BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

How do you know the club hasn't offered Samba more money even though he's only recently been given a big fat payrise?

Do we really want players who have no desire to be at the club? Buckle to the first rattle thrower and we'll have all the handbags drooping their bottom lip, stamping and saying "I'll skweem and skweem until i am sick" like Samba 'reportedly' has.

No player is bigger than the club no matter how tall they are.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whilst i agree samba for those 2 isnt exactly a fair swap (with all due respect) that particular remark is absoluteley ######!! while warnock was with us he was arguably the 2nd best english LB in the country and while i will accept a certain amount of loss of form has took the shine off him , he would still get in the top 10 teams in PL

Dont look backwards AJW look forwards.

Warnock of yesteryear yes, maybe, but definitely not now. Did you not watch Warnock against Rovers recently as he was utterly, truly, she..ight, and always looking to blame others for his own failures.

For me Samba is irreplaceable and keeping him till atleast the summer should be a priority.

swap deal makes no sense,venky's need to put their money where their mouth is.

Here, here, Steo, for me, Samba has to be here long after this summer along with all our best players if Venky's have any desire and ambition for the club.

Now is the time to find Venky's and Kentaro out !

Dont look backwards AJW look forwards.

Warnock of yesteryear yes, maybe, but definitely not now. Did you not watch Warnock against Rovers recently as he was utterly, truly, she..ight, and always looking to blame others for his own failures.

yes i did and he gave away a stupid free kick away from which we scored from , but to say he's 1 of the worst defenders in he league is stretching it a bit far... you obviously didnt see kira.. kirgak... kiraig....the greek fella for liverpool the other night :lol: :lol:

Or Skrtl, he's rubbish.

Seriously, JAL, take a deep breath. Cole wanted out of Arsenal, that hardly makes them a selling club.

You're worried about the new owners, and the future direction of the club. Frankly, so am I, but you're coming across as hysterical. You'll do yourself an injury, mate!

I, for one, am ignoring the rumours - to be honest the grapevine and news seems unbelievably negative. They were selling Jones, selling Samba, have only 5m to spend (5m more than last summer, to be fair)... sure they're inexperienced and their PR is a mess, but it's frankly difficult to believe that they're that malicious in their intent towards the club. So I'm sitting on the fence here, and waiting to see what they do. There's shag all I can do about the situation anyway, let's see how this season goes. I'd quite like to see a sizeable investment, because this season seems ripe for upsets so a good second half of the season and god knows where we'd end up. 4th place is wide open this year, anyone in the top 10 at the moment could push for it. (yeah, it's madness to even think it, but it's so freaking tight and results are all over the place)

As for Warnock, he's still the same player, just in different circumstances. I would hope that Kean could get him re-motivated and we really could do with a left back. With young Jones out for the rest of the season, taking Collins isn't terrible business either, Hanley looks decent, but not quite ready yet, so having central defensive cover makes sense.

I find it kind of depressing how empty of ideas we are when it comes to brining new players in.

Do we actually have scouts?

Why are we being linked with Duff, Warnock, Santa Cruz?

What about trying someone new? I am genuinely happy with Charlie Adam and really hope we will be able to bring him in.

(Please don't use that word again) Collins, he is crap. might as well go for Milito. take 10 to 15mill for Samba, and go and buy a quality left back and midfielder. Milito is much better than Collins, and he is available on loan.

Nicko - while we now know Samba has wanted to leave for over a year now and currently is using the excuse it is because the lack of communication from the new owners.

But does he really want to join Villa who are several places below us in the league and look to be going in the wrong direction.

Does not make sense to me surely we offer him a fat contract and he will be happy again.

Altenativly tell him he is staying till the end of the season due to all the injuries we currently have.

If will sold Samba before getting anyone in people will moan about Venkys even more.

Do you know if villa have the money to buy him or is that why a swap deal is being arranged?

(Please don't use that word again) Collins, he is crap. might as well go for Milito. take 10 to 15mill for Samba, and go and buy a quality left back and midfielder. Milito is much better than Collins, and he is available on loan.

Here, here ! good shout ! I would rather take the money for Samba if he has to be sold and is pushing through a deal - i would like to think that we are doing everythign to keep him though - Nicko`s article (or post) says that we haven`t offered him a new deal though.

Centre midfield in the engine room is the priority for me, and then the creativity room to keep and get the ball in the mixer.

