BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

Just taken an 80th birthday present to a lovely old lady who lives on her own and has leukemia if you must know.

Anyway I am absolutely delighted that John and Tom are staying with Rovers and am elated that all this morning's concerns have dissipated for the time being. Hopefully, there is now a clear road map which unambiguously respects the way things should be done properly now.

One observation worth making. As far as I can tell, this is the first Venky's acquisition of an existing business outside India. As such, they are clearly groping their way forwards in terms of learning how to manage foreign acquisitions quite apart from the time difference and the leap from eggs to football, domestic foodstuffs to global entertainment and roosters to El Hadji Diouf.

Lets see what the next crisis Jerome Anderson can conjure up is shall we?

A simple "I've been out" would have sufficed. :rolleyes:

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see what the next crisis Jerome Anderson can conjure up is shall we?

Good grief what is it with you and Jerome Anderson? Did he run over your cat or something?

Regardless of his merits or abilities, is there any evidence he has had ANY input into anything that has happened at Rovers?

And why is it Jerome Anderson's fault that SSN put out a false story saying JW and TF were leaving??

Good grief what is it with you and Jerome Anderson? Did he run over your cat or something?

Regardless of his merits or abilities, is there any evidence he has had ANY input into anything that has happened at Rovers?

And why is it Jerome Anderson's fault that SSN put out a false story saying JW and TF were leaving??

SSN were saying that meetings were taking place between JW/TF and representatives of Venky's, and it could be that the club would be without both of them before the end of today.

What's false about that?

A simple "I've been out" would have sufficed. :rolleyes:

There was no need for you to refer imagining him going to bed in a sulk, but you did. Phil was perfectly within his rights to say what he was actually doing rather than leave it to your imagination, in my opinion.

On a side note, I suspect that I might have got carried away this morning when it appeared that JW and TF had gone. Whether it was never going to happen or it's disaster averted I'm pleased that they are still around!

SSN were saying that meetings were taking place between JW/TF and representatives of Venky's, and it could be that the club would be without both of them before the end of today.

What's false about that?

They were a quite a bit stronger than that early doors in predicting both would be leaving today.

Are they both still here or not? What's not false about that?

We don't even know for certain whether their departures were even under discussion at all although I don't doubt JW and TF would prefer to have kept Sam for now.

They were a quite a bit stronger than that early doors in predicting both would be leaving today.

Are they both still here or not? What's not false about that?

"predicting". Exactly Simon. That meant that Sky didn't "know" they were leaving. That's not the same as sky saying they were leaving.

Anyway, bed time.

I haven't read through all of this thread. Can anyone quickly bring me upto speed with what's happening with JW and TF? I know they were in meetings today with VH reps...

The Blues bar hasn’t blown up and the No 69 bus hasn’t crashed through the Aqueduct.

So I’m off to consol Sally :closedeyes:

If he is staying, that's good...but what power exactly does he have left? Venkys obviously don't care about his opinions, otherwise there is no way Allardyce would have been sacked.

Maybe he was listened too yesterday, hence why he is staying.

Which papers?

Daily Telegraph and Mail saying they decided to stay on to try and help with short term stablity - they clearly won't be happy with the way Venky's have been acting, it's simply not in their style or way of doing things.

ok, I'm offically very worried:

Sir Alex Ferguson.......The Manchester United manager said: 'The game has gone mad.

'Apparently they have taken on an agent to advise them on how to run the club, which players to use and pick. I don't know how they will possibly replace Sam.

'I think there are troubled times ahead at Blackburn.

Sir Alex Ferguson.......The Manchester United manager said: 'The game has gone mad.

'Apparently they have taken on an agent to advise them on how to run the club, which players to use and pick. I don't know how they will possibly replace Sam.

Old red nose is right.

Every club needs a bully.

This is the same man who lambasted us for sacking Ince. His word is hardly Gospel.

yeah good point, he's letting his love for Sam rule his head.

....or does he aknowledge & respect what a good job Sam was doing on a near zero budget? :huh:

I`m sure i heard somewhere old whiskey-nose was a spokesman or something for the LMA? Did i hear wrong?

Daily Telegraph and Mail saying they decided to stay on to try and help with short term stablity - they clearly won't be happy with the way Venky's have been acting, it's simply not in their style or way of doing things.

The LT says today their departures were never even on the agenda, discussions centred around replacing Sam.

Archived