BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

How so?

Because SSN ran a potentially false story about JW and TF leaving and nicko ran a spurious story about Maradona becoming manager?

Bloody hell Revidge!------how about because they've sacked our manager with the defining month of the season coming up, apparently because he didn't want Geovanni (crock) and Boyd (useless in Championship), don't plan to fill the vacancy for 2 months leaving it in the hands of someone completely

untried at this level and that covers the transfer window so any new manager will have no role in who comes whereas Kentaro will..................? Will that do?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How so?

Because SSN ran a potentially false story about JW and TF leaving and nicko ran a spurious story about Maradona becoming manager?

By sacking a battle hardened, experienced, very effective manager and repacing him with.....................well, they dont know do they? Somebody who will set pulses racing in the Punjab. Beckham? Amitabh Bachchan?

Desai - trust us.

Trust us? When you voluntarily leave us with no manager for maybe two months? I wouldn't trust you with looking after my dog.

Very unfair that den, when you read the article in detail there is very little wrong with it - all Mrs. Desai says is they will not rush a new replacement and Keane "could" be in charge for a couple of months as a result.

If they rushed an appointment they'sd be accused of making a knee jerk reaction.

Very unfair that den, when you read the article in detail there is very little wrong with it - all Mrs. Desai says is they will not rush a new replacement and Keane "could" be in charge for a couple of months as a result.

If they rushed an appointment they'sd be accused of making a knee jerk reaction.

Yeah, it's a doddle this managing a Premier Leagie team lark. They can afford to leave it a good few months. It's not like inactivity is likely to leave us in a worse position or owt?

It's my understanding that rumours of John and Tom departing are not true. I can definitely confirm that as of five minutes ago there was nobody at Ewood discussing compensation packages with them.

I would imagine that JW would be happy to leave without compensation. He is not one to try and take resources from the club.

I honestly can't see how JW can stay. I hope to god he does but they have put him in a position that is impossible. JW didn't look very happy on his way into Ewood, not that it means anything.

I think the train for knee-jerk reactions passed yesterday.

Bloody hell Revidge!------how about because they've sacked our manager with the defining month of the season coming up, apparently because he didn't want Geovanni (crock) and Boyd (useless in Championship), don't plan to fill the vacancy for 2 months leaving it in the hands of someone completely

untried at this level and that covers the transfer window so any new manager will have no role in who comes whereas Kentaro will..................? Will that do?

The bit about Geovanni and Boyd could easily be complete bollux from the LT. It only says they are "understood" to be on Kentaro's list whereas Mrs. Desai's direct quotes make no reference whatsoever to player recruitment.

You too are consistent-----consistently wrong.

The only part of my post that could be wrong is what I heard Sky Sports News say when I posted - in which case they are wrong, not me.

And if I'm so consistently wrong, perhaps you'd like to enlighten me with some examples?

One thing I was quite correct on was reading between the lines of Venky's interviews - they couldn't have been clearer about Sam's future (or lack of) IMO.

There's very little right in the article, Revidge...

Shame we dont have any independant supporters association to make a few comments / arrange protests

Bet Vinjays over the moon now.

No need for that. Just don't go to. It is the only effective way to protest. Nothing else will have any effect of the Slumdog Millionaires. An empty Ewood not just for one match but forever would surely serve as a statement of intent to every tinpot foreign.... wait for it.... 'investor'.

I can't see it happening of course. Football fans are famous for switching allegiance at the drop of a hat.

By sacking a battle hardened, experienced, very effective manager and repacing him with.....................well, they dont know do they? Somebody who will set pulses racing in the Punjab. Beckham? Amitabh Bachchan?

I'm not exactedly gutted by Sam's departure but then I'm expecting a top notch replacement.

If there isn't one I will agree with you at that point.

All is forgiven Syed!!!

Just another dodgepot imo. Think of all these Indian wannabee investors as shysters and you'll be right more than you are wrong. How many times have the 'ancient ones' on here warned about these types. Maybe more will listen to wisdom instead of joining forces to shout down anybody expressing reservations and advising caution.

No need for that. Just don't go to. It is the only effective way to protest. Nothing else will have any effect of the Slumdog Millionaires. An empty Ewood not just for one match but forever would surely serve as a statement of intent to every tinpot foreign.... wait for it.... 'investor'.

I can't see it happening of course. Football fans are famous for switching allegiance at the drop of a hat.

Most people will go because they are not bigoted idiots.

They have sacked a man that they didn't think could finish in the top four or five. Do I think he could have finished so high? Definitely not.

