BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

Sadly this topic is not dead.

In her interview, Mrs Desai did not mention the role John Williams has been playing at Rovers once- that is probably a measure of how isolated he is.

Early in the interview in response to a question about Sam's sacking, she said that it was just the beginning.

Unfortunately, she wasn't asked about Williams so we can't jump to conclusions from that.

Not to worry philipl, didn't Mrs. Desai say that they had a football expert in the family to advise them - her brother :(

She did - that's the scary bit.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone (apart from Bucky) seriously not think that JW/TF will be feeling very upset/angry about things right now, no doubt they will be.

Our club is being run like a circus, might be the entertainment some fans have been missing but it is not for me.

What a sad state of affairs.

Does anyone (apart from Bucky) seriously not think that JW/TF will be feeling very upset/angry about things right now, no doubt they will be.

Our club is being run like a circus, might be the entertainment some fans have been missing but it is not for me.

Excellent post John. I couldn't agree more with you John!!!

In her interview, Mrs Desai did not mention the role John Williams has been playing at Rovers once- that is probably a measure of how isolated he is.

Early in the interview in response to a question about Sam's sacking, she said that it was just the beginning.

Before I went to bed your position was "well Venkys are alright but Kentaro are evil". This, of course, being a reaction to Williams and Finn not resigning/being sacked. Now there's another change, it's getting to be about two a day now.

You are an irritant.

I imagine they'll be very upset and angry. They've spent years building our club into one of the best run clubs around. I've always been proud of the way we conduct ourselves and we are well respected for this.

Suddenly all their years of hard work and dedication looks like being destroyed and ruined very quickly. They way the new owners are going about their business is pretty embarrassing.

I just hope JW/TF can get rid of Kentaro before it's too late. They seem like the real reason that our club is having it's good name ruined.

Before I went to bed your position was "well Venkys are alright but Kentaro are evil". This, of course, being a reaction to Williams and Finn not resigning/being sacked. Now there's another change, it's getting to be about two a day now.

You are an irritant.

There is no position in that post.

It was simply a matter of record- that is what happened in the 5live interview that was played on Radio 5live.

If I am iritating you, I am clearly getting something right!

Nothing a nice retention bonus wouldn't soothe, John.

These financial barbs are deeply demeaning. I genuinely do not know what arrangements are in place but from what I know of John Williams and Tom Finn they are completely uncalled for and out of order.

These financial barbs are deeply demeaning. I genuinely do not know what arrangements are in place but from what I know of John Williams and Tom Finn they are completely uncalled for and out of order.

Well as I know them less well, Philip, I'll take your word for that.

A short course on reading between the lines wouldn't go amiss either.

A superb post TJ. Apologies for just quoting this line out of context, but so true.

And another great post. Our club can't even get accurate statements out anymore. Mixed messages coming out left right and bloody centre. Please shut up and get your act together.

Good luck to Steve Kean. You're going to need it fella.

Ok abit more on this....JW/ TF thingy!! Some facts rather than nonesense that some seem to keep speculating about.

• As i stated tuesday morning - they had not resigned or been sacked....this was the case at 11.15 monday night & also early tuesday
  • Tuesday day JW & Tom Finn where not in meetings with Kentaro & Venkys....there is lots of work to do following a sacking....so you work out what they were doing.
  • Tuesday day - Venkys & Kentaro met with some members of staff at ewood about the future vision...that DID NOT include JW & TF
  • Venkys do still have reps in town, as do Kentaro
  • Both where at our town centre shop today to see what we currently do.

The media 'news' was just someone adding 2 + 2 together and coming out with 5.

The sacking of Sam has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons, but since Sam's style divided Rovers' fans dramatically I think collective judgement on how this decision reflects on Venkys overall ability to run the club has to be placed on hold somewhat. If John Williams and Tom Finn were to follow Sam out of the club (either resigning or sacked) then I would be seriously seriously worried about the running of Rovers by Venkys. The absence of JW from the media in the last few days, with Mrs Desai speaking instead, is slightly worrying. If JW and/or TF left as well I think there would be genuine heartfelt concern for the future running of the club.

