BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anybody else wondered how the first team squad are going to react to all this on Saturday? I've never worked for a company which has been taken over so I don't know. Will they need extra motivation for the W. Ham game; or will they feel that the club that now pays them isn't the same one they joined, and that some [many?] of them will be shipped out to make way for Venky's new acquisitions, so there's no point?

I didn't hear the Jason Roberts interview; but I did hear a clip of Ryan Nelson being interviewed yesterday - he's a bright bloke; didn't he get some Business degree in the US before he joined us? - to me, he sounded both worried and sort-of resigned to the way the football industry now works.

I agree with what T4E's just posted.

You moaned and moaned about Allardyce even when we won 3-0, you didn't recognise a good manager when you saw one.

Until the new man comes in and we see how he does, how can you say I was wrong then? FFS.

Sam was an OK manager, but who's to say Venky's aren't going to appoint someone better? Jol would be a vast improvement IMO. At least those of us who attend games might actually get to see something worth watching and getting excited about instead of seeing Rovers go out with the primary aim of stopping the opposition playing and hoping that a set-piece fortuitously falls in our favour.

And for all the people who are talking of boycotting games - are you Blackburn Rovers fans or Sam Allardyce fans?

Disgusted - why are our OWN Blackburn Rovers supporters wanting us to fail so so badly just because we have inexperienced owners at the helm? is being the whipping boy of the media not enough? Some of our fans want their intuitions to be proven right rather than to see OUR club succeed. Tell me frankly, everyone saw the sackings coming anyway, its just a matter of time (although this occured quite untimely) - its inevitable new owners want their own people in charge.

If you look on Venkys perspective, this would probably be a well-intentioned move designed to please our very own Blackburn fans. Better football and more ambition. Didn't they promise that when they took over? Its just unfortunate that the sacking was ill-timed.

To people talking about tradition and continuity - remember how Jack dumped Mackay for our revolution, remember how picking 'up and coming British managers' didn't work out, remember how the Trust flogged us for years, remember how tranfer funds go 'missing'. Tradition does not preclude ambition to bring the Rovers Arte et Labore ethic to worldwide audiences. The continuity we have is this, our ethic - Arte et Labore - and long may it continue. Managerial changes OR regime changes will not define the proud history of our club. When was the last time you saw arte et labore from our own players? Hardly during Big Sam's era.

See how it unravels before making ridiculous statements eg "Worst day in the club's history other than Jack Walker's death". The club will always be bigger than its managers, players and owners. Granted, JW and Finn are the fulcrum of Rovers recent success and there are good reasons to feel aggrieved by their departure - but it doesnt mean Blackburn as a club cannot progess.

Reflect on your own sentiments, obviously its anti-Venkys but I suspect some appeals to 'tradition' reveals a pathology that runs deeper than these. A pathology of something that starts with 'X'.

Arte et Labore - Rally behind our club!

Apologize, might be a little too harsh earlier but I hope comments would be directed to the content of my post, instead of accusing me of 'playing' the race card (sorry if this is being interpretated that way) - will not discuss this part of my response further.

India calling...... India calling......

I suggset a new board name for you matey .... how do you fancy Lord Haw Haw?

The live reporter at Ewood, for SSN has just now said that JW and TF aren't expected to be here by the end of today.

There is every possibility the live reporter is wrong.

The presenters in the studio keep reading out the LT article about JW being in a different position.

I'm starting to think it might not be a bad thing that he might be leaving. He never fought our corner when we were being starved of funds. He has been a brilliant servant to the club over the past 13 years, but the club is bigger than him.

He is having to deal with a lot of change, he just might not be up for it.

I'm only going to judge Venky's on league position this year. Survive and everything is ok. Go down and we will have to live with their decision making.

Until the new man comes in and we see how he does, how can you say I was wrong then? FFS.

You mean in 2 months? we could be in severe trouble by then. Do you believe Venkys will find us a manager guaranteed to keep us up and get as many points as Sam would?

Do you think freebies via Kentaro are the answer to our weaknesses?

You mean in 2 months? we could be in severe trouble by then. Do you believe Venkys will find us a manager guaranteed to keep us up and get as many points as Sam would?