Here, here ! good shout ! I would rather take the money for Samba if he has to be sold and is pushing through a deal - i would like to think that we are doing everythign to keep him though - Nicko`s article (or post) says that we haven`t offered him a new deal though.

Centre midfield in the engine room is the priority for me, and then the creativity room to keep and get the ball in the mixer.

The point is surely that we accept that selling Samba might be what has to happen. We might not like it but if he really has his heart set on leaving then the disadvantages of keeping him might outweigh the advantages. However, selling for the fee he is worth and virtually giving him away for 2 players who added together don't seem to be worth very much at all based on their current levels of performance doesn't seem to add up at all. It also doesn't seem to make sense for him to be so desperate to be out of here that he is so keen to join them in the position they are in. Does he think he is single handedly going to drag them up the league? Have they told him they have some other steals in the pipeline? I understand he wants a big lump-sum payment i.e. a signing on fee, which we can't give him, but surely waiting a week or two won't make a difference. If Villa are desperate they will still be there and we might find we have to take what's on offer but it won't be less than now, because they are not paying cash.

Kean did say on Friday that he hopes someone will join early this week - said NO bids have been put in for anyone however on Monday/Tuesday, bids will be made.

Good to be kept updated but no need to keep specifying days when we think players will join - he said that he hoped to unveil 2 new signings, in a press conference, ahead of the QPR game and said that our assistant manager will be announced on Monday.

Collins is Aston Villa's best defender, player 20 games this season scoring 1 goal, but Villa hasn't set the league alight this season.

I think we should try and get Agbonlahor, Downing or Young instead in swap with Samba.

We can buy or loan Warnock anyway so he can compete with Givet and put Olsson on left wing as he's a pacy winger.

I always wanted us to have Olsson on left wing and Hoilett on right wing.

Collins is Aston Villa's best defender, player 20 games this season scoring 1 goal, but Villa hasn't set the league alight this season.

I think we should try and get Agbonlahor, Downing or Young instead in swap with Samba.

We can buy or loan Warnock anyway so he can compete with Givet and put Olsson on left wing as he's a pacy winger.

I always wanted us to have Olsson on left wing and Hoilett on right wing.

You've just named their best players who they wouldn't consider swapping in a million years.

Which is exactly what we should be doing in the case of Samba

Not entertaining a club who sees an opportunity to get a better player whilst at the same time shifting out some of the players they don't rate or want

We are in this case, the selling club. We should hold all the cards and the bargaining power.

Why does it feel like we don't...

all too familiar a feeling

Let's just put this Samba thing in perspective.

To repeat- agents have been talking about possible transfers for 30 months and there was a very real risk Samba would have gone this summer had an acceptable bid (in Rovers'eyes)from an acceptable club(in his eyes) come in- this was all part of an understandng which in effect meant his agents were not aggressively trying to move him on during the summer of 2009.

As I understand it Samba does not view Villa as an acceptable club. Spurs or Arsenal would be a different matter.

I am convinced as are others that Phil Jones was to be sold against his will in this window which means everybody should keep their minds open to the possibility of the club trying to sell Samba to facilitate other purchases. There is more than enough in nicko's posts and the hokey cokey of stateents and actions by the club to suggest this is the case.

Finally, we should also be open minded that the team captain has spoken out that he does not like what he is seeing of the way things are being done at Ewood.

If Rovers don´t want to sell Big Chris in January it´s no problem even if he wants to go. He will do his best for the club no doubt and can go in summer. Givet could go too but we would still have Jones, Nelsen and Hanley there. Buying players is so much harder now than it´s in summer. Now bringing in centremid is the most important task there is. Not selling our defence leader and team captain and finding replacement for him. Collins is decent but not even close to Samba.

Oklahoma, I think people have the right to be worried, in all honesty this window just looks like every other for Rovers fans and considering we have new owners that promised investment we dont seem to have made the best start.

We have had to endure some bad transfer times over the past few years with our best players leaving for average ones to be brought in to replace them, the stories that we are hearing are hardly inspiring and it seems like it is just going to be business as usual.

We all know the date and we also all know how hard it is to crack a deal in the window, add that to the fact that we have new owners who people dont really trust which just leads to fans wondering in which direction we are going.

A few quick signings would help people put aside their worries that the current owners are interested in the club and not just their poultry business.