I would love for JW to come forward and give us all some sort of reassurance at this time. Maybe he can't. Maybe he is as worried as everyone else. If so, did Venkys mislead in their takeover of the club, as there was no indication that stability would not be maintained at that stage?

In the LT today, John Williams has issued a rallying cry.

There is no crisis but there have been a difficult few days after the unexpected departures of Sam and Neil. he asks the fans to stick together and support the team.

The usual helping of common sense we expect to see from JW, I'm sure, starting on Saturday, we'll do just that.

MGP has said the same thing, for the fans to come and support the team on Saturday cause Blackburn Rovers is bigger than anyone and the players need the fans support, and togetherness has always been a key aspect of the club.

I think every true fan of the club is a bit disappointed, however, I dont see why the supporters in the stadium cannot support the team and also make their point felt about things which they are unhappy about.

In this post I want to stress I have done my absolute best to transcribe from Radio Lancs the words below. The one word I have had to guess is "removing" because it is not clear, though I think the word is right. I think the word was "removing" but cannot be certain and I am quite prepared to be wrong.

She initially speaks about the team needing 2-4 players etc and makes points in this area many on here have voiced. The crucial piece for me is the discussion on transfers, Allardyce, Williams and Finn. I'm not sure what to think or what she is saying or implying but as Philip points out this story is not dead.

Radio Lancs - go to about 1 hour 36 minutes in to the programme

Radio Lancashire played a selection of an interview between Matt Slater and Mrs Desai this morning and these are direct quotes from her, in reference to past transfers, Sam Allardyce, John Williams, Tom Finn:

Talking about Steve Kean and the past:

"I don't want to talk about the past. But the fact is that some things in the transfer business have gone wrong. It's a fact.

When Matt Slater then said it wasn't just Allardyce who made the decisions but also JW and TF, Mrs Desai responded:

"No, No, No, No. I'm not even suggesting for a second. Sam Allardyce may not even have been part of the reason. Try and understand I'm not even suggesting that"

Slater: "But you want to keep John Williams and Tom Finn:

Desai: "Yes. I do want to still keep them because I feel that there should be continuity and I still feel that errr I'm sure somewhere, something will have gone wrong with the whole systems or what. I don't want to go into the.....I just know these things have happened, it's for a fact and yet I feel there should be continuity and you know it's not right to go on removing people as long as they fall in line and that's what he has promised me"

Desai: "Yes. I do want to still keep them because I feel that there should be continuity and I still feel that errr I'm sure somewhere, something will have gone wrong with the whole systems or what. I don't want to go into the.....I just know these things have happened, it's for a fact and yet I feel there should be continuity and you know it's not right to go on removing people as long as they fall in line and that's what he has promised me"

She sounds a tough cookie, as I suspect many in the Indian chicken business found out the hard way, but this situation is not unusual for a takeover. JW IS going to have to fall in line if he wants to keep his job, which is now nothing more than the execution and advancement of Venky's agenda. He won't be able to influence that agenda unless they perceive him as basically being on their side.

JW has been pretty forthright over the last 3 years about the need for new owners, which for him was always going to mean a new boss with new ideas and a new style. No-obe was ever going to pay 40 million plus chuck in a few million every year to keep things as they were.

JW takes time to say 'no crisis', infact we are in quite a good position.

Hopefully that calms a few people down.

As for Mrs Desai - not the type of person you would annoy it seems. We heard she could be ruthless, think she is making that bit clear!

JW takes time to say 'no crisis', infact we are in quite a good position.

Hopefully that calms a few people down.

As for Mrs Desai - not the type of person you would annoy it seems. We heard she could be ruthless, think she is making that bit clear!

Course he said that Hughesy, he had no choice. To think I've defended you on one or two occasions. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Archived