BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea Vs ROVERS

I only have a couple of members on my ignore list, JAL is one of them. However, everyone seems to quote him so I am subjected to his views anyway.

From the historic criticisms of Dunn, to the ongoing bashing on virtually anyone from the Academy, I wonder if he was a youth team player discarded by the club?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Beta Ray Bill...

After the QPR game I stated that Linganzi is a better player than Lowe yet hes been loaned out to Preston.

You mean no one at the club saw and took your advice?! Criminal.

I didn't get to follow the game much today apart from checking SSN score centre but did we really line up our midfield like this? Seems a strange one.

I honestly don't know who puts some of these things together at times. We started the game with Kalinic up front and Hoillet in behind him. MB Diouf played on the right and Olsson on the left.

In the second half we moved Hoillet inside and pushed Diouf up front - both where less effective after this. Diouf then moved out to the right again when Roberts came on for Hoillet.

Supine performance from Rovers - weak defending and no attacking threat.

That's 7 points out of 18 for Kean including a a very fortunate victory at West Brom.

Rovers held their shape in the 1st half but looked disjointed in the second period after poor substituions by the manager .

Kean has it all to prove and justify the decision to replace Sam.

As for Santa Cruz, he wandered around to no effect but will be happy with another £90,000 in his back pocket.

Extrapolated over a 38 game season that makes 44 points (a return under Sam that you'd have shouted from the rooftops) and that during the worst injury situation over the past couple of years.

So with that supposed 'point' you've managed to p!ss all over your own parade.

Well done.

Extrapolated over a 38 game season that makes 44 points (a return under Sam that you'd have shouted from the rooftops) and that during the worst injury situation over the past couple of years.

Well done.

Best post of the day by many a mile, well done LD Rover

Watching the bloody game thats what, and with two perfectly good eyes.

Eyes are only recepticals for the brain!

Lowe is just a boy. Today is just another part of his development. Much like learning to deal with over the top criticism. Give the lad a break. The fact he had to feature at all tells its own story.

Harsh to judge Kean in a game like that. Very different approach from BFS in that we played an attacking line up and made positive subs but the result was the same as you would expect. If Kalinic isn't on his game he is the most frustrating player, he is never off his arse. Disappointed that we never threatened but you could say that about so many away games over the last 2 or 3 years. Next week is a biggie though.

Harsh to judge Kean in a game like that. Very different approach from BFS in that we played an attacking line up and made positive subs but the result was the same as you would expect. If Kalinic isn't on his game he is the most frustrating player, he is never off his arse.

You have to take into account that he was playing the position that he was so poor in under Allardyce. If Santa Cruz was fully match ready I think he would have started the game in his place. If we're against the big sides away from home I can see us harking back to some of the influence left by Allardyce but with Santa Cruz up front.

I've got no problem with that either, I'm pretty sure Allardyce was planning on signing Roque to play that role with Mame and El Hadji Diouf on side of a 4-5-1/4-3-3. Nothing wrong with that sort of formation against the big boys.

On the subject of Lowe; I would have thought he'll play a few games until N'Zonzi or Grella are back. Looked OK, decent in the tackle. Looked noticably nervous when he came on, not fully commiting to the ball a couple of times. I think the pace of the game kind of toook him by surprise. Nothing more than was to be expected though.

He reminded me of the first half of N'zonzi's season, frustrating needless sideways passing when we had a chance to move the ball on quickly. Again, can't complain when it was his Premier League debut. If he gets the nod at home to West Brom then we can have a proper look at him.

Decent performance overall, despite them hitting the bar in the first half they never looked like scoring. The whole backline, particularly Salgado and Givet were superb.

If Hoilett had have had a bit more composure in front of goal we could have even nicked an undeserved goal.

The second half changed on the back of a scrappy goal and all their nerves and our spirit disappeared. If we'd have held on for another 20 mins I could see us scabbing it. Malouda looked dreadful throughout and could easily have gotten himself sent off, they were all just at the point of being frustrated by us.

If memory serves me correctly we got hammered at Chelsea last season, today was hardly a hammering,

The match stats read like a hammering even if the scoreline doesn't. No hiding the fact we got totally outplayed today and it highlighted how weak we are in the middle

Harsh to judge Kean in a game like that. Very different approach from BFS in that we played an attacking line up and made positive subs but the result was the same as you would expect. If Kalinic isn't on his game he is the most frustrating player, he is never off his arse. Disappointed that we never threatened but you could say that about so many away games over the last 2 or 3 years. Next week is a biggie though.

Stats tell a tale;

Shots on target Them 16 Us 2

Shots off target Them 11 Us 1

Corners Them 14 Us 1

And this is with an attacking line-up! Still never expected much from this game and it won't decide our future. Bit of a slap in the face for Benjani to be dropped to the bench I thought and Kalinic probably should have come off the bench.

Hey ho----not the end of the world.

Playing young Lowe. :wstu:

Hes not and will not be, of the quality to be a premiership footballer FFS.

How as an experienced footballer playing against the current champions, can you draw strength in playing with an out of his depth player in your team and expect to win. The evidence was there for all to see.

2-0 flattered Rovers end of.

How do you know he won't be premiership material?

Unless you're a scout or know something about football (and basing my opinion on your posts, you appear quite clueless) you have no idea if he'll make it or not.

Anyway, congrats, you've made your way on to the ignore list :tu:

we are being dominated in the centre, our central midfielders are simply outclassed.

