BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

the club I have supported since 1961 has changed beyond all recognition within a few short weeks. Suddenly, from being a club that always did things the right way, we now seem to be going down the Newcastle way of doing things.

Don't I remember Tony Parkes finding out he'd been sacked from the radio or something. Hughes had wanted to tell him but someone else let the cat out of the bag, if I remember rightly so we don't always do things right.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't I remember Tony Parkes finding out he'd been sacked from the radio or something.  Hughes had wanted to tell him but someone else let the cat out of the bag, if I remember rightly so we don't always do things right.

Jack Walker would have been turning in his grave.

(A lot of other people have been saying it, I felt like i was missing out

Thank God. If JW thinks there us a good future with Venky's then that is good enough for me, for now...

Perhaps JW staying could also point to the fact he feels if he left now, it would leave the gate wide open for all sorts of changes that he sees as detrimental to the well being of the club.

The owners aren't in the country at the moment. They have sent their representatives to attend meetings with JW and TF.

They can do meetings over the phone or via the interweb thesedays den ;) Doesn't have to be face to face.

So a few porkies being told by the Sky Sports people I see... well thats a surprise...

They report what they are told. The same as the newspaper writers and everyone else in the media.

I'm chuffed he is staying but I still wonder how affective he can be with Venky's in charge.

Everyone get your apologies in now.

This is not a club in crisis, it's a new dawn.

JW has faith. He was the one who told Sam he was sacked and he is still here today. If he had been against the decision he could have refused to tell Sam. (rather than sack him and then resign, what would be the point in that? Especially if he was trying to make a statement)

Everyone get your apologies in now.

This is not a club in crisis, it's a new dawn.

JW has faith. He was the one who told Sam he was sacked and he is still here today. If he had been against the decision he could have refused to tell Sam. (rather than sack him and then resign, what would be the point in that? Especially if he was trying to make a statement)

To be fair, knowing the type of man JW is he was bound to have misgivings, and any Rovers fan was/is equally justified to also.

This represents some light at the end of the tunnel. Losing BFS now is difficult, but to lose him and JW (who is more important long term) would have just been tragic

But my comments are based on facts. All the bile this morning and this afternoon was based on rumours that turned out to be untrue.

Hence requiring apology.

(I suppose I will be told to stop being naive, that Venky's spent all afternoon begging him to stay and he is secretly meeting up with Sam to rub his feet)

@PaulPlunkettLT

Exclusive: Here's the news on John Williams ... he is STAYING at #Blackburn #Rovers.

Immense lashings of humble pie needed to be consumed by 95% of this m/b after some of the irrational bile and hatred directed towards our new owners today.

Are you saying that Indians are untrustworthy in business ?

I am speechless if you are.

Speechless eh? Well it's not stopped you posting has it. :P

btw No! Some Indians really seem to value honour, honesty and trust very highly..... but they mostly live in tents on reservations. ^_^

No not exactly but don't dig!

Let's just be enormously relieved that the friendly chat which really mattered has produced the right result.

Beep Beep Beep Caution Philip reversing. Beep Beep Beep Caution Philip reversing.

And you told someone else they needed to give it a rest.

:rolleyes:

Archived