BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

we shouldnt be trying to sign players, on a permanent basis in January. You dont want to sell your best player now, and be stuck with crap, because we were forced into to making a signing. The loan market would be excellent, because you can go for a quality player, pay him a good 6 month salary, and climb up the table. at the end of the season, you can look to a) either make the loan permanent, or B) look elsewhere, but have more time. Kean imo being an inexperienced manager, should not fall into the trap of being conned by more experienced managers. Tomorrow, will be vitally important, in who he announces as his assistant. if its Wilkins or Clarke, then he will be in good hands to guide him.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really showed in his last game against liverpool. For someone who desperately wants to leave he sure played horribly :rolleyes:

He can stay till summer when we can get a better deal than Collins and Warnock.

That's why for me, I am not bothered if we don't spend loads of money as some are constantly crying out for - of course, due to injuries, our midfield needs help, however it would not bother me if just end up doing some decent loan deals in this window.

Generally the summer is much better, and easier, in relation to player recruitment so hopefully we are astute with our dealings.

With our change of ownership, it has been suggested that the test will be how much money is spent by February, unless a top class player becomes available - however I would hope we wait until the summer to spend any money we have.

It really showed in his last game against liverpool. For someone who desperately wants to leave he sure played horribly :rolleyes:

I think Samba's positive attitude is based on Kean [alleged] commitment not to stand in the way of a move, though he wants and will try to convince Samba to stay. What do you think his attitude will be like if he percieves the club as breaking its commitment to him?

This is about persuasion, not coercion. If we can't persuade Samba to stay, then we need to make the best of a bad situation and get as good as deal as possible.

The day after Jones got his season finishing injury Kean should have Samba in and said " If you're thinking of a move in the window forget it, circumstances have changed and we need you come back at the end of the season and we'll see ". The player is under contract, what sort of impression would taking his ball home give to a prospective buyer. We cannot at the moment entertain selling our best outfield player, it's as simple as that. That needs making plain to the player.

I don't want Villa's failures here, Collins under normal circumstances would be 5th choice behind all our other centre halves. Warnock I liked , I thought he was the answer to our sore point since the days of Graham LeSulk, the left back spot. He had pace, aggresssion, a good engine and he was rarely absent with injuries. Ok so his positional play wasn't great but you could say that about most full backs today. Only last summer he was rated good enough to go to the World Cup as under study to Ashley Cole. However since then his form has fallen off a cliff.Do I want to gamble on him returning to his previous form in part exchange for a player who on his day is the best out and out stopper in the league apart from Vidic. I don't think I do.

Those of us with long memories have seen this all before. Football's a simple game, you start off with decent players and replace them slowly with good players. Then you replace the good players with great players. That way leads to success and winning things, reversing this method leads to relegation.

If Samba wants to leave then there is very little we can do about it. Sam tried to keep him happy by giving him the captaincy towards the end of last season. He has abused the change of manager by coming out and saying he wants out. However he is our best defender and we should be looking at £12-14 million for him given todays market.

If for some reason he does want to go to Villa, which i seriously doubt he does, then Collins, Warnock and a couple of million would be a good deal. Collins is a decent defender and we all know about Warnock already.

I really cant see Samba leaving though. Nicko, do you know if anyone else has shown an interest? Must be very few teams willing to pay what we want or actually able to afford it. Also, what are his wage demands?

It must be obvious to all and sundry that Venky's are following the Walker trust in saying that we cannot buy before we sell so their promise of £5m plus in the January transfer window (and the ludicrous £20m bid for Ronaldinho) were all pie in the sky.

Jones would have been the first to go before his injury and it seems Samba will be the next to leave to finance a very average player in Collins and a demotivated, declining player in Warnock.

If this the new era bring back Sam and the Walkers.

It must be obvious to all and sundry that Venky's are following the Walker trust in saying that we cannot buy before we sell so their promise of £5m plus in the January transfer window (and the ludicrous £20m bid for Ronaldinho) were all pie in the sky.

Jones would have been the first to go before his injury and it seems Samba will be the next to leave to finance a very average player in Collins and a demotivated, declining player in Warnock.

If this the new era bring back Sam and the Walkers.

How do you now this?

Don't agree.

Collins has always looked excellent for Villa - good old fashioned no-nonsense centre-half. IMO not as good as Samba - but with Warnock would give us the cover we are lacking both at left back and defensive midfield (he did fairly well for us in that position). Overall we would be slightly stronger

You really think we would be looking to keep Givet if we would get Warnock? According to nicko Givet is one of our highest earners, and Warnock would be right up there too. If the Samba <-> Collins, Warnock -swap happens, my guess is that Givet will be offloaded to France for peanuts, so effectively the swap would be Givet, Samba <-> Collins, Warnock. Which would be horrendous.

