BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

Paul Yates, the Rovers fan interviewed after Mrs Desai said it is patently obvious Rovers are being run by Kentaro.

Her criticism was directed at John Williams. At one point she said that she thinks Sam Allardyce was NOT INVOLVED in previous transfers.

Nobody but nobody on this MB is going to say that she is correct in that opinion. If there were odour to be distributed about previous transfers, surely it should be directed at the Trust- not at Sam and John who achieved an absolute miracle in the transfer market just like Sparky and John did before them.

She also criticised the systems at Ewood- generally regarded as about the best in the PL.

The reality is that Kentaro are mounting a demolition job on everything that is great about Blackburn Rovers FC. The Manager and Assistant Manager who would not stand any of their nonsense have been removed and now the Chairman and MD are next to face the Kentaro knives.

Kentaro have no interest in working with a Chairman who famously resists agents and has limited agency fees to £400k- one of the lowest in the PL.

Mrs D is simply being used to follow their script- her words include some mind boggling errors which canonly be seen in the context of following the Kentaro script to deliver Kentaro corporate objectives.

She needs to remember Venky's corporate objectives of having a good name globally. Attacking people of enormous integrity and achievement like John Williams in their own country simply rebounds on the attacker making them look naive and ridiculous.

She cannot do what she is doing without becoming a global laughing stock.

This is heading to be the greatest Chairman's one person corporate self-destruction since Gerald Rattner. When she wakes up to find out how utterly duped she has been, Jerome Anderson's feet will not touch the floor as he is ejected from wherever he finds himself.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Yates, the Rovers fan interviewed after Mrs Desai

I'd just like to mention my surname is not Yates :lol: .............................though Radio Lancs did call me for a comment today but I was on the M6 at the time.

25333828zEXvJgsOvW_fs.jpg

"as long as they fall in line and that's what he has promised me"

Dear God...

What on Earth is happening here?

:blink:

John Williams and Tom Finn I think have had a few £££'s handed to them to stick it out till the Summer, then I can see them getting the Hell out of the neighbourhood, and who can honestly blame them working under the Venky's Regime!

Paul Yates, the Rovers fan interviewed after Mrs Desai said it is patently obvious Rovers are being run by Kentaro.

Her criticism was directed at John Williams. At one point she said that she thinks Sam Allardyce was NOT INVOLVED in previous transfers.

Nobody but nobody on this MB is going to say that she is correct in that opinion. If there were odour to be distributed about previous transfers, surely it should be directed at the Trust- not at Sam and John who achieved an absolute miracle in the transfer market just like Sparky and John did before them.

She also criticised the systems at Ewood- generally regarded as about the best in the PL.

The reality is that Kentaro are mounting a demolition job on everything that is great about Blackburn Rovers FC. The Manager and Assistant Manager who would not stand any of their nonsense have been removed and now the Chairman and MD are next to face the Kentaro knives.

Kentaro have no interest in working with a Chairman who famously resists agents and has limited agency fees to £400k- one of the lowest in the PL.

Mrs D is simply being used to follow their script- her words include some mind boggling errors which canonly be seen in the context of following the Kentaro script to deliver Kentaro corporate objectives.

She needs to remember Venky's corporate objectives of having a good name globally. Attacking people of enormous integrity and achievement like John Williams in their own country simply rebounds on the attacker making them look naive and ridiculous.

She cannot do what she is doing without becoming a global laughing stock.

This is heading to be the greatest Chairman's one person corporate self-destruction since Gerald Rattner. When she wakes up to find out how utterly duped she has been, Jerome Anderson's feet will not touch the floor as he is ejected from wherever he finds himself.

I cannot add anything to that Philip, it's very straight to the point and clear. By way of a response though I'd make the following observations/suggestions :

- Venky's wanted the club for global publicity reasons, they need to grasp that publicity goes both ways, good and bad

- The EPL is probably the sports competition that is under the greatest constant scrutiny by the media, nothing escapes their view

- If the media want to make mischief they will, especially on a slow day, so Venky's need to present their actions and words very carefully

- They stepped into the lion's den willingly, it's not the best environment to learn how to run quickly

- This country has a view of itself (rightly or wrongly) that we produce good diplomats and many of us, through the education system, are steeped in the tradition of looking for hidden meaning in words and phrases used. You simply cannot be careless with the use of words or phraseology or else you will be eaten alive. Whatever was meant by "as long as they fall in line and that's what he has promised me" suggests to my ears to things 1)'fall in line' means "I want a nodding dog not a dog" and that's a demeaning thing to suggest to the world about a professional 2) "that's what he has promised me" is tantamount to a public humiliation. Did Venky's mean to convey any of this or is it just a poor choice of words?

