BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

Lets put this into perspective. It has been less than 24hrs since Big Sam was sacked. Yet some are projecting the destruction of our club etc as if they've waited 24 months for Venkys to react and didn't get any response. Christ some of us are so presumptuous and taken in by conjecture.

Relax.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is more important than work.... JW is a legend, and Venkys can (Please don't use that word again) off. Do the right thing guys and protest, and show your disapproval of this. Enough is enough right now. How dare they come and destroy the club like this, this club was built with sheer hard work, and respect for all concerned.

Jerome Andersen is the cause for all this crap, he is clearly a misleading figure(i know this will be removed), but good grief, wtf is going on. :angry2::angry:

No proof whatsoever in that statement. You may believe it, but without evidence.

The Venky's have not destroyed the club - not yet anyway - they have sacked a manager that they believe cannot produce what they want produced. Happens in business all the time.

I will ask you the same question I have asked others on here.

How will protesting help the players v whu on saturday? It has been mentioned that they are in shock etc. Steve Keane needs our support also. The players nor Steven Keane are responcible for the past 24 hours. What is important is Rovers get 3 pts.

How will protesting help the players v whu on saturday? It has been mentioned that they are in shock etc. Steve Keane needs our support also. The players nor Steven Keane are responcible for the past 24 hours. What is important is Rovers get 3 pts.

PAFELL, I see your point and if this proves to be only Allardyce's sacking I can accept it. I did not like his football but understand and appreciate what he achieved. I think it was a mistake to sack him, the summer when his contract is up, would be the time to part company.

However if JW / TF resign / are pushed I would join any reasonable protest, staying in the concourse at KO seems a great plan, and then would hope to join the entire ground on it's feet as we roar Jack Walker's Blackburn Rovers to three points. Venky's have to learn and they clearly have chosen to do it the hard way. Make no mistake, lay down and accept this and Venky's will stomp all over the support. Their actions to date demonstrate a deep disrespect and lack of understanding of Rovers fans.

We can protest and support the team.

PAFELL, I see your point and if this proves to be only Allardyce's sacking I can accept it. I did not like his football but understand and appreciate what he achieved. I think it was a mistake to sack him, the summer when his contract is up, would be the time to part company.

However if JW / TF resign / are pushed I would join any reasonable protest, staying in the concourse at KO seems a great plan, and then would hope to join the entire ground on it's feet as we roar Jack Walker's Blackburn Rovers to three points. Venky's have to learn and they clearly have chosen to do it the hard way. Make no mistake, lay down and accept this and Venky's will stomp all over the support. Their actions to date demonstrate a deep disrespect and lack of understanding of Rovers fans.

We can protest and support the team.

I agree 100%

I will back up Icers on his comments re Jerome Anderson.

If we de-personalise it, the man is a registered agent and there is a raft of FIFA, UEFA, FA and PL regulation that his alleged involvement in determining Rovers' transfer policies, tactics and strategy would e in breach of were it true (posted in accordance with Glenn's guideline).

If we personalise it... but we won't go there, yet.

No proof whatsoever in that statement. You may believe it, but without evidence.

The Venky's have not destroyed the club - not yet anyway - they have sacked a manager that they believe cannot produce what they want produced. Happens in business all the time.

Pafell, your point is truly myopic. I know you think that three points against West Ham is all important, but expressing our disgust and clearly stating our refusal to sit back passively to this kind of behaviour is more important. We must show the new owners that we are the core of the club and demonstrate our unwillingness to simply allow them to unilaterally take these fundamentally footballing decisions. It seems like they have sacked Sam over an argument, endangering our safety this season much more than a fan protest at the West Ham game would do. How far would it have to go before you would protest and risk the three points? I personally think it's already bad enough and that it's a terrible sign of what might follow. If fans have the power to stop these kind of things, then we need to utilise this power.

What if he wanted to get sacked? Hence had an argument. Is that worth our protest?

Do you really believe that that is the case? Do you think he'd want the sack if the new owners were actually giving him enough money to spend and allowing him the freedom to choose the signings? This is what he has wanted for the last two years. I think it's quite obvious that that isn't the case.

Pafell, your point is truly myopic. I know you think that three points against West Ham is all important, but expressing our disgust and clearly stating our refusal to sit back passively to this kind of behaviour is more important. We must show the new owners that we are the core of the club and demonstrate our unwillingness to simply allow them to unilaterally take these fundamentally footballing decisions. It seems like they have sacked Sam over an argument, endangering our safety this season much more than a fan protest at the West Ham game would do. How far would it have to go before you would protest and risk the three points? I personally think it's already bad enough and that it's a terrible sign of what might follow. If fans have the power to stop these kind of things, then we need to utilise this power.

