BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Reinstated as Captain

Valois

Hasn't had a decent game since, was at fault for at least one of the goals we conceded against Wigan and for the goal we conceded against spurs and has barely looked like he gives a toss in any of the games this year.

He was the only reason we got a point at WHU!

Samba is a top quality centre half. I get the impression that he isn't a top quality person. Plus he has a "busy" agent. There have been rumblings like this for a while now but come out with this at a time like this is appalling.

Top player or not, Premier League status or not, this backstabber should be shown the door in the summer(at the right price of course).

If he wants to leave fine get a fair price and he can go.

Till we get in to Europe its always going to be very difficult to keep the best we have.

Players will come and go.

Managers and pretend managers will come and go

But Rovers will still be alive.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samba is a top quality centre half. I get the impression that he isn't a top quality person. Plus he has a "busy" agent. There have been rumblings like this for a while now but come out with this at a time like this is appalling.

Top player or not, Premier League status or not, this backstabber should be shown the door in the summer(at the right price of course).

Considering he is ambitious he did fantastic v whu. To call him a backstabber is wrong. read the article properly. He is quoted as saying he likes it at Rovers, will always do his best. BUT if an option arises then he would consider it. He knows he nearly joined arsenal in january - but not bitter because it didn't happen.

Considering the turmoil at the club, with new owners, manager - who is a coach and not a manager etc etc. I am surprised we have not heard more rumblings of players wanting to leave. When you see Samba defending like he did on saturday and then see RSC having a stroll around the park - he must say to himself, "is it really worth it, is RSC the ambition of this club".

"Everybody knows that I am an ambitious player," he said. "I am at an age now where I want to try to do something. You only have one career and it would be a shame to not make the best of it.

"I am happy at Blackburn but I will study any opportunities that come my way this year. I'm not trying to move away but of course I would look if it is the right thing for me.

"I think a move to Arsenal was very close in January but that is life. You have to continue. If it happens, it happens, but it wasn't meant to be and football is like that. I committed myself to Blackburn and will always do my best."

He's a goner, for sure. Maybe he'll help Jones settle in at Arsenal.

So much for the togetherness supposedly instigated by Kean. Let's hope our players keep puttin in "shop window performances" just long enough to keep us up. We can then worry about next season when it happens.

I am worried though.

He was the only reason we got a point at WHU!

What on earth are you babbling on about again?

That post was made months in advance of the WHAM game, if your going to use my posts to make an example then choose them with a little more care!

FYI I thought samba was immense on Saturday and for the last month has been back on top of his game.

He wont play for a top 4 team. He will end up at a mid-table side, pushing on for top half.

However, if it came down to Samba or Jones staying for a few more years, then Id choose Jones for certain. Problem is Samba is at an age where if he doesnt move now, then he could end up the rest of his career with us. But Jones will always have a cloud over his head until he does leave.

Either way, make Phil Jones captain this summer.

Captain making statements like this before we know where we will be next season is disgusting..yea let him go in close season why the (Please don't use that word again) can't they stay quiet til then..rip the band off him !

If you ask me, he loves the club and the shirt, but has little to no faith in the owners or manager. Similar boat to many of us. Of course we aren't going to leave, but he's a player, not a fan. Players move on. £10 million minimum.

Samba loves the club? He loves cash more like.

How come EVERYTHING is Keanes fault? If Samba thinks he has a chance to move up the ladder to bigger things (and get a big fat bundle of dosh in the process) he's ging to take it regardless of who our manager is. Did Santa Cruz knock back City just because Sam had took charge? No hw went because he thought he could advance his career just like Duff, Bentley, Shearer, Bellamy et al. However the grass isn't always greener

If I was a Blackburn player and good enough for the top 4 in my peak years. I would leave in a second, even as a Blackburn fan.

Only get one career.

I think he makes too many mistakes for the top four though

Matty I know players move doh! But he should stfu until after the wolves game..he supposed to be captain ffs

That performance was his shop window though

Would rather he shut up too

Chris Samba has been absolutely immense in the past few weeks and I’d go as far as saying almost kept us in the league on his own at times. This hasn’t always been the case, at the start of the season he looked like he’d never played centre back before and has been terribly inconsistent over the past couple of seasons.

That said the timing as some have mentioned is poor, maybe he thinks we’re safe, but it could have waited. I guess that’s modern day footballers for you, and I must admit I don’t begrudge him a move at all, as long as we get decent money for him.

Nothing less than 10m though.

Im not blaming him at all for wanting to move up to a top team. I certaintly think he is good enough for say Arsenal.

Hes been amazing for us and we got him for a ridiculously small amount of money. Maybe Sparkys best signing for sure!

I only wish this season would have been better, if we had managed to be inside the top 10, we could kick on from there and sign a few players in the summer, THEN we might had given him what he wanted, which is succsess, like qualifying for Europe (which is the best we can hope for, realisticly).

He is at the peak of his careeer, age-wise, and if he want to move to a big club he should do it now.

This is me trying to look at this with neutral eyes, obviously I will be devastated the day he leaves as he is our best player :(

Lets hope we do get a good amount of money for him, and can try to replace him with what would be a long term replacement for Nelsen. Jonesy will be massive for us next year and I dont think he will leave us just yet. NO WAY that we will sell two of our best players, never mind the two main defenders at once :glare:

I agree I can see Samba in an Arsenal shirt next season, expect a pathetic £5M bid from Wenger in the not so distant future.

If we lose Samba we CANNOT sell Phil Jones as well, selling both would be a disaster.

When our captain is blurting off in the media like this I think he should no longer be our captain, clearly has ambition which is fine but theres a time and place.

Yup, don't think Samba is captain-material. You need a certain leadership off the pitch, as well as on.

You sometimes wonder what is the point of it all?

We are a PL club, yet if a 'top 4' club come in for one of your players, that's it off they go, ensuring the cartel stays intact year in year out.

Never even an issue that we could actually compete for honours in the league we are a part of.

It's all a farce when you think about it.

• Backroom

If he can put in two more performances like that in the next 2 games to keep us up I be happy to let him go on to bigger things. Can't knock his commitment on the pitch but this timing is bad.

Matty I know players move doh! But he should stfu until after the wolves game..he supposed to be captain ffs

Totally agree Abbey.

Amazed the manager hasn't been 100 clear about the players doing media during the relegation run in. especially the captain.

It just smacks of desperation too. In this day and age, if an agent is half decent, he will already have spoken personally to the managers at the interested clubs. There is no need to conduct this stuff through the media.

Sounds like someone still needs to sort out the communications strategy at Ewood.

I'm going to spend the whole day telling my colleagues how I am ambitious and that I should be running Burton when it opens.

I don't know why but ever since an incident in a rovers match, where I thought at one time Samba was having a go at our own fans, I've wondered whether he actually has any love for us.

or say you happy in your current role as head chief of Blackburn "KFC" dunking chickens but if "Le Gavroche" offer you the head chief position in London, you'd consider it.

Timing is appalling.

So much for the " togetherness and spirit in the group".

FFS, this is our captain who should be leading the players and supporters by example and not pursuing what some would see as a selfish agenda. As I said in another thread yesterday, loyalty in football is very, very rare.

Confirms, IMO, that behind Kean's bullsh1te that there is little respect for him within "his group".

Archived