BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

The future!

Put it this way they were not meeting with the people who would be deciding our next manager.

The Venky's were all back in India Hughesy. As modes pointed out though, you don't have to be in the same room nowadays.

I think, that people who don't believe this sacking of Allardyce over JW's head, hasn't caused real problems between the owners and JW/TF are swallowing the LT/club line a little too easily.

In my opinion, JW is a very reputable guy. I imagine the news reports this morning, where it's being suggested that JW and TF are doing what's right for the club at the present time, are pretty near to the truth.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How awful is the Official site at covering this? I'd call it amateurish, but that would be insulting to sites like this.

I popped over to see if there is any news, the only piece on there is the press release from Monday. The only more recent bits are light-hearted things like "Wonderland Raffle" and "Play at Ewood!".

Hopefully the website is something Venky's will look at if we're expanding abroad, it's embarrassing.

I agree about the offical website but I am guessing that there is no information on there because no one has got a clue what is going on.

Even a short statement from John Williams would be good or an interview with our new gaffer (who will be in charge for either 10 days, 2 months or the rest of the season).

I can't wait to listen to radio rovers on saturday eiither, poor Gerald, how the hell is he going to put a nice jolly spin on this week !!

I agree about the offical website but I am guessing that there is no information on there because no one has got a clue what is going on.

Even a short statement from John Williams would be good or an interview with our new gaffer (who will be in charge for either 10 days, 2 months or the rest of the season).

That's what I went over for. I thought there would be a piece on Steve Kean. I thought the news about Williams would be on there. I thought maybe some players would have given their reactions, they've had no trouble speaking elsewhere.

It was more the clutter around it that wound me up, it's like the place is on autopilot, oblivious to the goings on around it.

I can't wait to listen to radio rovers on saturday eiither, poor Gerald, how the hell is he going to put a nice jolly spin on this week !!

If Radio Rovers' previous December broadcasts are anything to go on, by playing his copy of 'Now Thats What I call Xmas' in its entirity.

Strange that you are going with what you want to believe den.

Fancy that.

I don't know one way or the other. I only know that you don't know either.

I don't "want" to believe that this sacking has caused problems for JW, but it's pretty obvious that it isn't the way John Williams has ever worked. Anyway, since when not having any facts stopped you posting what you want to believe Bucky?

Everyone get your apologies in now.

This is not a club in crisis, it's a new dawn.

JW has faith. He was the one who told Sam he was sacked and he is still here today. If he had been against the decision he could have refused to tell Sam. (rather than sack him and then resign, what would be the point in that? Especially if he was trying to make a statement)

I imagine the news reports this morning, where it's being suggested that JW and TF are doing what's right for the club at the present time, are pretty near to the truth.

And so they should - that's what they're paid very well for. Leaving now because of a damaged ego would not at all fit with his "Mr. Blackburn Rovers" image

Plus, if JW has any moral qualms about Allardyce's sacking, perhaps he should refresh his memory on how Tony Parkes was sacked:

- Allardyce, a 2-year employee, was told face-to-face, with no leaks beforehand, and replaced (for now) by an exisiting, well-respected staff member, i.e. professionally done.

- Parkes, a 30-year employee, was told by the back page of the Sun and replaced by another of Hughes' Taffia buddies, i.e. shambolic and nausiating.

How awful is the Official site at covering this? I'd call it amateurish, but that would be insulting to sites like this.

I popped over to see if there is any news, the only piece on there is the press release from Monday. The only more recent bits are light-hearted things like "Wonderland Raffle" and "Play at Ewood!".

Hopefully the website is something Venky's will look at if we're expanding abroad, it's embarrassing.

Presumably it will get translated into several of the subcontinent's languages. Man Utd do theirs in Chinese and Korean, Chelsea's is in Russian etc to meet the needs of their club and its overseas supporters, but rovers is only in English.

I can;t stand rappers they all have stupid names and look stupid, when we going to get some decent "real" musicians supporting Blackburn.

"They would probably turn the team bath into a jacuzzi filled with bubbles and ho's!"

or just hire Madadona and he'll do the same.

Well I got to number 4 and number 5 in the charts this year with 2 albums And I support the Rovers. Will i do ?

I doubt they're allowed to report anything. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I doubt they're allowed to report anything. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

True, hardly been a wave of positivity from the club since Monday - every national/local paper, plus the majority of media mediums have ridicluled Venky's decision (plus their comments providing the reasoning behind it).

It doesn't have to be negative. A piece on Steve Kean (he reads well on paper), the news of John Williams staying, a message from the owners about wanting top five finishes in the future...

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty of things can be done. The 'business as normal' approach makes the website seem alienated from the club.

It doesn't have to be negative. A piece on Steve Kean (he reads well on paper), the news of John Williams staying, a message from the owners about wanting top five finishes in the future...

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty of things can be done. The 'business as normal' approach makes the website seem alienated from the club.

John Williams I presume is not too happy so not much point making much of a story out of that!

Message from the owners wanting a top 4/5 finish or even higher - we are now a full time comedy store, yet...

Strange that you are going with what you want to believe den.

Fancy that.

I don't know one way or the other. I only know that you don't know either.

