed again, but let us be honest we just do not know what the future holds but better to be with an organisation that wants BRFC in their portfolio now and in the future.

I think that is the best post I have ever read on this board,

Forward and onward

Have you heard any info as to what the delay is?

Is it just down to the lawyers?

It could be several time-wasting things. Lawyers like to string things out. Banks don't move fast. And there are all of those chickens to pluck. ;)

In the meantime there are games to play - and decisions to be taken.

A little more urgency would help.

Unless Saurin Shah puts a spoke in the wheel ;)

I don't think so. The club seem to be moving in one direction towards one result.

The waiting is a pain and there is a delay between the time-scale VH mentioned a week or so back and now.

OK, OTT and a really random thought. It was discussed over a beer in london by me and some random bloke at a bar.Its a phillipl ramble....unlikly scenario before i get ripped.

what would happen if the indians took over,doubled season ticket prices ,sold samba,jones ,robbo etc. We went with agency kids ,crowds dwindelled to 14,000,got releagated and the owners said stuff this ,we want to move this franchise to anotheer part of england,europe or the world?

its happened in england with the wombles ,it happens a lot in the NFL and theres talk of a uk nfl team ?

OK, OTT and a really random thought. It was discussed over a beer in london by me and some random bloke at a bar.Its a phillipl ramble....unlikly scenario before i get ripped.

what would happen if the indians took over,doubled season ticket prices ,sold samba,jones ,robbo etc. We went with agency kids ,crowds dwindelled to 14,000,got releagated and the owners said stuff this ,we want to move this franchise to anotheer part of england,europe or the world?

its happened in england with the wombles ,it happens a lot in the NFL and theres talk of a uk nfl team ?

What would happen? We'd be ######. End of.

Well, we'd have season tickets at twice the price, no samba, jones and robbo etc., a bunch of agency kids, crowds of 14,000 and be playing in the championship.

You could dig up crap about any agent on the planet because it is that kind of business.

It is also very easy to single out one 'visible' agent and known name from the whole of the Kentaro team. If you look at the people on their website they have about a dozen who have been around and clearly know the game.

Still, this is what happens when there are delays in completion.

What I find noticable is that for ages people have said trust the trustees, they will do right by the club.

Yet today when the trustees want to go in the direction of Venky's, Kentaro, that the same peole are no longer trusting the trustees.

As you say they have thown mud at Venky's, the kentaro now Anderson.

I think the delay is possible because of Shah raising issues in India about his idea to buy Rovers and his approah to Venky's for them to join him. We do not know what or if there was any correspondence between the parties. If there was, this may explain a little Shah's complaint. There maybe different business ethics in India.

OK, OTT and a really random thought. It was discussed over a beer in london by me and some random bloke at a bar.Its a optimistic ramble....unlikly scenario before i get ripped.

what would happen if the indians took over,halved season ticket prices ,kept samba,jones ,robbo etc. We went with agency kids, who turned out to be the next superstars, crowds expanded by 14,000, got into the top four and the other owners said stuff this, we want to be run by indians too and play our football around europe and the world?

Its never happened in england before. Also maybe the unstable Buffalo Bills could be reborn in the uk?

Both statements are pie in the sky. Its just a case of saying what you want to hear.....

Nothing there to get ripped for Abbey, I think these are the worries of most of the thinking supporters. All very real dangers but some think that they are a very remote 'scare-mongering' possibility, others hear Agent Anderson's name and fear the worst.

On the general theme of scare-mongering, many long standing supporters have over the years established connections/friendships at all levels of the Club/Walker Family/Trust. They are often told things on the strictest understanding that they are not repeated. The best that we can get away with is dropping hints, asking rhetorical questions, laying a trail so that people can work stuff out for themselves with the odd nudge in the right direction (makes Philip sound like Deep Throat :lol:).

On the delays in VH completion, I don't think there is any problem here just the mechanics of sovereign and money transmission laws and the general grunt of drafting agreement documentation. Unless an Exocet arrives from stage left I don't foresee any problems.

PR and fan consultation is something I've had a big problem with throughout this process. Maybe it's an Indian thing but I don't sense anything 'inclusive' going on here. When the first radio interview was released of the Indian telephone interview I was struck by the deference of the interviewer punctuating every couple of words with 'Sir', and the superior arms length responses given. I guess (without meaning any disrespect) that culturally we are a tad more egalitarian and forthright here in Lancashire and get a bit uppity when we are dismissed or discounted.

This is my one criticism of JW's handling of the sale process, we really should have handled this better as the club are losing a lot of hearts and minds judging by the poll. That said JW is still the main man in my eyes. I'll say it again that I think it is imperative that, if willing, he is kept on in the same job. Losing him, the Trust, the walker linkage the ground name etc is akin to death, divorce, redundancy and having a custody battle all in the same month, a bit to stressful for most. Can we have a bit of a stable reference point please whilst everything else is changing.

If we think replacing JW with Agent Anderson is a good idea or installing him as a DoF I would point to NUFC and Mr Wise as a warning of what could happen.

If anyone in VH PR is reading this then a fan's rep on the new board might be a very good idea otherwise the fears raised by Abbey will only grow and grow, and that's in no one's interest.

Means very little and is obviously not the case, however whoever writes/updates the Venky's page on Facebook talks as if the deal was formally completed a couple of weeks back.

It stated after the Wigan win that it was the first victory following their takeover (under Venky's ownership).

What I find noticable is that for ages people have said trust the trustees, they will do right by the club.

Yet today when the trustees want to go in the direction of Venky's, Kentaro, that the same peole are no longer trusting the trustees.

As you say they have thown mud at Venky's, the kentaro now Anderson.

I think the delay is possible because of Shah raising issues in India about his idea to buy Rovers and his approah to Venky's for them to join him. We do not know what or if there was any correspondence between the parties. If there was, this may explain a little Shah's complaint. There maybe different business ethics in India.

Pafell, I think you are wrong in assuming that the 'Club' and the 'Trust' are single entities, to be trusted or not. They are collections of people. Each person has their own agenda and their own opinions. Any board needs a strong chairman to persuade and coax people into some sort on consensus. In the interim the individuals say things that reflect their personal opinion which is not necessarily consonant with the opinions of others.

I think it's fair to continue saying 'trust the trust' but first they have to be allowed time to form a final collective view of the way forward. Herding cats comes to mind. Some of the anti trust comments are probably no more than reflections on a few free spirits saying off-theme things.

Means very little and is obviously not the case, however whoever writes/updates the Venky's page on Facebook talks as if the deal was formally completed a couple of weeks back.

It stated after the Wigan win that it was the first victory following their takeover (under Venky's ownership).

What is the link for the venkys facebook page ?

Archived