BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

Surely the most significant issue right now is that for the next month or so we're under the guidance of a guy who has no premier league managerial experience whatsoever. Nobody on here can say that this is a good thing. The rest appears to be speculation.

For WHAM at home on saturday, Steve Kean is taking charge. That is what Venky's have decided. If we lose that game then we could spiral out of control.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wasn't a good manager, he was effective with limited funds, and did a great job keeping us up.

You and your little clan have backed yourselves so far into a corner you'll be lucky to get out.

Allardyces negative, percentage football is no more, away games will be fought for, and not given up before we pull the shirt on, now we just need a decent replacement and that's is the key focus.

The decision has been widely accepted, if listening to the media is anything to go by, only a few on here are opposed and that's less than 1% of the fans, although some feel this is the place to be to gage the fans reactions, it really isn't you know.

Really? 75% of fans think it was wrong to sack Sam on the LT poll. Less than 1% of fans on here are opposed? Have you actually read any of the posts from fan on here?

You are doing it as well. Emotive massaging of the facts.

JW has been here for 13 years. The new owners have a different way of doing things.

Should they have asked how he likes things done and then done that?

We are in a transitional period and things will change.

Its not even been confirmed yet! (The only thing that is known is that he was planning to leave anyway)

So they didn't make a statement in writing stipulating that they would support the current management team?

I don't see any support but I do see contradictions. But I guess its all down to the language barrier.

They have no one lined up for the role of manager and are actually considering going through the window without one.

What player in their right mind is going to sign for us without knowing who will be in charge.

Its a farce, poor management, poor timing, poor business sense and down right disrespectful to all involved at the club and its fans.

He wasn't a good manager, he was effective with limited funds, and did a great job keeping us up.

You and your little clan have backed yourselves so far into a corner youll be lucky to get out.

Allardyces negative, percentage football is no more, away games will be fought for, and not given up before we pull the shirt on, now we just need a decent replacement and thats is the key focus.

The decision has been widely accepted, if listening to the media is anything to go by, only a few on here are opposed and thats less than 1% of the fans, although some feel this is the place to be to gage the fans reactions, it really isn't you know.

It all depends on your own peer group though doesn't it GAV? Sounds like yours were anti-Sam, fair enough. Mine were resolutely pro Sam.

However, that is not what matters now, I feel posts like 'no more hoofball', 'we will take away games seriously now', 'who do you want as the new manager?' are fiddling while Rome burns.

The very nature of the club is at stake, agencies could be dictating transfer polict, the club's senior management could be out the door, we could be managerless for two months and we are seeing posts talking about Sam Allardyce's approach to away games!?!!

Or we might win it. Or draw it even.

As we might have done with Sam still in charge.

Hand on heart do you think Kean stands a better chance of winning this game than Allardyce??

This isnt about style of football, but football management experience. In principle, getting rid of Allardyce and installing a 'better' manager isnt that bad an idea. However to do it just before the Christmas schedule and without any name lined up to take over immediately is playing with fire.

But if I was Venky's I would be shocked that the Chairman/CE had decided to resign over the fact I decided to get rid of the manager.

Venky's probably will be, mainly because they haven't got a clue what they are doing! They have owned us for a few weeks and think they know it all, when in reality they know nothing.

The Chairman wasn't involved in the sacking until the end when they rang him up and told him to sack Sam. They obviously value and trust his opinion that much that they didn't even have the common courtasy to discuss it with him and take his opinion into consideration. It shows a distinct lack of respect and something that I wouldn't stand for at work.

Most people will go because they are not bigoted idiots.

They have sacked a man that they didn't think could finish in the top four or five. Do I think he could have finished so high? Definitely not.

JW/TF have not resigned.

The Boyd / Geovanni rumour appears to be a lie.

But hey, this is a great excuse for everyone to go crazy. (myself included).

There is no crime in sacking Sam allardyce. I probably would have done the same if he had demanded I sign Robbie Keane on 80k pw.

I agree, no crime was committed. Gutted for Sam, not Rovers. Move on, new day, new era etc.

We have also to consider Rovers have only won 6 games, drawn 3 and lost 8. After 17 games have a minus 5 goal difference. Not a record that would give new owners comfort about their new investment.

It really is strange this MB. When Rovers lost, many said sack Sam. When Rovers won, people still said the performance was terrible / we got out of jail etc - and some still said sack Sam.

Fickle is a description of some supporters. Others commented that people on here changed their opinions of Sam depending on the last game. Take man u 7 - 1 defeat, spurs 4 -2 defeat - no heart, no passion, sent the team out to not to try or win etc etc.

Now he has been sacked - the same people are saying WHY.

Fot those who moaned and groaned about Sam, his tactics, the times the team lost. The new owners have listened to you - they have sacked the manager.

Yet you still moan.

Unbelieveable, very hard to please are Rovers supporters at times.

Hand on heart do you think Kean stands a better chance of winning this game than Allardyce??

This isnt about style of football, but football management experience. In principle, getting rid of Allardyce and installing a 'better' manager isnt that bad an idea. However to do it just before the Christmas schedule and without any name lined up to take over immediately is playing with fire.