Some of the reactions on here are pathetic, absolutely pathetic. Warnock and Collins for Samba?? Well last year those two were rock solid for Villa so I wouldnt complain too much if that happened, however id rather keep Samba simply because of how influential he is. If he wants out then Kean's hand is forced and Collins and Warnock would not a bad option.

I truly despair of some Rovers fans on here. Some of the nonesense being written and the determination to lay all the blame at Venky's is ridiculous. Samba, our club captain wants to leave, has done since the beginning of the season and uses Sam's sacking as an excuse, and now its Venky's fault??? Surely we should be judging Samba in the same way as Neill/Bentley etc??

JimMk2's conspiracy theories arent worthy of a response.

Why are people getting so worried now???? There are 3 weeks of the transfer window left, if nothing is done in that time fine, panic, scream and throw everything out of the pram, but for the time being lets get a grip.

Demba Ba was last seen in London, talking to Sky and confirming all suspicions about him.

Avoid.

Didn't I read that his club is furious that he has held talks with other clubs without their permission and skipped training seasions too. That's not the way to behave even if you are deparate for a move.

we should also be open minded that the team captain has spoken out that he does not like what he is seeing of the way things are being done at Ewood.

Come on, Phil, that was weeks ago, before things started to settle down.

If Samba still doesn't like 'the way things are being done' - tough, he can push off. Perhaps he should look at Warnock's situation - it all seems to have gone wrong for him. Of course, Samba has never been at another English club, - look out for the old 'grass is greener', Samba, and go if you must, although I really would much prefer you to stay. But certainly not for a deal that does not appear to be offering the best for Rovers. Definitely.

No player is bigger than the club.

Samba is just another example of a modern day footballer that thinks about money over everything else. How will moving to Villa further his ambitions? They’re a mid table club at best currently and just don’t have the financial clout to break into the top 4 or 5 consistently.

Its all about money, the owners should bung him a few quid and keep him here, but if he goes its purely about finance for me, not about the new owners.

As I understand it Samba does not view Villa as an acceptable club. Spurs or Arsenal would be a different matter.

I am convinced as are others that Phil Jones was to be sold against his will in this window which means everybody should keep their minds open to the possibility of the club trying to sell Samba to facilitate other purchases.

Sold against his weill?

Doesn't fancy Villa?

What level of research is this? Have you spoken to Samba or one of his several agents?

Didnt think so...

Why are you all talking about Collins like he is really awful?

When we signed him I admit he was just one of those players I didn't really concentrate on and I assumed he was just average but he's been really good for Villa, think it now shows exactly how overrated Matthew Upson is because Collins was certainly the better of the two in that partnership.

He's had a hit and miss season this year, they all have, but remember how exposed our back four actually has been at some stages, with two kids in Hogg and Bannan in front of it as most of the season we've had none of our senior centre mids fit, him and Dunne didn't become awful players overnight and certainly Collins is the last of our centre backs that i'd want to lose! If that deal happened you have a good player in Collins, Warnock, yeah fair enough he is ###### now but there have been rumours for ages that it's because he is unhappy and because Houllier made it clear he wasn't in his long term plans, pretty difficult to pych yourself up for games in that knowledge, while the club is actively trying to get Bridge to replace you.

Samba is just another example of a modern day footballer that thinks about money over everything else. How will moving to Villa further his ambitions? They’re a mid table club at best currently and just don’t have the financial clout to break into the top 4 or 5 consistently.

Its all about money, the owners should bung him a few quid and keep him here, but if he goes its purely about finance for me, not about the new owners.

It is about the new owners and their desire and committment to keep hold of the best players. Failure to do so well shows them up.

Keep hold of Samba until we can, at the very least, get another centre half as good. Selling him for someone not as good is plain stupid and unnecessary. If we want a left back - and it's not a priority, then buy who we want, when we want.

Simples.

Why are you all talking about Collins like he is really awful?

When we signed him I admit he was just one of those players I didn't really concentrate on and I assumed he was just average but he's been really good for Villa, think it now shows exactly how overrated Matthew Upson is because Collins was certainly the better of the two in that partnership.

He's had a hit and miss season this year, they all have, but remember how exposed our back four actually has been at some stages, with two kids in Hogg and Bannan in front of it as most of the season we've had none of our senior centre mids fit, him and Dunne didn't become awful players overnight and certainly Collins is the last of our centre backs that i'd want to lose! If that deal happened you have a good player in Collins, Warnock, yeah fair enough he is ###### now but there have been rumours for ages that it's because he is unhappy and because Houllier made it clear he wasn't in his long term plans, pretty difficult to pych yourself up for games in that knowledge, while the club is actively trying to get Bridge to replace you.

I don't think he is awful.

He just isn't as good as our current player.

Not the way to progress.

Archived