BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Reinstated as Captain

Valois

If Samba does remain here next season then I would strip him of the captaincy, he should never have been given it back when he kicked up a fuss last time.

Talk about kicking him in the balls twice.

I agree he should not have had it given back but to strip him now, plus the fact that would reduce his pay packet, is a certain recipe for a tantrum and a departure on his terms.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that strikes me about this is the "everyone knows I'm ambitious" line.

I thought the players were all excited about the future under the new owners? Plus we hear from various sources on here that teh future is looking good (providing we stay up).

Next news, Samba and Jones are both linked with moves - with Samba, seemingly, welcoming of such links?

You have to question what ambition there is under Venkys and if we are ANY better off than we were under the last couple of years of the Trust? (Even as wantaway owners).

We'll have to see in the summer, but all this palava for a £5 milion kitty, it's up to each fan to decide if it's all been worth it..

More rubbish.

The one thing we have on the playing side is togetherness and spirit, that’s been clear for everyone to see, and is the only reason we have a chance of staying up, you do talk rubbish.

Do you really think that the other players will read these articles and think that everything in the garden is rosy ?

This is their captain who is giving the strongest hints that he wants out.

It certainly wont help morale for our gigantic two games to come.

Samba might need to rethink if United are seen to take us to the cleaners.

We'll have to see in the summer, but all this palava for a £5 milion kitty, it's up to each fan to decide if it's all been worth it..

Who said our kitty was £5m??

Love how some blame Venkys or Kean because of Samba....he's been like this for 18-24 months now!! Who was to blame back then?!

He goes he will be hit by 'the blackburn curse' anyway! :lol:

Do you really think that the other players will read these articles and think that everything in the garden is rosy ?

So Fred Pickering, John Byrom, Tony Field, John Bailey, Kevin Hird, Paul Bradshaw, Simon Barker, Alan Shearer, Tim Sherwood, Greame Le Saux, David Bentley and Rocque Santa Cruz were all down to Steve Kean were they?

If brains were chocolate you wouldn't fill a smartie.

You do your best to keep him happy Gav. People on here are selling him off the back of newspaper articles.

Would you have sold Simon Garner Gav?

We HAVE done our best to keep him happy, e.g. boosting his bank-balance twice in two years.

And you're seriously comparing Garner to Samba?

The criticism of Samba is completely unjustified imo. He's given us (6?) years and is now what (28?) at his physical peak. If any of our players were good enough and had the chance to move to the likes of Arsenal or Man Ure they'd be off like a shot. Samba is good enough imo, if Wenger wasn't so stubborn and pigheaded and had bought Samba and Robinson last summer he'd probably be parading the Premiership trophy round about now.

That said I'd be the first to criticise Samba if he took a sideways move to another Club for a bit more money - like the ridiculous swap deal for James Collins Nicko was trying to plug last summer.

If he was ever to go though, he's worth at least 20m as things stand. Obviously in another year or two his value will start to decline.

You do your best to keep him happy Gav. People on here are selling him off the back of newspaper articles.

Would you have sold Simon Garner Gav?

He only signed a new contract in January if memory serves me correctly Den, how happy can we keep him! But I agree you need to try and keep him at all costs, but if he is to go then 10m at least and a repalcement before he's allowed to leave.

Simon Garner? Who’s he?

The criticism of the timing of Samba's statement is completely justified.

And anyone who thinks Samba and Robinson are the difference between Arsenal and winning the title is from another planet.

The criticism of Samba is completely unjustified imo. He's given us (6?) years and is now what (28?) at his physical peak. If any of our players were good enough and had the chance to move to the likes of Arsenal or Man Ure they'd be off like a shot. Samba is good enough imo, if Wenger wasn't so stubborn and pigheaded and had bought Samba and Robinson last summer he'd probably be parading the Premiership trophy round about now.

That said I'd be the first to criticise Samba if he took a sideways move to another Club for a bit more money - like the ridiculous swap deal for James Collins Nicko was trying to plug last summer.

If he was ever to go though, he's worth at least 20m as things stand. Obviously in another year or two his value will start to decline.

Rovers are in the ###### and he goes on about wanting to leave which is completely unacceptable, he's the captain he should be trying to get the players fired up not talking about his own future. If he wants to discuss his future then it should be when the season is finished, not with two important games coming up.

The criticism of the timing of Samba's statement is completely justified.

With this can we take it that the players are NOT fully behind Stephen Kean, or is that Venky's ambitions for the club are merely loaded lies aimed at deceiving the fans.

Rovers are in the ###### and he goes on about wanting to leave which is completely unacceptable, he's the captain he should be trying to get the players fired up not talking about his own future. If he wants to discuss his future then it should be when the season is finished, not with two important games coming up.

He's just put in a match saving performance though, I'll settle for that if he performs the same in the final two games. And to be fair he's also been superb in recent weeks.

He hasn't really said too much wrong either - just said what we all know to be the truth in reality but at the same time he's also said he's happy to stay and try his best if nothing comes off. I see no-one's commented on that side of it.

With this can we take it that the players are NOT fully behind Stephen Kean, or is that Venky's ambitions for the club are merely loaded lies aimed at deceiving the fans.

You can't read anything of the sort into the fact that one individual player has stated he might fancy a move if the likes of Arsenal/ManUre came in.

He's just put in a match saving performance though, I'll settle for that if he performs the same in the final two games. And to be fair he's also been superb in recent weeks.

He hasn't really said too much wrong either - just said what we all know to be the truth in reality but at the same time he's also said he's happy to stay and try his best if nothing comes off. I see no-one's commented on that side of it.

You can't read anything of the sort into the fact that one individual player has stated he might fancy a move if the likes of Arsenal/ManUre came in.

I have,look at my kentucky fried chicken comparison.

I have,look at my kentucky fried chicken comparison.

EH? Wtf are you on about?

Edit: sorry I've just spotted the post you're referring to.

I don't think the differential between being on 40k or more p.w. at Blackburn Rovers and going to Arsenal is quite as severe as working at Blackburn KFC and a swanky London restaurant but nevertheless, any player who is good enough to get in the Man Ure /Arsenal /Chelsea starting line ups is not going to want to pass up the chance to win trophies on a regular basis.

Guest roverite1991

Samba has been here for 5yrs now and owes us NOTHING. I wouldn't want him to leave, but if an offer of over 12million comes in, it must be considered. Below that, I hope we'd keep him (he's on a long contract after all!)

I see it as win-win. We keep a very good player or get more money than he's worth to find a replacement. In 2yrs time, his game will decline. Give the captaincy to P.Jones and bring in a capable (younger) CB as Samba's replacement. I really don't understand what so many had against James Collins in the last window.

Is 'Nicko' a guy in the know? Looking at the transfer threads you guys seemed to depend on him somewhat......

Samba would get found out at Champions League level, he's probably Messi's wet dream.

Stopping a bombardment of crosses again West Ham is one thing, against high class teams, Samba is not a scary name on the team sheet.

But if he does leave good luck to him, I think he has served his time.

So Fred Pickering, John Byrom, Tony Field, John Bailey, Kevin Hird, Paul Bradshaw, Simon Barker, Alan Shearer, Tim Sherwood, Greame Le Saux, David Bentley and Rocque Santa Cruz were all down to Steve Kean were they?

If brains were chocolate you wouldn't fill a smartie.

Grasp your ears firmly and remove your head from your arse.

Don't you think that the other players already know what Sambas ambitions are. I presume they must talk amongst themselves. Agents / players may talk to the media - but other players probable know about the situation before the media share it.

Archived