BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok the sheer amount of stupidity on this board is getting to me now...

first people say Venky's have no cash and everything is a P.R stunt.. then when they do spend money on a proven league striker who wants to play with us they complain... what happen to all you people who said Venky's had no cash at the start? wrong on one thing so move on to complain about the next? can you people just wait and see until the end of january before opening your mouth to complain when not even half the month has gone by! im not saying santa cruz will be the same player as when he played with us (first season) but you never know! the manager probably knows more than alot of you complainers!

I think this signing has the potential to be our best in some time, him and niko could form a fantastic partnership..

*My mum will be happy she called her african grey parrot Roque after him :)

He will be fit to start v west brom hopefully :)

Can you name a parrot in the 25 man squad?

Got to be pleased about this. Top top player when fit (they'll all utterly useless when they're injured aren't they).

first people say Venky's have no cash and everything is a P.R stunt.. then when they do spend money on a proven league striker who wants to play with us they complain... what happen to all you people who said Venky's had no cash at the start? wrong on one thing so move on to complain about the next? can you people just wait and see until the end of january before opening your mouth to complain when not even half the month has gone by! im not saying santa cruz will be the same player as when he played with us (first season) but you never know! the manager probably knows more than alot of you complainers!

What money have they spent?

With RSC reportedly on 90k p.w. if nicko is correct and this is a "full wages paid" loan deal it doesn't exactly lend credibility to suggestions the Rao's are skint does it?

No Rev. That's all cleared up now. They're obviously absolutely loaded. I mean for a moment back there I thought there was a slight possibility that the club might be about to run up a huge amount of debt and make signings on credit.

Well as you can see from the topic... fully paid wages for cruz... thats 90k per week. we wouldn't be able to afford that with our old regime would we?

Look at the cuts made, Judge gone, Brown on his way, probably Chimbonda, left with around £45,000 tops

and only till may, 4 months wages only!!

BRFCS has it on good authority that the much rumoured return of Roque Santa Cruz is now a done deal.

Sources at Ewood Park have confirmed to BRFCS that the deal to bring Roque Santa Cruz is complete. He will join Rovers on a half season loan.

Can he play as a defensive midfielder?

Hmmmn...... RSC without Bentley? :unsure:

He's another who thought the grass is greener elsewhere and is a very lucky man to get a second chance at a great club that he mistreated.

That said he is a quality player, big, mobile, a decent finisher, technically very good and no slouch pace wise unless injuries have taken their toll. Hopefully Junior can supply him with similar oportunities to that he provided for Benjani against the Mickeys.

It has to be a positive that the club are investing a bit given the wages RSC is reputedly on but I wont be getting carried away. This has to be the start of realistic levels of investment in the squad which has been dangerously absent for so long.

Good luck RSC, treat us with a bit of respect this time.

Santa is very good with his back to goal, his link up play is excellent, in a 4 - 4 - 2 formation he will be a great asset and he will bag a few goals himself.

I think thats exactly right and he will combine well with nicko who is good on the half turn of the shoulder. Just stay fit man!

first people say Venky's have no cash and everything is a P.R stunt.. then when they do spend money on a proven league striker who wants to play with us they complain...

You are making the mistake of thinking the forum is one person, last I saw we had 5200 registered users and that potentially is a lot of different opinions. Yes, so some people believe Venky's are all talk and can't / won't front the cash they implied they would, there are people who believe we are on the verge on a walker-era-style spending spree but can't get the right people 'cos it's January, there are even people who believe Lancashire United is the answer and Rovers have never been the same since Beeching closed the ELR. They can't all be right.It's a nerve-racking time to be a Rovers fan and fear makes people go to extremes.

But ultimately, somebody has to be right and only time will tell who that is. Me, I'm just going to sit back and see how it unfolds. Jensen and RSC aren't a sign we're heading for world dominance, but at least they are a small step in the right direction for one area of the club.

Ok so RSC

• Is he a better finisher than Benjani & Roberts? No brainer.
  • Will players like Hoilett, Mame & Kalinic learn from a player of RSC ability?

Getting £18m for him was a great deal, taking him back for FREE for 6 months (except wages) is another good move for both club & player....IF he's another success we sign him up again for around £3m (That is the price they wanted from Lazio).....IF he turns out a crock, he goes back - but at least we gave it a shot with a player who has top pedigree and has been our best striker since Shearer.

The people not happy about it in general are the people who are not happy about anything, especially if it relates to our new owners. FFS if Cheryl Cole fell onto their lap they would probably kick off. Sort it out eh! :blink:

I think thats exactly right and he will combine well with nicko who is good on the half turn of the shoulder. Just stay fit man!

Surely you mean Niko? Unless our very imformative journo Nicko is also good on the half turn of the shoulder. :lol:

There's no way Kamy, or BRFCS would have posted this without the knowledge of the club - in my opinion - eh, Glenn :lol:

If it goes through, I'm claiming it on behalf of the site, if it doesn't I'm blaming it all on Kamy :)

With RSC reportedly on 90k p.w. if nicko is correct and this is a "full wages paid" loan deal it doesn't exactly lend credibility to suggestions the Rao's are skint does it?

Rev, where have we learnt the Raos are paying his wages? They said Ronaldhino was a personal project but no mention of any other players falling into this category.

Has Nicko been banned then. :rolleyes:

I meant confirmed "officially". Nicko's info is normally very good and accurate, but stuff like wages structures and payment terms is very hard to know for sure. It's not like the club (or indeed any club) are going to put out a statement are they.

nothing in the media still.

and as I said waaaaaay up there, there is unlikely to be until tomorrow (unless they are simply reposting based on us).

Ok so RSC

• Is he a better finisher than Benjani & Roberts? No brainer.
  • Will players like Hoilett, Mame & Kalinic learn from a player of RSC ability?

Getting £18m for him was a great deal, taking him back for FREE for 6 months (except wages) is another good move for both club & player....IF he's another success we sign him up again for around £3m (That is the price they wanted from Lazio).....IF he turns out a crock, he goes back - but at least we gave it a shot with a player who has top pedigree and has been our best striker since Shearer.

The people not happy about it in general are the people who are not happy about anything, especially if it relates to our new owners. FFS if Cheryl Cole fell onto their lap they would probably kick off. Sort it out eh! :blink:

Surely that would depend if her agents are Kentaro/SEM

Archived