BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I cant get my head round was after Keen Returned from india he did an interview with Talksport we he said he had spoke to Chris and belived Samba had bought into the vision that he and Venky's had and was shortly after given the captaincy back. Why was he given it back if he was still going to leave it makes no sense?

Samba is skipper while he is still here.

Villa made the move AFTER that visit. If they pay the right money - or offer the right swap deal - and the player wants to go [as he has repeated only last week] - then there is every chance he will go.

The Cup tie makes it interesting obviously...especially as I don't think you can stop a player playing against you once you have let him go.

The draw is the last thing either side need in the circumstances.

Samba is skipper while he is still here.

Villa made the move AFTER that visit. If they pay the right money - or offer the right swap deal - and the player wants to go [as he has repeated only last week] - then there is every chance he will go.

The Cup tie makes it interesting obviously...especially as I don't think you can stop a player playing against you once you have let him go.

The draw is the last thing either side need in the circumstances.

Cheers Nicko thanks for clearing that up

Anyone else getting bored of this Samba talk. As far as i'm concerned he is a cracking player who has done a good job for us for the last few years. But, like many before him, he has shot his mouth off and is quite welcome to go find himself another employer. Good luck to him. I'd sooner have Ryan Nelsen, a proper professional, as our captain. Whoever comes in will get my full support until such a time they choose to mouth off.

Just to repeat, Samba does not want to go to Villa. The likelihood of a swap deal is all but non-existant but that doesn't mean Rovers might not make a straight purchase from Villa this window with no involvement of Samba in the equation.

There is though a risk that Arsenal could come in for Samba. If Wenger could get off his high horse and bought Samba and a good keeper in this window, Arsenal would become serious challengers to win more than one trophy this season in my opinion. As it is, Wenger is stubborn, Samba could be unlucky and Rovers would then keep an absolutely key player.

hi nicko is there going to be any more transfer news tonight r will we just have to wait till tomorro

Anyone else getting bored of this Samba talk. As far as i'm concerned he is a cracking player who has done a good job for us for the last few years. But, like many before him, he has shot his mouth off and is quite welcome to go find himself another employer. Good luck to him. I'd sooner have Ryan Nelsen, a proper professional, as our captain. Whoever comes in will get my full support until such a time they chose to mouth off.

well said theres so much can be said on the subject its getting a bit reptitive

hi nicko is there going to be any more transfer news tonight r will we just have to wait till tomorro

Unfortuntately, there has been no news but merely speculation; my guess is that we will see little of of the former but plenty of the latter.

And talking of Leicester and sublime wing crosses, that would be two from Paul Gallagher for Leicester Goals

And talking of championship teams - it doesnt matter. QPR are the one setting the league alight, yesterday they offered very little.

Today was Leicester's cup final. Pointless people keep referring to championship standard ex players.

Rovers should make the Samba situation clear - OFFICAL statement saying Chris Samba will stay with this club, the ONLY circumstances in which that will change is if a club offers £15m for him, nothing less and no swaps.

I would agree with that - the only issue could be around any gentlemans agreements (or clauses) with Samba when his new contract was signed.

Having said that £15m would seem reasonable - only problem would be that it wouldn't necessarily stop the speculation - if anything would possibly heighten it.

Rovers should make the Samba situation clear - OFFICAL statement saying Chris Samba will stay with this club, the ONLY circumstances in which that will change is if a club offers £15m for him, nothing less and no swaps.

Samba for Agbonlahor & Collins please....

Make your mind up!!

One paper says one thing and another quotes something else.

Kean said: "We have not had anybody trying to get any of our players, we want to keep our squad intact. "Anybody who saw the way Chris played against Liverpool, you certainly can't fault his commitment. He's playing with a smile on his face, he's happy to be back in the team and back out on the grass.

"So hopefully we can convince him that we are moving forward and that he is a big part of that."

There will be a small 11 o'clocker. Something has moved on slightly today that is of some relevance.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Ronaldiniho in Brazil. It sounded like he wanted to go "Home"

celebrated as a hero, but his home town have disowned him and called him greedy and alot of high profile people have turned against him.

If/when he signs for Flamengo I wonder what reception he'll get from the rest of Brazil?

Roberto we seem to be scouting just outside our window.

Any idea of the availability and prize on Gokhan Inler? Has he been good this season?

Agree on the scouting,it's always the same names.Like i said a few weeks back the clubs in England are more reliable on agents & agencies to push players,so that may explain the same names?.

Teams in Italy scout the players themselves and then go to the club or agent.

Inler has Inter,Napoli,Wolfsburg on his tail,with Zenit always sniffing,would be shocked if Udinese sell this month though,but you never know in football nowadays.Summer likely though.Napoli were quoted 14 million euros 2-3 weeks back.Arsenal,Newcastle & Liverpool have been close to bidding for him in the past.

If Samba wants to leave and go to Villa good luck to him. Important things to remember, firstly do we want a player to continue placing for us, when he clearly wants to leave, and should he still be captain?

Another point, how many players who we have sold, in their peak have actually gone on and done something, and been a success? I cant think of to many.

Shearer you would say continued to score lots of goals at Newcaste, and Shay Given has been brilliant, but who else?

Another thing, we are in the box seat here, they want to buy, we dont need to sell, we should be milking as much from them as possible, and see were we get.

Another point, we dont know who all our targets are, we known the ones Nicko has advised, and the ones which have been made public, but there is probably many targets wedont know about, and quite frankly i'm happy for it to stay that way.

The best deals are always the ones which are kept out of view of the public. I would expect in the next few days, offers have been made, and by the end of next week we should have 2 new players.

Looking forward to the announcement of the new Assistant Manager tomorrow, really hope its someone who is well respected in the game, and can assist in attracting players, as well as pass on their knowledge to Keano.

But it was against Man City

In other news, Danny Kelly on Talksport just described Alan Nixon as a...

"Top, top journalist who wouldn't put his reputation on the line"

Seems like Big Al's reputation is the topic of the day!

Tis a pity really because we should discussing transfer incomings if the all the hype isto be believed and delivered

I still chuckle every time someone says samba is worth 15million.

Just for you then, Samba is worth £15m! ;)

We always rate our players higher than other. Samba is prone to stupid errors and seemed to have a bit of an issue holding the defensive line v Liverpool. Having said that his plus points are vast, he is brilliant on the ball, in the air, etc. A player is only worth that a club will pay and I can't see anyone pulling out £15m for him.

Archived