BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for "falling into line"

read

adopting the new vision for the club

you have to remember they have a different way of putting things across in India

sorry for the pun, couldn't resist

but it is true

just watch out for the wobbly heads to know the truth

Fall into line was a comment about JW???

It was made by Mrs Desai in relation to JW, and probably TF, on Radio Lancs last night and repeated this morning.

I think we may have gone to bed with a bunch of fairly unpleasant people.

It was made by Mrs Desai in relation to JW, and probably TF, on Radio Lancs last night and repeated this morning.

I think we may have gone to bed with a bunch of fairly unpleasant people.

Ruthless firstly, that brings its own unpleasantness more often than not,

but they have a different culture to ours,

we will have to wait to see if they can marry the 2 together

Well it took many years of working in the golden triangle of Nashik, Mumbai and Pune to discover what it really meant and they all do it at some point

;)

I know why they do it, but you've made the same pun in at least 5 different posts already!

Ruthless firstly, that brings its own unpleasantness more often than not,

Yes that is what I was meaning

but they have a different culture to ours,

we will have to wait to see if they can marry the 2 together

Agree entirely and have said as much before. There is a real problem with language and use of English, or at least there is the potential for people to say there is a problem. Marrying the two cultures together will be very tough in my view.

Williams is STILL here, he would not be if he was that uncomfortable with the situation- maybe this needs to be highlighted a little more?

For how much longer? I can't see him putting up with these amateurs for much longer and why should he have to? He is a proud professional man, exactly what this lot are not. He has been a calm and steadying influence for years, who has guided us through some testing times and this is the thanks he gets. Basically fall in line or sod off. It stinks. I don't care how much of these quotes get lost in translation, there is no mistaking who they are aimed at. They are unprofessional and make us look like a laughing stock. Something we were not until this lot took over.

I wish Jerome Andersen would give a statement and tell us whats going on with the club. It seems like he's the only one who really knows :angry:

Something similar to this thought occured to me last night. To date, JW (inclusive of Finn and staff) and Jerome Anderson have been the only remaining high ups to conduct themselves as professionals. Our new owners could do a heck of a lot worse (and have) than to appoint one of the two to speak for the club and then zip it. They can talk all they want before the microphones are turned on.

Obviously I would prefer JW but if that is not in the cards, I'd take anyone who can stay on script, including Jerome Anderson.

John Williams' statement today in full:

"It has been a very difficult few days for everyone involved with the club.

"The departure of Sam and Neil was unexpected and I would like to add my thanks to them both for their efforts over two years. It is widely accepted that they did a very good job for us.

"However, the decision has been taken and we must move on. I would like to appeal to all Rovers stakeholders to fully get behind Steve, an out-and-out football man and a true professional, on Saturday.

"We are not in crisis - in fact, we are well placed in the table. But we know only too well how tight the Premier League is this year and we are about to embark on a spell of six major first team fixtures in three weeks.

"We do not want negativity around the place. That could work to our disadvantage by playing into the hands of our up-coming opponents.

"We need solidarity in every area. Football is a precarious business, fuelled by opinion, but I repeat that this is a time for everyone with a love for Blackburn Rovers to really show their support.

"This is not about individuals either. It is about the club - first, second and third."

A top quality leaders message !

This is one that needs to get out to every Rovers supporter who is embarking on going to saturdays match.

Both local radio stations and the local paper need to be putting this message out tomorrow thats if they value Rovers.

A top quality leaders message !

This is one that needs to get out to every Rovers supporter who is embarking on going to saturdays match.

Both local radio stations and the local paper need to be putting this message out tomorrow thats if they value Rovers.

While the words are exactly what I would expect from our Chairman, unfortunately anyone seeing JW walking into the club on Tuesday morning (SKY) could see a mile off that all is not well, and the words coming out of his mouth must have been choking him.

I hope he can use vast experience to turn the Raos around but I fear it may take more than words.

And yes we do have to support the team and personally would in any case.