- Knowing the above who the heck is running their PR machine, they want sacking IMO, it's a disaster.

- My advice is to employ a firm that really understands football and media management and the English language and 'spin'

- It wouldn't hurt to take input from a supporters rep before the owners say things out loud.

With every new interview they just get deeper and deeper into the mire, stop digging!

I have no axe to grind with anyone but for the sake of the club and to prevent these publicity catastrophes happening again please Venkys get someone on board who understand the management of reputational risk.

JW takes time to say 'no crisis', infact we are in quite a good position.

Hopefully that calms a few people down.

As for Mrs Desai - not the type of person you would annoy it seems. We heard she could be ruthless, think she is making that bit clear!

What else would you expect JW to say? He clearly didn't agree with the decision to sack the manager and his assistant but if he is to continue in post, for the good of the club, he has to keep to the party line. Of course, Hughesy, he could resign, but JW loves the club and is clearly staying in post to try to steady the ship. However, when Mrs. Desai comes out attacking transfer policy over the past few years it is clearly an attack on his management of the club. An attack which I think is totally unjustified. Equally, when JW states that it's widely acknowledged that Sam did a good job at Ewood Park it clearly distances himself from Mrs. Desai.

What else would you expect JW to say?

Desai comes out attacking transfer policy over the past few years it is clearly an attack on his management of the club. An attack which I think is totally unjustified. Equally, when JW states that it's widely acknowledged that Sam did a good job at Ewood Park it clearly distances himself from Mrs. Desai.

He should have said "I QUIT, they went over my head & I disagree with everything they stand for, the fans should be very afraid." - Instead he publicly backed them & said 'no crisis'.

As for attack on transfers....you have to question any signing over a certain age as they have no sell on value - which for a model with no cash, is quite important. You also have to question signings who come in on £30k+ yet are of poor quality/ not needed (Chimbonda, Grella, Jacobsen etc).

Makes me laugh how fans on here can slate some of Sams signings...yet when the new owners slate them + other signings, they get their head bit off. :wacko:

You have to give them a chance - that is all im saying.

Makes me laugh how fans on here can slate some of Sams signings...yet when the new owners slate them + other signings, they get their head bit off. :wacko:

Bloody hell, can't you see a massive difference between what fans say on a messageboard and what the club's owners announce to the media?

Bloody hell, can't you see a massive difference between what fans say on a messageboard and what the club's owners announce to the media?

Im picking up on 1 point - slating some of our previous transfers.....is it true all our past signings have been top notch? No - We have had some very poor ones over the last 3-4 years.

Not sure what your on about Bryan. :!:

Blasphemy from Sam's greatest defender, the truest of the true.

You tend to see things very much in black and white, dependent upon who is in charge.

Sam's in charge, makes bad signings - well it's not his fault he hasn't got any money

Sam's not in charge - he made some really poor signings, didn't he?

You're like a noodle twisting in the wind, are you writing Mrs Desai's rehearsed interview answers for her?

Blasphemy from Sam's greatest defender, the truest of the true.

You tend to see things very much in black and white, dependent upon who is in charge.

Sam's in charge, makes bad signings - well it's not his fault he hasn't got any money

Sam's not in charge - he made some really poor signings, didn't he?

You're like a noodle twisting in the wind, are you writing Mrs Desai's rehearsed interview answers for her?

Sorry but you dont get what im getting at.

Sam also made some very good signings - NZonzi being 1, but my point is people on here pick up on his bad ones (Chimbonda, Jacobsen etc), so why cant the new owners?? Just like Ince signed some bad ones (Grella) and Hughes (Brown, Roberts etc)

It's amazing how quickly you've gone from being pro-Sam to pro-Venky's.