At this moment in time, all they have done is sack a manager who they see cannot produce the football they want produced. JW will be upset as he had to tell Sam he was sacked. JW will be upset because the decision was made without him. Which is fully understandable.

But all the Venky's have done is sack a manager they didn't want. What is there to demostrate about?

What if he wanted to get sacked? Hence had an argument. Is that worth our protest?

What a load of rubbish. I think it's pretty bloody unlikely he'd manipulate the owners so they'd sack him.

What is more likely is that several news sources have reported on this transfer issue with Kentaro, from the Guardian to SSN. Usually when one source reports something it's rubbish, but when multiple sources report something it has something a bit more in it, and also it tallies with a lot of what nicko's been telling us.

That is worth our protest, especially alongside the contradictory statements they've been giving to us fans and the ridiculous decisions so far.

At this moment in time, all they have done is sack a manager who they see cannot produce the football they want produced. JW will be upset as he had to tell Sam he was sacked. JW will be upset because the decision was made without him. Which is fully understandable.

But all the Venky's have done is sack a manager they didn't want. What is there to demostrate about?

Reneging on their promises to the fans and the board just a few weeks after their purchase has been completed.

Why is it unlikely?

Do you not know anything about Sam Allardyce? I would suggest it makes more sense that just booting him out for no reason.

We will see how long before he ends up in another role.

Remember the article the other day, "I walk before I'm pushed". A poorly timed article or something more sinister.

I don't know.

What I do know is that my opinion is as valid as yours on here. We both know very little.

Although I think the sacking was a mistake..I could support it if they had someone (quality) lined up/in mind.

It is the: "The first team coach can lead the team for a couple of months" statements that scare me.

And how do we now buy players in January? Steve Kean?

Why is it unlikely?

Do you not know anything about Sam Allardyce? I would suggest it makes more sense that just booting him out for no reason.

Remember the article the other day, "I walk before I'm pushed". A poorly timed article or something more sinister.

I don't know.

What I do know is that my opinion is as valid as yours on here. We both know very little.

I really hoped that I would never have to post one of these on here again.

But there are people on here with an inside track and you are wrong.

Perhaps a denouement nears-

PaulPlunkettLT Paul Plunkett

Venky's representatives have now left Ewood Park #rovers #brfc

50 seconds ago.

Earlier

A long meeting at Ewood Park. Seems Venky's doing their best to keep hold of John Williams #rovers #brfc

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Most people will go because they are not bigoted idiots.

They have sacked a man that they didn't think could finish in the top four or five. Do I think he could have finished so high? Definitely not.

JW/TF have not resigned.

The Boyd / Geovanni rumour appears to be a lie.

But hey, this is a great excuse for everyone to go crazy. (myself included).

There is no crime in sacking Sam allardyce. I probably would have done the same if he had demanded I sign Robbie Keane on 80k pw.

Why on earth would Venky's spend millions of pounds on a club allegedly to destroy it? How many of you have done your research to see what Venky's is actually about? The criticisms about Sam on these boards recently have reached a new level, yet all at once he is a God and should not have been sacked. Five points from the relegation zone - and a new owner who wants to see us at the very least in the top five? Please. Yes, there are many points of view, but I believe the intended scenario for Rovers is way beyond what we could ever dream of.

Venky's may have much to learn regarding football management, but of one thing I am sure, and that is they are not about failure.

Why is it unlikely?

I don't know.

This isn't as far fetched as some might think. Big Sam, if nothing else, is a player, and he knows that there will be clubs happy enough to employ him. A certain London club who's kit is sickeningly similar to that of the Dingles perhaps? I bet Benni McCarthy would be chuffed.......

Why is it unlikely?

I don't know.

No, I'm forming my opinion on what numerous sources both on and off this forum have stated for weeks - that Venkys' are in leagues with Kentaro and that they had their own list of players they wanted Sam to sign. Yes there's been no official word of this, why would there be, but considering the sheer volume of reports to this effect both pre and post sacking it's a very reasonable position to support. That wouldnt mean they sacked him for "no reason", it would mean they sacked him because he wouldnt comply with having his transfer targets dictated to him.

You, however, are inventing a scenario in your own head where Sam started an argument with the owners in order to get sacked, and forming an opinion based on that scenario that you made up. That is utterly illogical.

