BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

Not particularly impressed, but I'm willing to give him a chance. A decent striker when fit and receiving good supply, sadly we're going to struggle with both so I'm pessimistic that this will work out.

At least Grella will have a new buddy now that Dunny's actually fit again.

dunns fitness should never be openly discussed it just jinxs it.

I'd rather have got bellamy fron city (his wages are subsidised by city so don't see why roques would'nt be), well impressed the day we initially signed roque not altogether overjoyed right now though.....too many sick notes at the club.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dunns fitness should never be openly discussed it just jinxs it.

I'd rather have got bellamy fron city (his wages are subsidised by city so don't see why roques would'nt be), well impressed the day we initially signed roque not altogether overjoyed right now though.....too many sick notes at the club.

The same Bellamy who has been charged on suspicion of assault today?? Just what we need, more bad PR surrounding the club.

he has to know he cant come waltzing back in to Ewood and expect to play, he has to earn our respect, and one match wont cut it.

Roque, proove to yourself and the fans that you can do the business, otherwise you can jog on!

I completely agree with that. He's got to prove he's here to be successful and work hard.

Booing would be outrageous though, it would be an awful reflection of our support if it happened, and the media would definitely pick up on it.

Glad to have a world class player in our squad again for the first time since he left.

Every finger crossed he can stay fit for at least three quarters of our fixtures.

not sure i would call Roque world class.

i think its get us out a hole until the summer, Roque can prove a point by scoring a few goals(then hes prob go somewhere "bigger"),for us maybe push us to the top8 and we can sign someone more promising in the summer. :brfcsmilie:

I really don't see how a player who is almost 30 and has had exactly one good season in his entire career can be considered "world class".

10 goals in 14 games for Olimpia in 1999, I would say that was a good season. Apart from that and his season with s, his goal scoring record is pretty dire. I do think he is a good player, but needs good service, and a run f games in the first team, its a gamble, but it might just pay off. Then again it might go horribly wrong.

Provided he doesn't get injured in the warm-up there's no point playing Roque without Olsson and /or Pedersen plus Hoilett to supply the crosses. Hendry was a notable exception but players returning to their former clubs rarely works out.

What about Berg and Le Saux? Just off the top of my head. It's not even as if we have signed him, it's a loan

I really don't see how a player who is almost 30 and has had exactly one good season in his entire career can be considered "world class".

He isn't "world class". Never was even in his pomp (one season in 11).

Don't make too much of it though or your post will be deleted.

Well the guy has been fit most if not all season, what he needs is games. Given our forward line it shouldnt be a problem. I think this is a decent deal for 6 months. We can use the cash we have for a central midfielder.

Just a shame we couldnt have brought Dave back, but then again we are now out of domestic loans.

Archived