SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Reinstated as Captain

Valois

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Samba has clearly regressed badly under Kean, especially after that transfer window debacle. Unfortunate thing with Samba is he has excellent ability, but his head needs to be right to show it. At the moment, he's just not with it and it's a serious problem. We need our captain and who was, until recently, our key player to be performing at a much higher standard otherwise we're in trouble.

Our slip in form coincides with Samba's slip in form.

Our slip in form coincides with Samba's slip in form.

Rather more than a "slip in form" don't you think ? Slump or freefall might be better words to describe Rover's plight and I think you'll find it coincided with the change of manager a few months ago rather than the performances of one player.

exactlty Jim. wtf do people think has happened here~? then players suddenly gone native? or the players suddenly lost a manager and mentor that they respected to be replaced by a muppet ruled by the strings of a cockney barrow-boy. he's gone (apparantly) but his legacy will live for years.

When he signed last month, he talked about the ambition of the club and eyed a strong finish to the season.

""If good things happen with the club, fine, but I'm still young. I'm staying because I have ambition and the club showed me they have ambition too.

"But I don't want to have regrets and only time will tell me if I was right."

Now, that we've done so terrible, and gotten ourselves deep down in the relegation battle, that might be enough for him. I think he'll leave in the summer, and if he continues to play like he has done the last matches, lets just hope we get a decent fee :rolleyes:

""If good things happen with the club, fine, but I'm still young. I'm staying because I have ambition and the club showed me they have ambition too.

"But I don't want to have regrets and only time will tell me if I was right."

Samba's first instincts when Sam was sacked were to get out of the club as quickly as possible - and subsequent events have shown those instincts to be correct.

If / when we are relegated the big man will leave anyway but he must be regretting now wasting the rest of this season instead of finding a better club.

Samba's first instincts when Sam was sacked were to get out of the club as quickly as possible - and subsequent events have shown those instincts to be correct.

If / when we are relegated the big man will leave anyway but he must be regretting now wasting the rest of this season instead of finding a better club.

Jim he needs to realise who pays his wages, pull his finger out his arse, and actually put in a few decent performances between now and the end of the season. Oh and rallying the troops as Captain would be a good shout as well.

Furious with Samba this season.

Jim he needs to realise who pays his wages, pull his finger out his arse, and actually put in a few decent performances between now and the end of the season. Oh and rallying the troops as Captain would be a good shout as well.

Furious with Samba this season.

exactly somerset

he just knows he has that big money move whenever he wants but to be honest some off his performances this season should knock a few mill of his price tag.

sell him i say!

You cant really strip the guys armband away cause of bad performances. Once he took it away and gave it back, then its over.

He clearly is out of form big-time. I was shocked to see Hanley completely out perform him.

Surely you can if he cannot rev up the team to perform, and performs himself like he just cant be arsed.

One piece of his defending said it all for me on saturday - Duff feigned to cross the ball, and Samba just stuck a leg out - no real effort to close man or ball down.

Pathetic for Captain.

Archived