No, I'm forming my opinion on what numerous sources both on and off this forum have stated for weeks - that Venkys' are in leagues with Kentaro and that they had their own list of players they wanted Sam to sign. Yes there's been no official word of this, why would there be, but considering the sheer volume of reports to this effect both pre and post sacking it's a very reasonable position to support. That wouldnt mean they sacked him for "no reason", it would mean they sacked him because he wouldnt comply with having his transfer targets dictated to him.

You, however, are inventing a scenario in your own head where Sam started an argument with the owners in order to get sacked, and forming an opinion based on that scenario that you made up. That is utterly illogical.

Thank you for speaking sense Tony Gale's Mic. I simply couldn't be bothered responding to his post. While we all might know very little, some of us read the numerous reports about the Kentaro connection and are intelligent enough to know that some dots can be connected and that the picture which is starting to form is not looking entirely pretty.

I really hoped that I would never have to post one of these on here again.

But there are people on here with an inside track and you are wrong.

Perhaps a denouement nears-

Venky's representatives have now left Ewood Park #rovers #brfc

50 seconds ago.

Earlier

A long meeting at Ewood Park. Seems Venky's doing their best to keep hold of John Williams #rovers #brfc

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Well I have some connection and as I posted earlier there were no Venkys representatives meeting either Tom or John mid morning (fact) and I think Hughesy posted that they were not meeting at lunchtime either (don't know whether that's fact but he does know someone in the office). There were apparently some people in from Venkys yesterday talking to the marketing team about future plans but who had nothing to do with Sam's sacking. My best guess is that these guys have been in again today and some lazy journalists have put two and two together and got five. Of course something could have happened this afternoon but nothing was expected this morning, and this was well after the rumours started that they had gone and/or were discussing compensation inside Ewood.

They may not have failed in the chicken business, but the football business is a whole different kettle of chicken.

So you haven't checked out Venky's? If you had, you would see they are not just about chickens. That was how they started out, but have you ever read about Jack Walker? A family business that Jack had the foresight to develop in many ways - yes it was about steel but is was Jack's ideas that made the business the success that it was. A successful business is a successful business, it doesn't just happen, it takes a lot of hard work whether it applies to steel or chicken farming - or indeed football. Jack developed his steel business by looking around to see what he could add in-house - just as Venky's have done by producing feed and medicines to use in the development of their business rather than buying it in. Now they are intending to develop the business world-wide - a process which they have already started. They are also adding other facets to their business in developing their own fast food chain.

They don't know about the ins and outs of football (we assume) so they have acquired Kentaro to advise them - just as anyone in a similar position would acquire advisors. Now most of us are probably a bit skeptical about this move particularly the involvement of a certain Mr Anderson. Indeed doubts about the positions of both John Williams and Tom Finn regarding Kentaro brings anxiety to fans as we are well aware of their commitment to our club, and personally I hope and pray they will be with Rovers for some time to come. However, Rovers now belong to Venky's, like it or not, and, yes, we are going to be subjected to chicken jokes - I could already write a book of those, but, I repeat, Venky's are NOT about failure.

So you haven't checked out Venky's? If you had, you would see they are not just about chickens. That was how they started out, but have you ever read about Jack Walker? A family business that Jack had the foresight to develop in many ways - yes it was about steel but is was Jack's ideas that made the business the success that it was. A successful business is a successful business, it doesn't just happen, it takes a lot of hard work whether it applies to steel or chicken farming - or indeed football. Jack developed his steel business by looking around to see what he could add in-house - just as Venky's have done by producing feed and medicines to use in the development of their business rather than buying it in. Now they are intending to develop the business world-wide - a process which they have already started. They are also adding other facets to their business in developing their own fast food chain.

They don't know about the ins and outs of football (we assume) so they have acquired Kentaro to advise them - just as anyone in a similar position would acquire advisors. Now most of us are probably a bit skeptical about this move particularly the involvement of a certain Mr Anderson. Indeed doubts about the positions of both John Williams and Tom Finn regarding Kentaro brings anxiety to fans as we are well aware of their commitment to our club, and personally I hope and pray they will be with Rovers for some time to come. However, Rovers now belong to Venky's, like it or not, and, yes, we are going to be subjected to chicken jokes - I could already write a book of those, but, I repeat, Venky's are NOT about failure.

For God's sake, please cease with this illogical tripe. No business or businessman rich enough to buy a Premiership team is about failure, but how many have failed?

Archived