That's because he's pro whatever is flavour of the month, can't think beyond £££ notes and gets his info by phoning round the marketing department till he finds someone bored enough to speak to him.

I do wish these people would just shut up - their daily contradictory utterings are making them, and the club, look like complete bulls*** artists.

"We want Maradona and have made contact"... "We don't want Maradona, if Steve Kean does well he will be the manager forever". "It is nothing against Mister Sam". It's pretty shocking how Rovers have gone from dignified family club to the good-time girl of some clueless battery hen flogging chavs.

It's hard to see how Williams, Finn et all couldn't have foreseen some of these difficulties - I mean, they obviously spent quite a few hours sitting opposite Uncle Balaji and his bling.

Pity the Trust were so desperate to flog us (and that nobody more fitting of Blackburn Rovers F.C. came along).

personally i wasn't sam's biggest fan but i reckon venky's got rid of him to give them media coverage,then they got worldwide coverage by linking diego maradona with the job i do not believe they care one iota for blackburn rovers,they want to globalize their chicken business and we are just a way of getting their brand noticed.

personally i wasn't sam's biggest fan but i reckon venky's got rid of him to give them media coverage,then they got worldwide coverage by linking diego maradona with the job i do not believe they care one iota for blackburn rovers,they want to globalize their chicken business and we are just a way of getting their brand noticed.

That's probably as much sense as you can deduce from the goings on so far. It only makes sense as some outrageous publicity stunt.

That's because he's pro whatever is flavour of the month, can't think beyond £££ notes and gets his info by phoning round the marketing department till he finds someone bored enough to speak to him.

Unlike the one who goes on radio phone ins? :rolleyes:

What has £ notes got to do with it??

Wrong on so many levels as usual.

Unlike the one who goes on radio phone ins? :rolleyes:

What has £ notes got to do with it??

Wrong on so many levels as usual.

I haven't been on any radio phone ins..........so wrong as usual.

The problem with your posts is you simply back whatever happens to be happening in blue and white regardless of the implications. £££££ has everything to do with it, you clearly know the price of everything and the value of nothing

John Williams' statement today in full:

"It has been a very difficult few days for everyone involved with the club.

"The departure of Sam and Neil was unexpected and I would like to add my thanks to them both for their efforts over two years. It is widely accepted that they did a very good job for us.

"However, the decision has been taken and we must move on. I would like to appeal to all Rovers stakeholders to fully get behind Steve, an out-and-out football man and a true professional, on Saturday.

"We are not in crisis - in fact, we are well placed in the table. But we know only too well how tight the Premier League is this year and we are about to embark on a spell of six major first team fixtures in three weeks.

"We do not want negativity around the place. That could work to our disadvantage by playing into the hands of our up-coming opponents.

"We need solidarity in every area. Football is a precarious business, fuelled by opinion, but I repeat that this is a time for everyone with a love for Blackburn Rovers to really show their support.

"This is not about individuals either. It is about the club - first, second and third."

This is getting sadder by the day, seriously. "fall into line" feck off, you are talking about a man who has helped keep Rovers above water for 10+ years, it's disgusting. JW's name should be chanted loud and long on Saturday so he knows just how much we appreciate his efforts over the years. He won't be here past next week with the rate of these ignorant comments that keep coming out of Desai's mouth. We are in trouble with this lot, they need us for furthering their business in the UK and Europe, much more than we need or want them for expansion/exploitation into India.

This is getting sadder by the day, seriously. "fall into line" feck off, you are talking about a man who has helped keep Rovers above water for 10+ years, it's disgusting. JW's name should be chanted loud and long on Saturday so he knows just how much we appreciate his efforts over the years. He won't be here past next week with the rate of these ignorant comments that keep coming out of Desai's mouth. We are in trouble with this lot, they need us for furthering their business in the UK and Europe, much more than we need or want them for expansion/exploitation into India.

You have bought a club, you have a vision, you then want to ensure that everyone is board with that vision or you get rid. Sam has gone but Williams stays as he has "fallen into line", making a lot out of a statement- actions speak louder than words, Williams is STILL here, he would not be if he was that uncomfortable with the situation- maybe this needs to be highlighted a little more?

Archived