BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was fit and on the bench! RSC was quality when he was at Ewood! do you remember?

Yes I remember and we sold him for a fortune. He can stay where he is.

The reason he was on the bench and did not make it on the pitch is he would have run around for 5 mins trip up and been out for 18 months. Great player when fit. Problem is he is just not fit often enough.

One paper says one thing and another quotes something else.

Kean said: "We have not had anybody trying to get any of our players, we want to keep our squad intact. "Anybody who saw the way Chris played against Liverpool, you certainly can't fault his commitment. He's playing with a smile on his face, he's happy to be back in the team and back out on the grass.

"So hopefully we can convince him that we are moving forward and that he is a big part of that."

Not being negative BUT might help if we sign someone. I understand the window has not been open long but actions speak louder than words.

Another point, how many players who we have sold, in their peak have actually gone on and done something, and been a success? I cant think of to many.

Shearer you would say continued to score lots of goals at Newcaste, and Shay Given has been brilliant, but who else?

Henning Berg or Damien Duff did pretty well!!

Damien Duff's first season at Chelsea was great but after they bought Robben and he got injured he never fulfilled his early promise.

He was fit and on the bench! RSC was quality when he was at Ewood! do you remember?

Roque is in his twelfth season at the top level.

He's been rubbish for eleven of them.

So if nicko is right we'll be facing Samba in our next FA Cup game whilst also being a defender down ourselves due to Collins being inelligible...brilliant

said so earlier today

"Add to that we won yesterday and are therefore in the next round of the cup too and would have our hands tied behind our back in terms of team selection in that we couldn't play Collins, they could play Samba and what's the betting that at half past 3 they pull Villa Rovers or vice versa out of the hat for the next round of the Cup. Samba plays and is immense and puts us out. If he's going, he's going but not yet and not on their terms. "

Agree Berg did well at Man U, Duff was a far better player at Blackburn than at Chelsea, especially when you consider how much they paid for him. I think my point is a valid one, especially with the players we have sold over the last couple of seasons, and I have no doubt Samba will be a flop should he be sold. Cash in if the price is right for us, and that is the key.

RSC record speaks for its self - 302 games = 85 goals. Hardly prolific, his season with us was a one off, he will never repeat it, if City are been hard to deal with, we should move on, there are far better players we can turn our attention to.

Make your mind up!!

Twas prior to the cup draw...and if you hadnt noticed - Agbonlahor & Collins would cost you at least £15m.

As for 'makes me laugh when people say £15m for Samba' - makes me laugh when they say £20m for Gary Cahill, £23m for Lescott, £18m for RSC etc....etc

But it happens - why value you your BEST central defender at just £8m??

What about

Robbo

Salgado Collins Nelsen Warnock

Hoillett Adam N zogbia Young

Kalanic Rodallega

Possiblly the most light weight midfield of all time, and thats saying something with our's as it is at the moment. N'Zogbia is a left winger. We need a ball winner in there, if we do sign Adam.

Keef is back in 10 days!!!

I was beginning to think that things were looking up and now you have to come up with that. His injury has been a blessing to me.

If Samba wants to leave then there is very little we can do about it. . . . If for some reason he does want to go to Villa, which i seriously doubt he does, then Collins, Warnock and a couple of million would be a good deal. Collins is a decent defender and we all know about Warnock already.

I'm going to commit heresy. I agree with you. I think swapping Samba for Collins, Warnock and a couple of million would be a very good deal. For the Rovers.

Collins is a solid defender. As good as Samba is, I don't see him as world class or even Champions League level. In my purely inexpert opinion, Collin is the equivalent of Samba. In my mind, we as fans build up Samba as we see the times he's saved the squad's bacon. Collins however has done the exact same thing. We confuse the good will we've built up for Samba to elevate him beyond his actual skill level. We need to be coldly pragmatic about this things.

Warnock was our player of the year for 2008-2009. Not even two years have passed since he won that accolade. And now we think he's lost it? Being unhappy affects performance. I believe that Warnock in a Rovers uniform can rediscover his form that made him our player of the year a short while ago and move the squad forward.

A couple of million is icing on the cake. The real good news is that if Venkys is being straight, we don't need to sell, we have cash and we can improve without a Samba to Villa deal. If Villa is insistent, and Samba is likewise, there is no reason for us to roll over. We can dictate onerous terms, and in my mind that equates you can have Samba, but we want Collins, Warnock, and 2 million. Samba should not oppose our harsh terms, as his value (and percentage) is driven up if the Rovers can make Villa bite the bullett.

Of course, if the Rovers aren't being straight, then that casts things in another light.

You really think we would be looking to keep Givet if we would get Warnock? According to nicko Givet is one of our highest earners, and Warnock would be right up there too. If the Samba <-> Collins, Warnock -swap happens, my guess is that Givet will be offloaded to France for peanuts, so effectively the swap would be Givet, Samba <-> Collins, Warnock. Which would be horrendous.

Haven't there been reports that Givet is homesick? He only has 18 months (?) left on his contract, so I expect him to move on this summer anyway. But not for peanuts. I'd rather swap for a couple of young likely prospects.

Why are people getting so worried now???? There are 3 weeks of the transfer window left, if nothing is done in that time fine, panic, scream and throw everything out of the pram, but for the time being lets get a grip.

I am not now screaming and throwing a fit. I reserve the right, per your advice, to start come February. ;)

So you'd hold on to Samba despite him wanting out..?? Doesnt sound like a good move to me. If he wants to leave, he wants to leave. His motives for doing so can be questioned but I fail to see how its our owners fault.

Holding on to a player who is a want-a-way and has to be constantly enticed to stay a little while longer is a disaster. Other players will see bad behavior rewarded and, like all children, will emulate the behavior that gets the goodies. At that point, the club either hemorages cash we can ill afford to part with or morale suffers which will affect match results.

If Samba wants to go, cut the best deal possible and politely show him the door. No need to generate hard feelings and will also show the other squad members to be careful what you wish for.

Why get ourselves into a situation where we could potentially weaken ourselves? Only if a top class replacement comes in to replace him, that could change things.

Slippery slope when you replace your best/better players with chumps, we've been down that road before.

Collins and Warnock cannot by any reasonable definition be considered "chumps".

It's absolutely no tale that houllier fancies him because in one fell swoop he'd strengthen them and we'd be potentially weaker, hence further strengthening Villa.

If that is Houllier's nefarious plan, I question his managerial judgment. If that is his plan, he would be better off focusing on motivating those players he has, as opposed to entertaining one-sided deals from the Rovers. Not that I'm opposed (see above). But maybe Villa's recent results are explained if Houllier fancies Samba (a French speaker) for Collins, Warnock and 2 million. Its daft (in the Rovers' favor) if you ask me.

I was beginning to think that things were looking up and now you have to come up with that. His injury has been a blessing to me.

Yes, an injury to a committed player in a position we are in desperate need to fill has been absolutely fantastic.

Andrews is a squad player and the last few months we have needed him given our lack of squad.

Your bias disgusts me.

Archived