BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

RIML

You do realise Roberts is terrible, right? I don't think he challenged for one ball whilst on the pitch. Not to mention his goal was a miss hit, again.

Point proven.

He scored yet it was a miss hit, so does it or dont it count? I really dont get the agenda against him. The chances he misses he usually creates himself...

JR has scored plenty of important goals for this club (more than what Kalanic or Benjani can claim), he deserves more respect than he gets.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point proven.

He scored yet it was a miss hit, so does it or dont it count? I really dont get the agenda against him. The chances he misses he usually creates himself...

JR has scored plenty of important goals for this club (more than what Kalanic or Benjani can claim), he deserves more respect than he gets.

Of course it counts, but it just highlights his lack of skill. In the second half the ball simply came straight back if it was hit in the direction of Roberts. He failed to challenge for one ball in the air, and scuppered other attacks with his first touch (or lack thereof).

He's a terrible, terrible player. I for one can't wait to get rid of him.

Despite what some of our fans might think about Jason Roberts he has been a very good servant to this club, was a great strike partner for benni and Roque when they we here and has scored some critical goals, we know he isnt the best finisher but thats why he is with us and not a top 4-6 team. He is a good professional and after only his second appearance this season looks our most effective striker, was also a key member of our team which finished 10th at the end of last season.

Despite what some of our fans might think about Jason Roberts he has been a very good servant to this club, was a great strike partner for benni and Roque when they we here and has scored some critical goals, we know he isnt the best finisher but thats why he is with us and not a top 4-6 team. He is a good professional and after only his second appearance this season looks our most effective striker, was also a key member of our team which finished 10th at the end of last season.

Benjani has looked our best striker this season. Which is a sad state of affairs.

Roberts didnt celebrate because he scored against wigan, a side that shown him some respect. Roberts has been mocked not only by the management but by a large section of the fans, bearing in mind he is the only striker we have with some quality who can create his own chances. I hope he leaves to get away from idiots like you who want to bang on and criticise everything he does.

/rant

The Wigan fans were giving him plenty of abuse as he warmed up. :rolleyes:

But don't be so daft. I've supported Roberts for years. I've said many many times that he is a 30 minute impact player who has a role as a substitute striker and who can come on and make things happen. Centre halves will not like seeing him come onto the pitch thats for sure. His finishing however is abysmal. Unfortunately he obviously sees himself as a 90 minute striker of quality and has cultivated an attitude problem.

Good crowd yesterday- 24,431

£10 a ticket though dont forget!

Benjani has looked our best striker this season. Which is a sad state of affairs.

I agree, he has shown glipses of much more of a footballing brain than some of our players, he drops off his man & creates space & always looks to link play with others...We NEED a takeover to help us progress.

Still think Hoilett, Mame & Kalinic have plenty of potential but they are struggling to prove it....perhaps the poor service/ support from midfield is hampering them?

Still think Hoilett, Mame & Kalinic have plenty of potential but they are struggling to prove it....perhaps the poor service/ support from midfield is hampering them?

Spot on, i think both Mame and Kalinic would do good with some more support.

Im more doubting Hoilett will become a good player for us.

The times ive seen him play he has shown that the only thing he can do is run fast, no skills in passing or controlling the ball at all.

So you didn't see Real play superb attacking football against AC Milan...and are basing your judgement on a tactical master class by Mourinho when he was coach at Inter...

You would have missed him sending on a winger for a right back and seeing him score the equaliser before being smart enough to send on a sub during the celebrations.

Mourinho is a class act.

But you stick to your pre-conceived opinions.

My opinions Alan? Try these than...

'winning ugly'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1279934/Ex-Chelsea-star-Arjen-Robben-accuses-old-boss-Jose-Mourinho-winning-ugly.html

Chap you may know......

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/ReadeSport%3A+Blues+go+from+the+Osgood+to+the+bad+and+the+ugly.-a0142827617

"he decided to leave after Roman Abramovich challenged him for not playing attractive football after the disappointing draw to Rosenberg,"

http://goalpost.wordpress.com/2007/10/03/jose-mourinho-the-depature-from-the-bridge-of-the-self-annointed-special-one/

There's millions of similar stuff regarding Mourhino's favoured tactics. There's even a dedicated facebook page I believe. I realise that it's like criticising Alf Ramsey for winning the world cup with his 'wingless wonders'. Ramsey didn't play wingers and neither did Mourhino at Chelsea. He had two of the best in Duff and Robben but he never used them to entertain did he? He had Joe Cole too and disciplined him for over elaborating and playing too much football. His tactic was to play a grinding solid formation but with the very top players. I dare say that if SA had the same recources and players at his disposal he'd be up there in the top four too by 'winning ugly'.

btw God only knows why but we did see SA putting on a full back for a winger yesterday. Does that count? ^_^

So as opposed to actually watching and formulating your own opinion, you take others and represent them as your own?

Not at all. You well know that I give my opinions on football as I see it. If you don't like them don't read them. You should know by now that I don't read yours, sorry to say I've never see anything of value in them.

Not at all. You well know that I give my opinions on football as I see it. If you don't like them don't read them. You should know by now that I don't read yours, sorry to say I've never see anything of value in them.

So that's the thanks I get for trying to give you a little bit more self worth?

The people of today, ungrateful lot. Whatever is this country coming to? I remember back in the day.........

Roberts has been injured and not fit for most of this season hence why he has not been involved. He was not given a squad number because Sam was pretty confident another club would buy him in the window, which obviously never happened.

What I can't understand is that if squad numbers were given the day after the transfer window closed and Roberts was still with us, why Allardyce didn't give him a squad number.

We did exploit it - we won the game. 4-4-2 would amost have certainly allowed Wigan a freer run at our back four.

What happened to Ms Piggy??? - found out she was a trotters fan. Boom Boom.

So you've ditched Miss Piggy. Why? Does she not like Erinmore, Pepsodent and Brylcreem?

The Wigan fans were giving him plenty of abuse as he warmed up. :rolleyes:

But don't be so daft. I've supported Roberts for years. I've said many many times that he is a 30 minute impact player who has a role as a substitute striker and who can come on and make things happen. Centre halves will not like seeing him come onto the pitch thats for sure. His finishing however is abysmal. Unfortunately he obviously sees himself as a 90 minute striker of quality and has cultivated an attitude problem.

That was Chimbonda :!:

We appear to be relaint on EH Diouf now, he was clearly not fit on Saturday and our performance suffered as a consequence. Dunn on at half time was the right move, but he is also a long way from full match fitness, but showed the only real bit of class from us in the burst down the left near the end of the game which should have brought us a third goal.

And how Newcastle sold N'Zogbia is beyond me, he looked very very good on Saturday and was the best player on the pitch.

There's millions of similar stuff regarding Mourhino's favoured tactics. There's even a dedicated facebook page I believe. I realise that it's like criticising Alf Ramsey for winning the world cup with his 'wingless wonders'. Ramsey didn't play wingers and neither did Mourhino at Chelsea. He had two of the best in Duff and Robben but he never used them to entertain did he? He had Joe Cole too and disciplined him for over elaborating and playing too much football. His tactic was to play a grinding solid formation but with the very top players. I dare say that if SA had the same recources and players at his disposal he'd be up there in the top four too by 'winning ugly'.

Sorry I missed this...too busy watching Real blow away Atletico in in the first 20 minutes with that drab football you go on about.

Mourinho is brilliant at what he does. He has sorted them out at the back, got them playing and working in midfield but left plenty of space for attacking excellence.

Still, you do like your stereotypes...

Archived