JW/TF have not resigned.

The Boyd / Geovanni rumour appears to be a lie.

But hey, this is a great excuse for everyone to go crazy. (myself included).

There is no crime in sacking Sam allardyce. I probably would have done the same if he had demanded I sign Robbie Keane on 80k pw.

Well. Things are getting interesting.

If JW has gone I will be very disappointed and will lose a lot of the enthusiasm I have tried to retain. However, as Revidge has said, I will also be disappointed in Williams himself. We need him right now. If Venkys want him to stay, I hope he will. Obviously it means they value his input. I would hope he would stay for the time being atleast. If they keep going over his head then fine, his position probably becomes untenable. But it's still early days yet.

The Boyd/Geovanni news is worrying. However, it may not be true. Sam has friends in the media. The way the story has been written paints him in a very positive light. Those names may have been mentioned, but then so have many others. Nicko has apparently heard impressive sounding names from outside sources. Fact is, we don't know. There's so much we don't know right now. We can either look at it with excitement or trepidation. I prefer to look forward rather than live in fear, but it's not for everyone. Hysteria, on the other hand, helps no one.

Btw, Philip, are you actually for real? You are the one that told us two years ago that you were "as certain as you could be" that we wouldn't appoint Allardyce. A couple of days later he was in. You made up nonsense about JW and Venkys sitting far apart at a game, which was proven to be wrong. Even yesterday you were posting on this messageboard stating as fact that we were going to appoint Martin Jol. Do you stand by that? The reason your posts get so much grief is because of the pompous, full of yourself way they are written. You constantly state opinion as fact, are constantly proved wrong, yet feel aggrieved when people don't listen to you. You've been told this a million times before, yet you still don't listen. As a result, you deserve all the aggro you get.

T4E...I couldn't agree more..Philip takes pomposity to all new levels. His observations are often

presented as fact until proved bogus.He then simply moves on to his next topic.I think

you're right-fully deserving of all the aggro he receives.

All the more eason for rallying round the Club now Gordon.

Surely not going is deserting the Club in their hour of greatest need.

The only part of my post that could be wrong is what I heard Sky Sports News say when I posted - in which case they are wrong, not me.

And if I'm so consistently wrong, perhaps you'd like to enlighten me with some examples?

One thing I was quite correct on was reading between the lines of Venky's interviews - they couldn't have been clearer about Sam's future (or lack of) IMO.

You moaned and moaned about Allardyce even when we won 3-0, you didn't recognise a good manager when you saw one.

Just another dodgepot imo. Think of all these Indian wannabee investors as shysters and you'll be right more than you are wrong. How many times have the 'ancient ones' on here warned about these types. Maybe more will listen to wisdom instead of joining forces to shout down anybody expressing reservations and advising caution.

In the same way that Ginger bigots are unattractive to the opposite sex. Not always correct but you won't go far wrong.

T4E...I couldn't agree more..Philip takes pomposity to all new levels. His observations are often

presented as fact until proved bogus.He then simply moves on to his next topic.I think

you're right-fully deserving of all the aggro he receives.

Definitely.

I was wondering what Vinjay would be thinking. He wanted the Trust out and look what we have got? I suspect that he'd blame the Trust for selling to the wrong people. Everything is the Trust's fault as far as Vinjay is concerned.

When men of honour and integrity are leaving the club I think it speaks volumes.

We're stuffed.

BRFC supporters Christmas party town centre pubs all along the Barbary coast / Northgate begin at 3.00pm finish after 5.00pm.

Vinjay to be guest speaker and give a vote of thanks to attending supporters on the Town Hall steps at 5.30pm.

If the club don't have a manager lined up, then Sam's out of the blue sacking takes on extra significance for me. They want to take their time, if that's the case why not leave Sam there? Doing this without having a plan in place suggests that our owners are prone to fits of piqué and rash actions. That is something worth worrying about, if true.

There's too many mixed signals at the moment to make me panic too much. Having said that, there's also too many for me to feel totally positive. I hope the dust settles soon.

You my friend are sailing close to the wind with that statement,although I'm not surprised you

couldn't resist going there.

Well done the Walker Trust in passing us into safe hands.

God forbid we end up as some rich man's plaything, sent on the road to ruin by people who know nothing about football.

So I'm just grateful you flogged us to Venky's instead because you were fed up with putting money in.

Thanks again.

Easy Bryan. We've had 20 great years with nothing asked in return. Anyway the task was Rothschilds responsibility.

Archived