While the words are exactly what I would expect from our Chairman, unfortunately anyone seeing JW walking into the club on Tuesday morning (SKY) could see a mile off that all is not well, and the words coming out of his mouth must have been choking him.

I hope he can use vast experience to turn the Raos around but I fear it may take more than words.

Yes, agreed. I'd even equated it to a 'hostage video' -- just that you can't see the gun held to his held.

But that was then, this is now, football like life moves on so lets on dust ourselves down and lets move on.

A new era has begun and what a shock its been, rock and roll football, living on the edge, must say I hope to see more shocks and hopefully it will be the Rovers shocking the footballing world.

Bring it on !.

John Williams' statement today in full:

"It has been a very difficult few days for everyone involved with the club.

"The departure of Sam and Neil was unexpected and I would like to add my thanks to them both for their efforts over two years. It is widely accepted that they did a very good job for us.

"However, the decision has been taken and we must move on. I would like to appeal to all Rovers stakeholders to fully get behind Steve, an out-and-out football man and a true professional, on Saturday.

"We are not in crisis - in fact, we are well placed in the table. But we know only too well how tight the Premier League is this year and we are about to embark on a spell of six major first team fixtures in three weeks.

"We do not want negativity around the place. That could work to our disadvantage by playing into the hands of our up-coming opponents.

"We need solidarity in every area. Football is a precarious business, fuelled by opinion, but I repeat that this is a time for everyone with a love for Blackburn Rovers to really show their support.

"This is not about individuals either. It is about the club - first, second and third."

Is that the entire quote philipl? Haven't you missed out "It says here" right at the beginning?

He should have said "I QUIT, they went over my head & I disagree with everything they stand for, the fans should be very afraid." - Instead he publicly backed them & said 'no crisis'.

As for attack on transfers....you have to question any signing over a certain age as they have no sell on value - which for a model with no cash, is quite important. You also have to question signings who come in on £30k+ yet are of poor quality/ not needed (Chimbonda, Grella, Jacobsen etc).

Makes me laugh how fans on here can slate some of Sams signings...yet when the new owners slate them + other signings, they get their head bit off. :wacko:

You have to give them a chance - that is all im saying.

I don't recall you slating any of Sam's signings UNTIL Venkys took over.

I don't recall you slating any of Sam's signings UNTIL Venkys took over.

I dont tend to slate the man in charge no....just trying to put some meat on the bones when they slate transfers. Whats your problem with that?? Do you ever try to see the other side of peoples arguements or are you just blinded by your view & therefore that can be the only correct one? I like to assess things, based on other people's views.

Can you say Chimbonda, Benjani, Grella etc have been good signings over the past few years?

Hell, alot argue Goulon isnt good enough after 1 game, alot are unhappy with Givet this season, and some say Kalinic is a flop too.

I dont tend to slate the man in charge no....just trying to put some meat on the bones when they slate transfers. Whats your problem with that?? Do you ever try to see the other side of peoples arguements or are you just blinded by your view & therefore that can be the only correct one? I like to assess things, based on other people's views.

Can you say Chimbonda, Benjani, Grella etc have been good signings over the past few years?

Hell, alot argue Goulon isnt good enough after 1 game, alot are unhappy with Givet this season, and some say Kalinic is a flop too.

I wonder why you never said any of this months ago then? All I recall is you being loyally defensive of Sam till he got sacked. That is excepting the episode about a year ago when results were bad and you temporarily thought he was on the way out.

I wonder why you never said any of this months ago then? All I recall is you being loyally defensive of Sam till he got sacked. That is excepting the episode about a year ago when results were bad and you temporarily thought he was on the way out.

A year ago - was based on an awful run, followed by the lock out a huge bust up at City with Dunn & co.

I never said anything in past because I dont agree with all of those views....I agree Chimbonda was a poor signing, and Benjani too (too injury prone) - However I like NZonzi, Givet and think Kalinic will come good.

Like I said - I was just trying to put some meat on the bones of what they said.

Archived