BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Reinstated as Captain

Valois

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has to be the biggest liability in the league right now, I'd give the likes of Hanley a go from here on in he can't be any worse.

Samba switches off constantly and tries to play football in his own box instead of just booting the bloody thing away to safety. He ends up putting so much pressure on our midfield and the likes of Salgado at RB when he does this.

I said that earlier too and got a right earful :rolleyes:

Both of them seem to be on completely different wavelengths all season.

If I was Kean right now I'd drop Samba and give Robbo the armband for a while, make them both think.

And play who in his place? Hanley is no where near ready yet, Givet is needed at left back and Jones is injured.

Hanley can't play as bad as Samba has of late. He was at fault on Wednesday night and again today for the goal that was the turning point in the game.

His head is elsewhere right now and I really don't the way he is seemingly becoming untouchable of late.

Completely agree with this, Samba needs to get his head into gear and quick. So many stupid mistakes recently.

When I said I completely agree with Brian I meant the part about his head being elsewhere.

I don't think he should be replaced by Hanley but he really needs to concentrate on his basic defending because he is costing us points.

He has all the attributes to be a top class defender but he isn't showing it at the moment.

He needs to up his game ASAP.

Hanley over Samba??? WTF!!! :blink:

Suppose Hanley would have got his head on that goal too?!

OK, I'll put it this way.

One is an almost 27 year old defender who appears to be getting poorer with every passing game

The other is a young British defender who has had very good reviews in the reserve team that has produced the £20 million rated Phil Jones.

It works in your case against Andrews so perhaps it might work here :blush:

Sambas a defender, his main job is to defend! I don't give a crap if he scored, he has been at fault for two goals in the last two games that have cost us points. All this in the same week that he signed a new, improved contract with the club.

He needs to pull his finger out of his arse and fast!

Samba has been poor for a few weeks now. Clearly, as he admits, the sacking of Sam unsettled him and, sadly, he still hasn't regained his form. He is making too many errors that are resulting in goals. However, the way the midfield is set up is not really helping any of the back four. The full-backs seem more exposed with little cover in front of them and both Samba and Nelsen are finding themselves isolated in one on one situations.

Samba has been poor for a few weeks now. Clearly, as he admits, the sacking of Sam unsettled him and, sadly, he still hasn't regained his form. He is making too many errors that are resulting in goals. However, the way the midfield is set up is not really helping any of the back four. The full-backs seem more exposed with little cover in front of them and both Samba and Nelsen are finding themselves isolated in one on one situations.

Maybe, but that was nothing to do with his howler yesterday - dozed off and had no idea where his man was

I'm pretty sure he nudged Diouf towards the exit and didn't offer Chimbonda the carrot

Sam put Chimbonda on the block. Kean didn't reverse the decision.

Was EHD pushed or did he leave? The theory that he was pushed was undermined when Kean announed that EHD still has a future with the Rovers. And what had EHD done to justify being pushed, unlike Chimbonda who deserved a good [metaphorical] kicking. Upset QPR?

As I have said earlier on this thread, now that Samba has got his undeserved pay rise he needs to play better to get that 9million fee this summer. We need to do a quick turn round on him once we know how Phil Jones is doing and given Grant Hanley more experience(that is another bad side-effect of the Wigan debacle)

Archived