Yet he has already worked with the team. He knows them and they know him. As he is here, give him ago. I really think Rovers will turn WHU over on saturday.

I agree, no crime was committed. Gutted for Sam, not Rovers. Move on, new day, new era etc.

We have also to consider Rovers have only won 6 games, drawn 3 and lost 8. After 17 games have a minus 5 goal difference. Not a record that would give new owners comfort about their new investment.

It really is strange this MB. When Rovers lost, many said sack Sam. When Rovers won, people still said the performance was terrible / we got out of jail etc - and some still said sack Sam.

Fickle is a description of some supporters. Others commented that people on here changed their opinions of Sam depending on the last game. Take man u 7 - 1 defeat, spurs 4 -2 defeat - no heart, no passion, sent the team out to not to try or win etc etc.

Now he has been sacked - the same people are saying WHY.

Fot those who moaned and groaned about Sam, his tactics, the times the team lost. The new owners have listened to you - they have sacked the manager.

Yet you still moan.

Unbelieveable, very hard to please are Rovers supporters at times.

I have absolutely no issue at all with him being sacked - however, the timing and particularly the fact that there appears to be no immediate replacement, coupled with the uncertainty around JW are the big issues here.

Appoint Jol in the next couple of days, JW remains and we're stronger than this time yesterday IMO.

All the more eason for rallying round the Club now Gordon.

Surely not going is deserting the Club in their hour of greatest need.

Please define 'The Club' Simon. Lets be honest, 'The Club' is no longer our club is it? Good footballing men sacked in the last fortnight Wilkins, Houghton, Allardyce and now poss JW and TF. making way for the Kentaro's, the Venkey's, the Joorbaichim's and the Tevez's. Right now I feel like getting off at the very next station. If I don't then I'll be like a Venkey chicken meekly hanging around whilst they pull my neck out.

Fair play to the real reds of Manchester......FC Rovers anyone? :rock:

If the club don't have a manager lined up, then Sam's out of the blue sacking takes on extra significance for me. They want to take their time, if that's the case why not leave Sam there? Doing this without having a plan in place suggests that our owners are prone to fits of piqué and rash actions. That is something worth worrying about, if true.

There's too many mixed signals at the moment to make me panic too much. Having said that, there's also too many for me to feel totally positive. I hope the dust settles soon.

You've changed your tune somewhat T4E. Were you on the pop last night? ^_^

Jim and theno were his biggest fans but they still insisted there was a good chance we would be relegated this season with Sam still in charge.

Indeed so. (and we dont agree on much :rolleyes: ) Allardyce was the very best managerial option possible for this club with the financial constraints that it was operating under and which had driven Hughes to pastures new. The safest pair of hands in the business. However we could still have been in trouble with a few key injuries / suspensions to a realtively limited squad. Quite simply there is far more chance of that now, and especially if the players are in the frame of mind of the majority of members on here.

I don';t know what the odds were yesterday but a few bob on relegation before the odds change must have been a good bet. I'm not a betting man but I'd wager Nicko stuck a few bob on us going down yesterday evening.

It's only a matter of time. Sooner rather than later IMO.

Perhaps

SSN believe they are now in there negotiating their exit terms.

Yet people still label it as a rumor... :rolleyes:

Well SSN want to get the news correct.....AS OF 2 minutes ago, both where in their offices as normal, not in any meetings at the moment!! :rolleyes:

Very unfair that den, when you read the article in detail there is very little wrong with it - all Mrs. Desai says is they will not rush a new replacement and Keane "could" be in charge for a couple of months as a result.

If they rushed an appointment they'sd be accused of making a knee jerk reaction.

The interview in the LT that Mrs. Desai gave suggests that her knowledge of football is nil. The woman talks about putting Kean in charge for a "couple of months" - obviously as he's said to be on Kentaro's books - at the most vital point of the season. An untried and untested manager whose main qualification seems to be that Kentaro and their associates are said to be his agents. She then asks people to trust her. To cook a chicken dinner perhaps, to run a Premier League club, sorry, I have no trust in her ability or her knowledge. If they had a replacement for Sam in mind, if they had outlined a plan, a vision for the future - apart from chasing publicity to sell more chickens - I might have been more sympathetic but there is nothing in the interview that can give anyone any confidence in these people. To talk about finishing fourth or fifth in the League is a joke, unless they are suddenly going to spend £100 million or more and that certainly isn't going to happen.

Even if John Williams and Tom Finn stay, what roles are they going to have? Venky and Kentaro will make the important decisions and John and Tom will simply deliver them. Are either of them going to be content with the role of glorified messengerboy?

At least we are now challenging for one title. We would appear to be challenging Newcastle United for who can become the biggest laughing stock in the Premier League.

The interview that Mrs. Desai gave the LT was totally inadequate in explaining why the manager needed to be replaced at this moment in time. She has given no appraisal of the League at his moment in time, she seems to fail to understand that a run of poor results in December and January could seriously threatened our Premier League safety. She seems blissfully unware that her actions may well destablise the club at the most important point of the season. She talks about winning in an entertaining manner but then doesn't explain how she plans to deliver that aim. All she can do is ask people to trust her. Sorry Mrs. Desai but trust comes from actions not words and so far both your actions and words are leaving me cold.

Archived