Its no secret that our midfield as needed attention for a couple of years. Kean seems to be working on it, with the possibilities of Jones and Adams. But we'll have to clear a few midfield players out for wage bill purposes. I'd suggest Andrews, Grella and Dunn.

. . . At least we didn't write this game off before it started this time. . . .

Which I think is an outstanding statement of intent. No matter who you are or what you've won, the Rovers are going at you for the win.

Not the end of the world this result they are the champions afterall and it was their ground. Next week will be more important against WBA.

Absolutely. Losing to Chelsea away is no shame, especially as we didn't roll over.

That's 7 points out of 18 for Kean including a a very fortunate victory at West Brom.

7/6 = 1.167 points per game. Over 38 games that will result in a 44 point season. Not too bad considering the chaos associated with the change of management and extensive injuries.

Agree about Dunny, he can't be relied upon at all with his fitness record, and I think Pedersen's form is dipping again, although he's nothing like a natural CM anyway. Jones and Adam would instantly be first choices should we get them both IMO.

IMO, Dunn needs to be sold. He is injury prone and his form is off. His wages are substantial. If we want to improve, he needs to be sold to make space for someone who can take the club forward.

Jones and Adams would put pressure on our existing midfielders, such as MGP, which would only benefit the club.

Samba looked the poorest of the back four in the first half and that back pass was beyond stupid - it's not how comfortable on the ball he is that's the problem, it's the fact that he's a complete muppet at times :blink:

While it may be heresy, Samba should be sold and replaced. He isn't getting any more valuable and his aptitude/skill set is not irreplaceable with what we'd get for him, with a bit left over.

Not wishing to carry on Jim et als crusade to discuss the pros and cons of Sam and Kean, but did anyone else feel from watching today's game that we had a better chance of getting back into it under Kean than we would have had under Sam?

Which is one reason I am hopeful Kean will come good and we can all move on.

Eyes are only recepticals for the brain!

Lowe is just a boy. Today is just another part of his development. Much like learning to deal with over the top criticism. Give the lad a break. The fact he had to feature at all tells its own story.

Its not aimed at young Jason but the guy who has put young Jason Lowe into this situation, a situation that was way to much for his capabilities. Yes, why did he have to feature, but then why did Kean loan Linganzi out to Preston before he had a suitable replacement lined up.

Well done.

Rovers finished with 50 points under Sam last season, so 44 points under him this season would have been a disappointing return.

If he had been allowed to stay in the job I would have expected him to exceed last season's 50 point total.

Kean has a long way to go.

Sorry to p!ss all over your shi!e but you asked for it.

Congratulations.

The match stats read like a hammering even if the scoreline doesn't. No hiding the fact we got totally outplayed today and it highlighted how weak we are in the middle

Its not Keans fault we’re weak in the middle, I’m not sure its Allardyces fault either due to lack of funds. But you’re right we need some steel and creativity in the middle then we’ll really be able to make progress.

Rovers finished with 50 points under Sam last season, so 44 points under him this season would have been a disappointing return.

If he had been allowed to stay in the job I would have expected him to exceed last season's 50 point total.

Congratulations.

I too was furious when Allardyce was sacked and still believe the decision to have been an incorrect one as well as being grossly unfair. However, no amount of whining on here will get the decision reversed so it's time to support the new boss. He is an intelligent and, we are lead to believe, talented man trying to stabilise the club during chaotic times.

You are becoming a parody of yourself with your bitter, biased observations and your acerbic personal jibes.

You have made your point about Allardyce, move on.

What is so special about Linganzi that people keep going on about him?

I have seen him a handfull of times and at best he has looked lumbering, now he is the solution to our midfield problems :wacko:

He is out on loan at preston because he isnt good enough for the premiership as judged with Sam who never played him and Kean who has loaned him out, I may not be as enlightened as some on here but I would take two managers choices and coaching staff over people that have seen him as many times as me.

Our midfield has been so bad for a very long time and each manager has had his fair share in not making it better, I am expecting a lot from Mr Jones if he signs because he can not be worse than anything we have at present, he was described as a energetic, tough tackling, box to box midfielder, sound like anybody we have on the books at the moment? Because I cant think of any since Savage.

In every single game we give the ball away in midfield through bad passes and have nobody to win it back that is why our possession is so bad, every single game I find my self shouting close him down put a challenge in, Pederson and Dunn are powder puffs that just let the play bypass them or just stand off giving them a free run.

Our midfield has been so bad for a very long time and each manager has had his fair share in not making it better, I am expecting a lot from Mr Jones if he signs because he can not be worse than anything we have at present, he was described as a energetic, tough tackling, box to box midfielder, sound like anybody we have on the books at the moment? Because I cant think of any since Savage.

If only Steven Reid hadn't got injured... So often.

Congratulations.

Conveniently forgetting the injuries, suspensions and general upheavel you are, of course, correct.

However, I, like yourself, will just have to get over the loss of Sam and his remorseless march towards Europe and beyond and get behind the lads with the new manager in charge.

I'm sure you'll join us in that won't you?

I too was furious when Allardyce was sacked and still believe the decision to have been an incorrect one as well as being grossly unfair. However, no amount of whining on here will get the decision reversed so it's time to support the new boss. He is an intelligent and, we are lead to believe, talented man trying to stabilise the club during chaotic times.

You are becoming a parody of yourself with your bitter, biased observations and your acerbic personal jibes.

You have made your point about Allardyce, move on.

That's my attitude now-----I'm referring to your first para. Time to move on, I always wanted a takeover as the only alternative to relegation under the Walkers so best of luck with it all Venkys. We need you and you need us.

Archived