This kind of posting and all the other similar nonsense posted about who said what, who believes what, who should have done what, who's reversing at a rate of knots, is beyond belief.

If you want fact then don't discuss anything until after it's happened. If it had escaped your notice this is a messageboard frequented by people who are keen to understand all they can about everything concerning the club and that includes 'rumour'.

It is ridiculous for you to assert that some people on here don't have contacts within the club. I can assure you - unfortunately with naming names (que howls of derision) - that some on here have regular contacts with the clubs board members, players, members of the Trust, some were actually involved in introducing prospective buyers to club, some live as neighbours with players and managers, some have contacts going back with the club for over 40 years, some belong to the same clubs and go to the same parties etc., etc.. I know all this to be fact, take it or leave it.

People want to share information and some people (usually on boards of common interest like this one) like to listen. Clearly you don't like to listen to anything other than historical fact.

Realise that information given in confidence is often posted on here but the poster cannot defend themselves against your constant bitching and demands of proof without compromising their sources. So enjoy all the free pops that you get to take knowing that the poster cannot respond.

On this topic it is well 'understood' that JW was an angry man following the events of recent days. He was clearly minded to walk. People posted on here what was in the public domain already (SSN etc) plus they added what they new privately. Whether JW/TF were meeting marketing guys or talking the hard talk via conference calls is immaterial. They have decided to stay and this can be nothing other than the best possible news for us. They probably did this for us and to steady the ship. The club is very important to them and if this continuation is a sacrifice on their part they should be applauded for not walking when that would have been the easy option.

You'll no doubt be bored to learn about the unease within the club and football in general about the involvement of agents in the running of our club, maybe you disapprove of anyone sticking their head above the parapet and flag up what's going on in private. The jounos are all wrong, SSN is wrong, Ferguson is wrong, the PL watching developments is all wrong and no one withing the club is talking about any of this either. It's all made up to ruin your day.

Why not drop the cocky attitude and give a fair hearing to well intentioned (and well informed) people. A short course on reading between the lines wouldn't go amiss either.

This kind of posting and all the other similar nonsense posted about who said what, who believes what, who should have done what, who's reversing at a rate of knots, is beyond belief.

If you want fact then don't discuss anything until after it's happened. If it had escaped your notice this is a messageboard frequented by people who are keen to understand all they can about everything concerning the club and that includes 'rumour'.

It is ridiculous for you to assert that some people on here don't have contacts within the club. I can assure you - unfortunately with naming names (que howls of derision) - that some on here have regular contacts with the clubs board members, players, members of the Trust, some were actually involved in introducing prospective buyers to club, some live as neighbours with players and managers, some have contacts going back with the club for over 40 years, some belong to the same clubs and go to the same parties etc., etc.. I know all this to be fact, take it or leave it.

People want to share information and some people (usually on boards of common interest like this one) like to listen. Clearly you don't like to listen to anything other than historical fact.

Realise that information given in confidence is often posted on here but the poster cannot defend themselves against your constant bitching and demands of proof without compromising their sources. So enjoy all the free pops that you get to take knowing that the poster cannot respond.

On this topic it is well 'understood' that JW was an angry man following the events of recent days. He was clearly minded to walk. People posted on here what was in the public domain already (SSN etc) plus they added what they new privately. Whether JW/TF were meeting marketing guys or talking the hard talk via conference calls is immaterial. They have decided to stay and this can be nothing other than the best possible news for us. They probably did this for us and to steady the ship. The club is very important to them and if this continuation is a sacrifice on their part they should be applauded for not walking when that would have been the easy option.

You'll no doubt be bored to learn about the unease within the club and football in general about the involvement of agents in the running of our club, maybe you disapprove of anyone sticking their head above the parapet and flag up what's going on in private. The jounos are all wrong, SSN is wrong, Ferguson is wrong, the PL watching developments is all wrong and no one withing the club is talking about any of this either. It's all made up to ruin your day.

Why not drop the cocky attitude and give a fair hearing to well intentioned (and well informed) people. A short course on reading between the lines wouldn't go amiss either.

Very well put.

Is the Williams news confirmed yet? If it is it's a very recent thing - certainly not something the team's website can speculate on beforehand. Kean is probably very busy with first team duties and I doubt the owners are free to be interviewed either.

I'm sure they'll release something when everything settles down.

I can;t stand rappers they all have stupid names and look stupid, when we going to get some decent "real" musicians supporting Blackburn."They would probably turn the team bath into a jacuzzi filled with bubbles and ho's!"

or just hire Madadona and he'll do the same.

Diana Vickers it is then :D

Sadly this topic is not dead.

In her interview, Mrs Desai did not mention the role John Williams has been playing at Rovers once- that is probably a measure of how isolated he is.

Early in the interview in response to a question about Sam's sacking, she said that it was just the beginning.

Sadly this topic is not dead.

In her interview, Mrs Desai did not mention the role John Williams has been playing at Rovers once- that is probably a measure of how isolated he is.

Early in the interview in response to a question about Sam's sacking, she said that it was just the beginning.

Not to worry philipl, didn't Mrs. Desai say that they had a football expert in the family to advise them - her brother :(

Archived