I understand people have the right ot be worried but it's January 9th and some fans are already acting like hysterical teenagers.

I'd rather see the club make the right transfers than just sign players fast to satisfy fans' hunger.

And we all know that, even if we signed the best 11 players in the world today, some fans in here wouldn't be happy, not even for a minute.

Ideally for Samba we should be looking at £10-£14 milion pounds which we would be able to strengthen more priority areas such as central midfield however from people I know within the industry they keep banding round this figure of £8million so if we cant command £10 million plus then I think the warnock & Collins deal is reasonable based on this because for £8million there is no way you could pick up these 2????

You looking at £10 million to sign b oth of these so in that respect not too bad of a deal even though Samba has been immense and will be a massive lost if the guysimply wants out and has done for a year then so be it, And for who ever called Warnock 1 of the worst defenders in the league, Oh please!!!! He was very good for us and that season under Ince was our best player and idd his upmost to keep us up in an unfamiliar midfield role also. When he started his Villa career he was getting all the plaudits and was rock solid, even getting in the england teanm ahead of Baines which no mean feat. I personally would enjoy him back at rovers and yeah he has made mistakes this year in a bad side with no confidence and a bad manager BUT has he made more than Givet???? Look at the arsenal game, stoke game, Givet is good and puts his body on his line but I'd like to outline his positional play leaves alot to be desired and warnock would be an upgrade on Givet.

On the other hand I would also like Roque (If was loan or pay as you play deal fr the time being), Adam and an up coming youngster to develop. I think that would make a good transfer window and we can push on finish in the top 10 and re assess in the summer.

Robbo

Salgado Collins Nelson Warnock

Jones

Adam Pederson

Hoilett Olsson

Santa Cruz

Subs: Givet, Emerton, Linganzi, Dunn, Kalinic, Nzonzi, Bunn - This would be a string squad, and dangerous bench which overall is quite young and would develop well. Also ideally we would want Jones back in CD however I think this maybe when Nelson decides to hang his boots up. I also luike Mame so would like to sign him if reasonable fee can be agreed. Lastly we may need a right back to cover Salgado if he retires, Kyle Walker anyone~???

Samba for Warnock and Collins? Horrible Deal for us..

Don't agree.

Collins has always looked excellent for Villa - good old fashioned no-nonsense centre-half. IMO not as good as Samba - but with Warnock would give us the cover we are lacking both at left back and defensive midfield (he did fairly well for us in that position). Overall we would be slightly stronger

Looking longer term - we have Jones coming back from injury and Hanley.

Personally - would prefer to keep Samba - but if the guy wants to go there is little we can do other than get the best deal possible.

Don't agree.

Collins has always looked excellent for Villa - good old fashioned no-nonsense centre-half. IMO not as good as Samba - but with Warnock would give us the cover we are lacking both at left back and defensive midfield (he did fairly well for us in that position). Overall we would be slightly stronger

Looking longer term - we have Jones coming back from injury and Hanley.

Personally - would prefer to keep Samba - but if the guy wants to go there is little we can do other than get the best deal possible.

I don't think getting rid of our captain for two players who would most likely not make it into our team based on their current form is moving in the right direction. Also January, Imo, isn't the transfer window to look long term and make "swaps", leave that for summer. January is the time where you need players to make a direct impact to push you up the table as fast as possible.

I don't think getting rid of our captain for two players who would most likely not make it into our team based on their current form is moving in the right direction. Also January, Imo, isn't the transfer window to look long term and make "swaps", leave that for summer. January is the time where you need players to make a direct impact to push you up the table as fast as possible.

Look, I'll say it slowly. Samba. Wants. To. Leave. This changes everything. If he didnt want to leave then everything that you and others have said is completly valid. But when a player wants to leave the club is on the back foot in the situation.

Agree it is very difficult when the player wants to leave - however clubs/manager need to remain strong in these instances. Sparky was particularly good I thought, with us and now at Fulham in handling these situations.

Look, I'll say it slowly. Samba. Wants. To. Leave. This changes everything. If he didnt want to leave then everything that you and others have said is completly valid. But when a player wants to leave the club is on the back foot in the situation.

It really showed in his last game against liverpool. For someone who desperately wants to leave he sure played horribly :rolleyes:

He can stay till summer when we can get a better deal than Collins and Warnock.

Archived