BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the delay is because he's signing for SEM at the same time ;)

I didnt think of that perhaps part of his medical is that He has to go into Jerome Andersons office that he has had set up at Brockhall who puts his knees in a vice slowly tightening it until he agrees to join Kentaro

Can we close the message board for a week and see how many Rovers related stories the LT report?

To be fair, it's a two way door. At least these days when we run a story that's also in the LET they don't accuse us of plagiarism (ok, that last happened in 2003, but it still irks me ;) ).

I have a number of people telling me anything between 2 days a week and every day at Brockhall. He spent most of Tuesday at Ewood though.

Let's just say he is a familiar face and voice now inside the club and he is clearly carrying the a lot of clout over what is going on.

I have a number of people telling me anything between 2 days a week and every day at Brockhall. He spent most of Tuesday at Ewood though.

Let's just say he is a familiar face and voice now inside the club and he is clearly carrying the a lot of clout over what is going on.

So why dont the Directors tell him to 'do one' ?

Legally the Directors run the club and whilst they are members of the board and the board delivers a mandate, they could in reality, block anything Venkeys do?

Don't you think it's a bit strange your impeccable sources cannot agree on a simple piece of information? There's a quite obvious difference between 2 days a week and 7.

Anyway, I am delighted that RSC is back but pretty scared about the exits of Samba and Dunn I hear are being worked on. I have my view as to why those players are perceived as being needed to be sold and other people will have their's.

And believe me I will be elated to take all the abuse you can throw at me if Samba and Dunn are both Rovers players on 3 February.

Phil

In all seriousness if we do sign Adam (I'm not saying we will) wouldn't you see Dunn as surplus to requirements. I don't see how the two of them could play together in the same midfield.

Personally I'd be willing to let Dunn go for a fee IF Adam come in. Dunny hasn't been anywahere near last seasons standards so far this season. He's been very average.

As for Samba, if he doesn't want to go then he has to stay. If he wants out then thats another situation where we have to do the best del possible for the club.

Phil

In all seriousness if we do sign Adam (I'm not saying we will) wouldn't you see Dunn as surplus to requirements. I don't see how the two of them could play together in the same midfield.

Personally I'd be willing to let Dunn go for a fee IF Adam come in. Dunny hasn't been anywahere near last seasons standards so far this season. He's been very average.

As for Samba, if he doesn't want to go then he has to stay. If he wants out then thats another situation where we have to do the best del possible for the club.

Yup.

All of this.

Like it or not, Anderson is their advisor.

Where would people like the advisor to base himself? London perhaps? "What's he doing down there? Scared to show his face? He should be at Brockhall looking 'em in the eye"

Personally, I couldn't care less about all this. All I'm interested in is results, performances and the development of the squad gene pool, none of which seem to have collapsed despite a player exodus and no-one being willing to join the club. Oh...

Where would people like the advisor to base himself? London perhaps? "What's he doing down there? Scared to show his face? He should be at Brockhall looking 'em in the eye"

Personally, I couldn't care less about all this. All I'm interested in is results, performances and the development of the squad gene pool, none of which seem to have collapsed despite a player exodus and no-one being willing to join the club. Oh...

I was about to make this point. Whilst it worrying that a football agent is seemingly acting as an advisor to the club, if that's what the new owners want then it makes sense to make the best use possible of him, if he can give us access to players we wouldn't normally get then we should take advantage of it.

but just six weeks after committing to the sale, I hear the recipients sent their Harrods hampers back from whence they had come unopened.

Sorry to dredge this up again, but who sent hampers back? The Trustees or Walker family members?

If it was the Trustees, I would have been more surprised if they had accepted lavish hampers. Surely they have rules against that sort of thing, otherwise it could look suspisously like a bung after the event. In my last corporate role, I couldn't accept anything worth more than $25. If it was family members, well they wouldn't be the first and won't be the last over-privileged heirs to sell off part of their inheritance then immediately shed crocodile tears over what the new owners went on and did.

Who knows if this is true anyway. All I know is we would never have re-signed RSC, or anyone else vaguely capable of scoring at this level, under the kindly and paternalistic hand of the last regime.

How many days are certain players or coaches in at Brockhall?

Enough, I would have thought, to tell the difference between the bloke being there permanently and a couple of days a week.

And completely agree. My interest in it is purely because his involvement is repeatedly painted in such apocalyptic terms.

Archived