BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ 11.15pm last night this was NOT TRUE....so not sure if anything has changed

I would feel 100% better if this particular rumour was proven incorrect. I said yesterday I wouldn't be too concerned if he left in the near future, (in the coming months) but not resigning today. That would be terrible.

I feel angry and sick at the news that John and Tom are leaving. They are 2 of the most decent and approachable people in football.

My confidence in the Chickens is nil. What is happening to my/our Club?

Nothing official from the club and am suprised the website are running this 'story' when nothing is official. Hope to god it proves NOT to be true!!!!!

Disgusted - why are our OWN Blackburn Rovers supporters wanting us to fail so so badly just because we have inexperienced owners at the helm? is being the whipping boy of the media not enough? Some of our fans want their intuitions to be proven right rather than to see OUR club succeed. Tell me frankly, everyone saw the sackings coming anyway, its just a matter of time (although this occured quite untimely) - its inevitable new owners want their own people in charge.

If you look on Venkys perspective, this would probably be a well-intentioned move designed to please our very own Blackburn fans. Better football and more ambition. Didn't they promise that when they took over? Its just unfortunate that the sacking was ill-timed.

To people talking about tradition and continuity - remember how Jack dumped Mackay for our revolution, remember how picking 'up and coming British managers' didn't work out, remember how the Trust flogged us for years, remember how tranfer funds go 'missing'. Tradition does not preclude ambition to bring the Rovers Arte et Labore ethic to worldwide audiences. The continuity we have is this, our ethic - Arte et Labore - and long may it continue. Managerial changes OR regime changes will not define the proud history of our club. When was the last time you saw arte et labore from our own players? Hardly during Big Sam's era.

See how it unravels before making ridiculous statements eg "Worst day in the club's history other than Jack Walker's death". The club will always be bigger than its managers, players and owners. Granted, JW and Finn are the fulcrum of Rovers recent success and there are good reasons to feel aggrieved by their departure - but it doesnt mean Blackburn as a club cannot progess.

Reflect on your own sentiments, obviously its anti-Venkys but I suspect some appeals to 'tradition' reveals a pathology that runs deeper than these. A pathology of something that starts with 'X'.

Arte et Labore - Rally behind our club!

Apologize, might be a little too harsh earlier but I hope comments would be directed to the content of my post, instead of accusing me of 'playing' the race card (sorry if this is being interpretated that way) - will not discuss this part of my response further.

Not involving myself with race issues, as I do not think that was your motive in writing the post.

But as sad as the situation is, Sam, JW, TF, the reality is it is not going to change. Be embarrassed etc that this is happening to our club.

But the club is bigger and has to be bigger than any individual. No matter who is the manager, owners, players, chairman I am a supporter of Blackburn Rovers football club. Rovers till I die.

No plans for a protest at the West Ham game? We need to let these amateurs know how we feel !

Stay away from the stands in the first 2 minutes of the match to show our feelings, make a statement (will be definitely broadcasted around the world as there will be a lot of media at Ewood this Sat.): show BRFC is nothing without fans. And then make a hell lot of noise for the other 88.

Disgusted - why are our OWN Blackburn Rovers supporters wanting us to fail so so badly just because we have inexperienced owners at the helm.

Better football and more ambition. Didn't they promise that when they took over? Its just unfortunate that the sacking was ill-timed.

Granted, JW and Finn are the fulcrum of Rovers recent success and there are good reasons to feel aggrieved by their departure - but it doesnt mean Blackburn as a club cannot progess.

Reflect on your own sentiments, obviously its anti-Venkys but I suspect some appeals to 'tradition' reveals a pathology that runs deeper than these. A pathology of something that starts with 'X'.

What a load of rubbish. People are upset because the Venky's are doing exactly what they said they wouldn't do. Everyone wants them to suceed but they aren't going the right way about it.

Better football? The owners have been over and watched 1 game since they took over and know sweet fa about football.

Ambition? Our ambition is to stay in the PL this season, something that is now may not happen.

Promises? They promised to keep Sam on! Liars!

JW and Finn have been in charge of this club and run it as a profit making entity, something few else have managed. However Venky's have ignored their advice and gone behind their back to sack Sam and made their position's untennable. I was saying yesterday that he would go, as a highly principled man he had no choice.

There is nothing racist in the criticism of the new owners. History dictates that new owners coming in and meddling does not bode well for success.

RIP BRFC

scary, if this is true williams must know something we don't e.g.g they at going to invest little and expect the world.

surely if they were going to pump in loads of money williams would have stayed, he seen many a manager go.

Stay away from the stands in the first 2 minutes of the match to show our feelings, make a statement (will be definitely broadcasted around the world as there will be a lot of media at Ewood this Sat.): show BRFC is nothing without fans. And then make a hell lot of noise for the other 88.

me too!! get it plastered all over facebook, twitter etc etc to spread the word

Not involving myself with race issues, as I do not think that was your motive in writing the post.

But as sad as the situation is, Sam, JW, TF, the reality is it is not going to change. Be embarrassed etc that this is happening to our club.

But the club is bigger and has to be bigger than any individual. No matter who is the manager, owners, players, chairman I am a supporter of Blackburn Rovers football club. Rovers till I die.

Thanks. The uncertainty is anxiety-inducing but I don't see how the admittedly sudden Venky PR mess translates to the destruction of our club , or justifies in any way the presumptuous hate of the Venkys.

I am saddened and concerned by the departure of JW but as I said, it is a matter of time before this happens - its also unfortunate that the media treats this series of events as a circus-eque spectacle, and some of our fans uncritically take this Newcastle-esque perspective as definitive of what is going on. Blackburn Rovers, us as a club are not beholden to the media anyway. We have never cared about what the media presents us as as long as we stick to our principles - what does the media know anyway?

All we're running is that other places are reporting it. It does however look pretty solid info however

Glenn, I've been listening to Sky Sports Radio since this rumour started and they are running nothing. If the site has "pretty solid info" it should be posted on here. There is nothing on the web.

At present this is just devastating rumour. If you have something put it up here. Please.

In fact they've just done the Rovers / Allardyce story again and no mention of JW / TF

Archived