BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Venky's a chance...

The Trust trusted Venky's and have been completely screwed over.

They must be bitterly regretting their choice of buyer this evening.

This feels like a cut and paste job you've been waiting(not so)patiently to use since Venky's took over.

Why don't you take a breath and wait and see. I've never known a man dive into negativity with as much relish as you philip.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why because the new owners have decided to change manager? Get a grip.

How does that make the buyer unsuitable or that they have screwed the Trust over? The Manager being kept wouldn't be one of the criteria by which prospective owners were judged by the Trust - it was solvency, financial commitments etc

The big picture was important - not the minutae

The Venky's did say we would notice the changes in a month after they took over.

change One

Sam has been sacked.

So the trust in your 'changed' opinion, could not be trusted. Not saying that is what you believe. But when you post such comments. You open the door to what else were the trust untrustworthy about. If they could sell the club up the river, i.e selling to the venky's - who are not to be trusted in your view. What else was a lie.

The only solace I take from this is that it shows Venky's are serious about the football side of things (although whether they are competent is yet to be discovered).

My fear was they'd just take us over to get their brand recognised, and leave us in a "as you were" situation. This is a pretty clear sign that they want to change things on field. Let's hope they get it right, but I'm fearing the worst.

VENKYS need to act FAST

If come Saturday we have heard very little from them, we have no manager and no JW then I see lots of protesting at the game.

They need to state their ambition NOW, and what 'WIDER PLAN' they have.

All this talk about if JW goes blah, blah, blah. If certain posters knew anything about the club, they would know that the chances are JW might go at the end of this or next season anyway.

I would say, think before you type but thats just not going to happen is it :rolleyes:

JW going in the next 6-18 mths is VERY likely due to personal issues....its more the mid december that would be worrying....Why not wait till summer and learn the ropes from a top pro 1st?

Email | Complain | Prev | Next | user_quote.gifuser_reply.gif

I`ve heard a rumour ...

John Williams has also gone or is going.

No joking , its only a rumour , but it comes from a club employee . She only heard about Sam 5 minutes before it was on Sky Sports and as she was leaving work was also told that John Williams could also be leaving , maybe not immediately but maybe at the end of the season.

This was posted earlier on Roversmad. Not by me by the way.

Obviously we'll give them a chance, we have no choice. But the decision to sack Sam is unfounded and truly despicable. Much like Hughton's sacking. I'm sorry, but I would be completely enraged if a co-worker was sacked in this way.

What sort of example does it show for the general public? Do your job well, it won't matter, you'll get sacked if management don't like you or you're not fancy enough.

It simply goes against all the values I hold dear and it angers me that Venky's will likely not feel the consequence of any of this.

What sort of example does it show for the general public? Do your job well, it won't matter, you'll get sacked if management don't like you or you're not fancy enough.

If anybody bases their approach to their job on what happens in Premier League football, then to be honest they deserve any misfortune that comes their way...

So now their Business Model becomes a bit clearer. I never could understand why anyone would buy a club as it cannot make money for them.

Venky's is a business that turns over £100m a year predominantly in India. If they wanted to market themselves globally, they might spend £10-30m a year in advertising. I think they see BRFC as their advertisement. Therefore they are prepared to 'lose' that sort of money annually in the club in return for promotion of Venkys. I suppose we can begin to see lots of venkys related stuff emblazoned around the ground/team/mascot/nickname/groundname etc. And with talk of maradonna coming in, maybe initially they are looking at penetration into South America markets.

Clearly the club will only matter indirectly in terms of promoting the image of Venkys.

Just a thought but thats my take on it.

Venky's have used up al their goodwill in one day.

Massive fail on their hands now.

Problem is that for Rovers, Venky's plan - like it or detest it - has to work. Afterall we do not have anybody else interested in taking over the club. This plan has to work or bust for both Rovers and venky's. The ink is dried on the deal - sad to say.

Venky's have used up al their goodwill in one day.

Massive fail on their hands now.

They're into negative equity as far as I'm concerned. You don't sack a successful manager right before a crucial part of the season unless the working relationship is damaged beyond repair. This could well be the biggest mistake any new owners have ever made. NUFC and Ashley is a warning to us.

I'm angry, sad, frustrated, fearful, disappointed, perplexed and just really really hacked off.

But the villains of the piece as far as I'm concerned are the Walker Trust. I was very much in favour of them remaining owners (as they would've had to review how much they were putting in - funds would have had to be made available) for a variety of reasons.

People said "but we're doomed to relegation with the Trust." - well we're doomed to relelgation with this lot!

The correct approach would've been "steady as she goes", find out how the business really works, don't make any major changes to somethign that was working well. Instead they think they can treat Rovers like their chicken business and be successful. It don't work that way!

Archived