BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

But my comments are based on facts. All the bile this morning and this afternoon was based on rumours that turned out to be untrue.

Hence requiring apology.

(I suppose I will be told to stop being naive, that Venky's spent all afternoon begging him to stay and he is secretly meeting up with Sam to rub his feet)

But there is enough evidence out there to suggest viably that it would definitely have troubled JW without relying just on facts

He gave Paul Ince time and still found it difficult to sack him, and we were 2nd bottom.

Sam was JW's self confessed man, and we were midtable and doing fairly well, certainly not anywhere near the predicament of Ince.

Having to tell him would have been fairly difficult i imagine, certainly when it is something he clearly wouldn't agree with in any shape or form

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speechless eh? Well it's not stopped you posting has it. :P

btw No! Some Indians really seem to value honour, honesty and trust very highly..... but they mostly live in tents on reservations. ^_^

Much of your posting on this has been objectionable and highly suspect. If you're prepared to say it in the first place don't then wimp out and hide behind poor attempts at humour.

By the way, I find your constant reference to 'slumdog millionaires' extremely annoying,not to mention highly disrespectful.

Immense lashings of humble pie needed to be consumed by 95% of this m/b after some of the irrational bile and hatred directed towards our new owners today.

From whats happened, think John Williams owes the supporters a personal view on what is actually going on at Rovers.

Expressing who is doing what, why the sacking, and the next steps regarding a new first team manager and the recruitment of quality players.

Surely thats the least he can do, after all we were told Venkys would support the current management team which has now become one big broken promise or was it an Indian lie ?.

• Backroom

Beep Beep Beep Caution Philip reversing. Beep Beep Beep Caution Philip reversing.

And you told someone else they needed to give it a rest.

:rolleyes:

The amount of flip flopping that goes on is ridiculous.

Sick of people implying that they are in the know as many have done on here, supposedly some had info that John had already left this morning. Think they need new sources.

O2G posted credible info yet because it wasn't sensationalist it got overlooked.

From whats happened, think John Williams owes the supporters a personal view on what is actually going on at Rovers.

Expressing who is doing what, why the sacking, and the next steps regarding a new first team manager and the recruitment of quality players.

Surely thats the least he can do, after all we were told Venkys would support the current management team which has now become one big broken promise or was it an Indian lie ?.

Don't hold your breath pal. It would only go along the lines of "in a period of transition...remain calm...difficult since Jack...trading club".

If there was nothing in it then JW wouldnt confirm he is now staying and the LT wouldnt run the story. Be sure that things were happening behind the scenes, but at the very least JW and TF will be at the club for now, which leaves one piece of the old Rovers in tact.

By the same token if they had not rebuffed the story you could easily say "They haven't denied it, there must have been something in it".

Nevertheless I was worried this morning and I am very happy that they are staying, regardless of what has happened in the last few days.

If there was nothing in it then JW wouldnt confirm he is now staying and the LT wouldnt run the story. Be sure that things were happening behind the scenes, but at the very least JW and TF will be at the club for now, which leaves one piece of the old Rovers in tact.

Of course there ere things happening behind the scenes, however that is very different to them actually have quit, which is what you posted ealier. Much the same as you claims that Tevez was leaving before the season started. Maybe you should take this as a lesson to actaully wait rather than pass of rumors and half truths as facts and add to hysteria.

Again, unless I've missed something, he hasn't done that has he?

SSN got their story completely wrong. JW/the Club haven't said anything at all on the subject. We don't know what they were discussing in the meetings today either.

Of course there ere things happening behind the scenes, however that is very different to them actually have quit, which is what you posted ealier. Much the same as you claims that Tevez was leaving before the season started. Maybe you should take this as a lesson to actaully wait rather than pass of rumors and half truths as facts and add to hysteria.

I think you can see that there is something in the Tevez story. Not a rumor. Never was. In fact, papers "were signed" in the summer with Real Madrid. Lets watch this space and see what happens.

And about this morning. I only reported what came through on SKY and I wasnt the one that broke the news on here.

I think you can see that there is something in the Tevez story. Not a rumor. Never was. In fact, papers "were signed" in the summer with Real Madrid. Lets watch this space and see what happens.

And about this morning. I only reported what came through on SKY and I wasnt the one that broke the news on here.

SSN are bloody useless. I think it might be prudent to wait for information from more reliable sources before going off on one in future. Myself included.

Wow you must have a crystal ball... of course Tevez is off now. You said he was off before the season started, you were wrong. You said this morning Williams whad quit, you were wrong. Things change, deals are rarley clean cut and things are always changing as you have learnt. Think before you post and claim something as fact.

The amount of flip flopping that goes on is ridiculous.

Sick of people implying that they are in the know as many have done on here, supposedly some had info that John had already left this morning. Think they need new sources.

O2G posted credible info yet because it wasn't sensationalist it got overlooked.

Ooh TCO, you flatter me.

I had one conversation which at the time contradicted most of what was being said in the media and posted what I could. Since then I've had a few PMs providing me with what purported to be different accounts of what was happening, some of them wildly different. I don't want to act smug because I certainly don't know what has been going on today, only a small bit. What I am certainly not now going to claim is that everything is suddenly rosy. I suspect that there is a lot of relationship building needed here. I'm inclined to think that that will be a lot more important in the next few weeks than responding to fans' pestering for statements. I'm sure John and Mrs Desai could put something comforting out but is anyone really going to believe that everyone is suddenly best mates? the only way it will work is if they come clean, say there have been differences but we're now going to get on with the job. Here endeth the marriage guidance counselling.

What we certainly need to do is show our solidarity as fans to the club on Saturday. If some feel the need to show some sort of protest then as long as that doesn't get in the way of the team performance then I would support that - whether I'll join in depends on what's proposed and how I think after a few days reflection. I quite like the idea of staying on the concourse for a few minutes and then coming out roaring our support for the team. But it will only be effective if a significant number want to join in and at the moment I have no feel for whether that is the case at all.

Phillipl was all over the board when it looked like Williams and Finn were offski. Somewhat conspicuous by his absence now. Cant help but imagine that he's gone to bed in a sulk.

Just taken an 80th birthday present to a lovely old lady who lives on her own and has leukemia if you must know.

Anyway I am absolutely delighted that John and Tom are staying with Rovers and am elated that all this morning's concerns have dissipated for the time being. Hopefully, there is now a clear road map which unambiguously respects the way things should be done properly now.

One observation worth making. As far as I can tell, this is the first Venky's acquisition of an existing business outside India. As such, they are clearly groping their way forwards in terms of learning how to manage foreign acquisitions quite apart from the time difference and the leap from eggs to football, domestic foodstuffs to global entertainment and roosters to El Hadji Diouf.

Lets see what the next crisis Jerome Anderson can conjure up is shall we?

Archived