BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

welcome home.. santa!

its a no lose situation for rovers.. with it being a loan. we've missed his physical presence and eye for goal.. if he hits the ground running like he did in his 1st season.. we are in for a treat.

cant wait to see him paired up with kalanic.. think theyll compliment each other very well!

"santa cruz is coming to town!" :)

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might also have escaped the Venky and Kean lovers on here that Roque was also a target for Allardyce this window before he was scandalously dumped.

Why scandalously? The owners presumably paid him off in full and didn't try to cheat him of what he was due? So where's the scandal? They, for whatever reason, as is their absolute right, decided they didn't want him to manage the football club they had just bought. You might, and obviously do, disagree with that but I can't see where the scandal comes from. Unless I've missed something proven to have happened and not merely hearsay, rumour and a manager scorned?

Like it or not, Anderson is their advisor.

Where would people like the advisor to base himself? London perhaps? "What's he doing down there? Scared to show his face? He should be at Brockhall looking 'em in the eye"

No idea why, but I found that hilarious.

• Backroom

Just had a phone call from a friend who is at Citys ground. Just had a photo with Roque and said 'is there a chance your coming back to Rovers' and he said 'Yes definitely'

Then asked whether he would like to play up front with Niko he nodded and smiled.

Welcome home Roque! :brfcsmilie:

Sorry to dredge this up again, but who sent hampers back? The Trustees or Walker family members?

If it was the Trustees, I would have been more surprised if they had accepted lavish hampers. Surely they have rules against that sort of thing, otherwise it could look suspisously like a bung after the event. In my last corporate role, I couldn't accept anything worth more than $25. If it was family members, well they wouldn't be the first and won't be the last over-privileged heirs to sell off part of their inheritance then immediately shed crocodile tears over what the new owners went on and did.

Who knows if this is true anyway. All I know is we would never have re-signed RSC, or anyone else vaguely capable of scoring at this level, under the kindly and paternalistic hand of the last regime.

Both apparently. And I doubt corporate rules on gift acceptances came into it.

I was about to make this point. Whilst it worrying that a football agent is seemingly acting as an advisor to the club, if that's what the new owners want then it makes sense to make the best use possible of him, if he can give us access to players we wouldn't normally get then we should take advantage of it.

Doesn't it worry you that Jerome Anderson might be recommending players that he can make money out of, rather than recommending the best available player?

Just as some people have alleged that he's recommended the current manager and assistant manager.

Both apparently. And I doubt corporate rules on gift acceptances came into it.

Why? This is, (my opinion, etc.) nonsense. The trust did not have to sell to Venky's and the Walker Family could have blocked it if they'd wanted to. They clearly had enough of a rapport to get the change in ownership, so did they wake up one morning to find chicken heads on their pillows?

Corporate legalities aside, there are a myriad of reasons that the trustees would refuse to accept the gifts, the internal structure and rules of operation could easily account for it (or just personal integrity - the refusal to even look like there may have been impropriety which would surely have been levelled).

Doesn't it worry you that Jerome Anderson will be recommending players that he can make money out of, rather than recommending the best available player?

Just as some people have alleged that he's recommended the current manager and assistant manager.

I agree with the concerns, but until we sign a load of second rate Kentaro/SEM players Im willing to reserve judgement. So far none of the players we have been linked with fall into that category, but time will certainly tell I guess.

Why? This is, (my opinion, etc.) nonsense. The trust did not have to sell to Venky's and the Walker Family could have blocked it if they'd wanted to. They clearly had enough of a rapport to get the change in ownership, so did they wake up one morning to find chicken heads on their pillows?

Corporate legalities aside, there are a myriad of reasons that the trustees would refuse to accept the gifts, the internal structure and rules of operation could easily account for it (or just personal integrity - the refusal to even look like there may have been impropriety which would surely have been levelled).

Im sure if they had accepted the alleged gifts and the media got old of it, how would it look to the likes of Saurin Shah?

Exactly.

Imagine what phil would be saying now if they HAD accepted gifts!

It would look awful.

Think on phil. Stop believing what you want to believe

Let's not forget this wage scenario. If he's on £90,000 a week, which I saw earlier in the thread, then we can't even really afford to be paying 33% of that. But City don't want to pay any of his wage, if they can help it.

Personally, I think they SHOULD. You can't spend frivolously and then palm responsibility off to someone else because it didn't work out. They've brought it on themselves.

• Backroom

Ironic how we resign Roque while Man. City pay £27.5m for Edin Dzeko.

If only the Trust had pretended to care, we could have been quids in again!

No use crying over spilt milk though is it?

Personally, I would be over joyed to see a fit and raring to go Roque back at Ewood.. and think what Kalinic can learn from him too!

Archived