Please stop repeating rumour as fact

I'm starting to think it might not be a bad thing that he might be leaving. He never fought our corner when we were being starved of funds. He has been a brilliant servant to the club over the past 13 years, but the club is bigger than him.

I'm only going to judge Venky's on league position this year. Survive and everything is ok. Go down and we will have to live with their decision making.

Bucky - that's unbelievable.

We have no manager and no-one lined up. Soon, we might have no Chairman or managing director, who are rumoured to be quitting because Kentaro are going to make the player signings - and you think that's a good thing?

Good grief.

We have no manager and no-one lined up. Soon, we might have no Chairman or managing director, who are rumoured to be quitting because Kentaro are going to make the player signings - and you think that's a good thing?

Good grief.

You are doing it as well. Emotive massaging of the facts.

JW has been here for 13 years. The new owners have a different way of doing things.

Should they have asked how he likes things done and then done that?

We are in a transitional period and things will change.

Its not even been confirmed yet! (The only thing that is known is that he was planning to leave anyway)

are you actually Venky's PR advisor?

Was Sam "guaranteed" to keep us up? No-one can say for sure. We have to wait and see what Venky's do before jumping to any conclusions. Personally I wouldn't wait two months - I would appoint Jol now as I don't think we're likely to get may better managers out of work and available.

And the Boyd/Geovanni thing looks to be a bit of press mischief according to Nicko so again, let's wait and see before all having hissy fits.

As I said before, losing Allardyce is an inconvenience, losing JW is a far bigger blow. Let's hope that part turns out to be unsubstantiated rumour.

Good grief.

Totally agree Den. It's completely daft to sack a manager right before a crucial time in the season. It's also daft to trust a sports agency over what players Rovers needs when the management of the club are the ones with the knowledge.

Please stop repeating rumour as fact

Conjecture, conjecture, conjecture.

There's no proof (bar some baseless newspaper reports) that Venky's foisted Geovanni & Boyd on to Big Sam. Steve Kean could turn out to be a gem of a young manager, and he's already familiar with the playing staff. Heck, Venky's could even have a new man in place by the end of the week. Nothing is written in stone. It hasn't even been 24hrs since Sam's dismissal and our own fans have already consigned us to oblivion. I understand most of the fans' concerns, but I'm already fed up of those getting their posturing in early.

I don't think it's a good thing. But if I was Venky's I would be shocked that the Chairman/CE had decided to resign over the fact I decided to get rid of the manager.

As peope have said previously, the trust were involved in the hiring and firing so why the sudden indignation?

You moaned and moaned about Allardyce even when we won 3-0, you didn't recognise a good manager when you saw one.

He wasn't a good manager, he was effective with limited funds, and did a great job keeping us up.

You and your little clan have backed yourselves so far into a corner you’ll be lucky to get out.

Allardyces negative, percentage football is no more, away games will be fought for, and not given up before we pull the shirt on, now we just need a decent replacement and that’s is the key focus.

The decision has been widely accepted, if listening to the media is anything to go by, only a few on here are opposed and that’s less than 1% of the fans, although some feel this is the place to be to gage the fans reactions, it really isn't you know.

Oh please. We would have stayed up under Sam. No question. I was pretty confident of finishing as high as 7th or 8th this season with a couple of good signing in January.

Jim and theno were his biggest fans but they still insisted there was a good chance we would be relegated this season with Sam still in charge.

So...

Let's try and get some perspective?

They haven't gone but are in talks? Which you'd kind of expect anyway, seeing as how that is their job?

The owners Rep's have been seen at the club today (By the TV Camera's)

The owners have put out a clarifying statement

So I assume they have a lot to talk about this morning, and we shall know more later today?

Also, Nicko has been on the record saying the transfer targets being used as scare mongering were untrue.

However, you could say?

Why sack someone now, when you don't have a replacement, unless you've had a major disagreement?

The clarifying statement asks more questions than it answers, wait 2 months (vs Transfer window?), British Manager, Trust us?

And those players are odd ones to be just pulled out of a hat weren't they?

Some answers today please and a new manager before the window opens?

Archived