BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellamy screwed us over by insisting on such a small release clause. He also gets injured all the time.

I'd still take him back though.

Indeed. He was my Number One target when the window opened. Not expensive, transfer-fee-wise, either.

Needs to curb the behaviour, though. Arrested and bailed today on assault charges, apparently.

Indeed. He was my Number One target when the window opened. Not expensive, transfer-fee-wise, either.

Needs to curb the behaviour, though. Arrested and bailed today on assault charges, apparently.

He's got a good golf swing as well, so I've been told by John Arne Riise.

Superb addition if he stays fit. He has been fit all season for Citeh as far as I'm aware, just hasn't been a first choice.

Like a few others, just wondering if the medical will be THAT much of a formality? Here's hoping there's no problems.

Can't believe some of the negative reaction on here. Well I can, he's been signed by Steve Kean under the auspices of the new owners.

I'm sure there wouldn't have been half as much whinging if Sam had still been here and similarly landed his number one target!

I can see both sides to the Roque debate. When fit he's a great player: strong, physical, reasonably quick and can finish, with feet and in the air. When he's not fit, he's next to useless and our squad can I'll afford passengers.

Hughes knew how to keep him fit so hopefully we still have all the kit necessary to help him get back there.

He's the perfect January signing for us though. Bolsters our attack and can hit the ground running, as he shouldn't need several weeks to get used to his surroundings.

With any luck he'll realise just how good he had it here and be motivated to prove a few people wrong. I know the way he engineered his move was out of order but we don't know everything about the situation after Hughes left. I'm prepared to forgive and forget.

Welcome back Roque!

I can see both sides to the Roque debate. When fit he's a great player: strong, physical, reasonably quick and can finish, with feet and in the air. When he's not fit, he's next to useless

Name me a player that is useful when not fit? ;)

I think this signing has the potential to be our best in some time, him and niko could form a fantastic partnership..

Welcome home Roque :)

*My mum will be happy she called her african grey parrot Roque after him :)

He will be fit to start v west brom hopefully :)

Give him a chance to sign first :D

I think this signing has the potential to be our best in some time, him and niko could form a fantastic partnership..

Welcome home Roque :)

*My mum will be happy she called her african grey parrot Roque after him :)

He will be fit to start v west brom hopefully :)

:D

I reckon there might be a few women happy to see Roque back at rovers, but for different reasons. Only reason my missus used to come to games was to watch (stare) at Roque.

Lorenzo Amoruso, assuming we wanted a nice carbonara making.

:D

Bravo sir, if I was wearing a hat, I would take it off.

Do half the people here who post negative messages ever go on or watch on tv???

You just cant deny RSC's ability and quality... touch, finishing, head!

I'l be honest i hated him when he left us but only because we were losing such a damn good player!

Fitness wont be there just yet im sure, but watch what quality he brings to the team... MARK MY WORDS!!!!

Roque deal still not done or reported anywhere else.

He's not doing a sam style medical is he?

Given I don't imagine we have 24hr on-call medical team, I'd imagine that once the clock ticked past 5pm, the chances of anything being confirmed until tomorrow were slim and getting slimmer by the minute.

Given I don't imagine we have 24hr on-call medical team, I'd imagine that once the clock ticked past 5pm, the chances of anything being confirmed until tomorrow were slim and getting slimmer by the minute.

Not suprising since his body is made by Meccano.

Take the medical staff 6 hrs to put all the pieces together.

Very brave announcing it early in the current climate Glenn.

You do realise by doing so you're cruelly raising people's hopes unnecessarily and making this m/b the laughing stock of all m/b's.

;)

Very brave announcing it early in the current climate Glenn.

You do realise by doing so you're cruelly raising people's hopes unnecessarily and making this m/b the laughing stock of all m/b's.

;)

What can I say, I want us to be the new tribal football ;)

Archived