BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

Yes, an injury to a committed player in a position we are in desperate need to fill has been absolutely fantastic.

Andrews is a squad player and the last few months we have needed him given our lack of squad.

Your bias disgusts me.

Chreist, lighten up braddock!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still chuckle every time someone says samba is worth 15million.

I have the same problem when people remind me that Lescott went for £24m.

Perhaps we are undervaluing Samba @ £15m ? In an earlier post, I did suggest £20m.

We live in strange times!

Perhaps we are undervaluing Samba @ £15m ? In an earlier post, I did suggest £20m.

he might be British, and he might be young, but didnt the lad from Fulham go to United for 10mill? Cannot get to his name now

I don't think using City's panic buys as a standard is very productive or some guestimate on Cahill's potential value. Cuellar was £8M, Michael Turner £6M, Jagielka £4M, Roger Johnson £5M, Skrtel £6,5M, Dunne £5M, Upson £6M.. these were real transfer of players on somewhat same level as Samba.

Twas prior to the cup draw...and if you hadnt noticed - Agbonlahor & Collins would cost you at least £15m.

Wherever he goes we would have to play against him at some point. If you think Samba for Agbonlahor & Collins is a good idea, then that is fine (much better than Collins & Warnock imo), but that view surely shouldn't be changed that much by the fact we've been drawn against them for a cup game?

I don't think using City's panic buys as a standard is very productive or some guestimate on Cahill's potential value. Cuellar was £8M, Michael Turner £6M, Jagielka £4M, Roger Johnson £5M, Skrtel £6,5M, Dunne £5M, Upson £6M.. these were real transfer of players on somewhat same level as Samba.

Samba has done it in the PL for what, 4 or 5 years. First 5 on your list had either no PL experience or next to no experience (think Turner had 1 year with Hull). As for Dunne & Upson, neither are fit to lace the boots of Big Chris.

Didn't Arsenal offer £15m for Jagielka in the summer ?

Also, if Villa paid about £7 or 8m for a left back in Warnock then commonsense should tell them that the big man who glues it all together at the back and provides great leadership has to be worth at least twice as much!

So why doesnt the club just give him his big pay day or is it they dont have any money so they need to sell him to get some.

Absolutely sick and tired of Rovers fans falling for the line that Samba wants out and the media continually printing it for their friends.

You along with others are accepting Rovers as a selling club if they decide to SELL or SWAP the team captain.

Another thing are you a season ticket holder at Rovers ?

In my experience, lots of season ticket holders purchase said tickets because they can afford them. Not because they are more perceptive than any other Rovers fan.

Elitist nonsense. I can't afford a season ticket myself but attend most matches. And if I could, I certainly wouldn't tell people their views weren't as worthy as mine because that is how I choose to spend my money.

Absolutely sick and tired of Rovers - and other - fans thinking their opinions are more valuable because they have a season ticket.

Professional football snobbery.

If you think Villa would let Collins and Agbonlahor go for Samba you are crazy, they wouldn't even swap Agbonlahor for Samba alone..

Samba to me, is worth around the 12-13 million mark..and don't do silly comparisons to insane transfers like the Lescott saga etc...

I agree that if Samba is willing to accept further stay at Rovers, we shouldn't sell him at all. If however, he is content to dig his heels in for a move, we simply must make the best of it, 12-13 million pounds, or Collins and Warnock wouldn't be the worst of shouts. Point is to sell Samba before his motivation and performances really starts to dip - thus his value will plummet!

And I repeat, if he is remotely willing to stay - he should be made to stay...

Another thing, don't shoot the messenger! Nicko is kind enough to bring information to this board, so stop whining to HIM if some1 doesn't like the information presented. If you disagree, that is fine, but don't whine to Nicko for presenting it. Without him we would have to rely on Sky/teamtalk for transfer info, and we all know how much bshit is presented there..

On another note, while the club might seem to lack the vision to look at other targets or abroad, I for one think it is rather nice that we are finally able to target players with a proven Premier League pedigree. We KNOW these players can perform at this level - thus there is every chance of an instant improval of the match day squad. We don't have to relive the is he good or not dilemma when buying from abroad. Buying proven premier league pedigree is a luxury that Rovers couldn't afford uptil now.

Samba has done it in the PL for what, 4 or 5 years. First 5 on your list had either no PL experience or next to no experience (think Turner had 1 year with Hull). As for Dunne & Upson, neither are fit to lace the boots of Big Chris.

Didn't Arsenal offer £15m for Jagielka in the summer ?

Also, if Villa paid about £7 or 8m for a left back in Warnock then commonsense should tell them that the big man who glues it all together at the back and provides great leadership has to be worth at least twice as much!

Those were the relatively comparable REAL transfers there has been in the recent years. Huth was £5M, Bramble £1M, Anton Ferdinand £6M, Knight was £4M, Cahill £5M, James Collins £5M.. But let's use Lescott and imaginary value of Cahill as standard ;)

In my experience, lots of season ticket holders purchase said tickets because they can afford them. Not because they are more perceptive than any other Rovers fan.

Elitist nonsense. I can't afford a season ticket myself but attend most matches. And if I could, I certainly wouldn't tell people their views weren't as worthy as mine because that is how to choose my money.

Absolutely sick and tired of Rovers - and other - fans thinking their opinions are more valuable because they have a season ticket.

Professional football snobbery.

Hey markread, it wasnt aimed at you, or any other non season ticket holder, but purely at the guy who was giving me grief last night just to clear things up. I shouldnt have said it, and I hold my hands up to that, apologies if it caused you or any other non season ticket holder offence.

Just keep on keeping that blue and white flag flying so high.

JAL.

United paid £10m (probably including bonuses) for a young English defender with POTENTIAL. Samba is already proven at this level and is at the prime of his career. £12-15m sounds realistic to me. Why should we go short?

Hey markread, it wasnt aimed at you, or any other non season ticket holder, but purely at the guy who was giving me grief last night just to clear things up. I shouldnt have said it, and I hold my hands up to that, apologies if it caused you or any other non season ticket holder offence.

Just keep on keeping that blue and white flag flying so high.

JAL.

No worries, mate.

Archived