BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

Who knows if this is true anyway. All I know is we would never have re-signed RSC, or anyone else vaguely capable of scoring at this level, under the kindly and paternalistic hand of the last regime.

Correct. Obviously though you have already forgotten the lessons provided by the likes of Leeds, Chelsea, WHU, Man City and Portsmouth etc.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You people need to realise that a failure at Rovers is also a failure for the SEM Group and Kentaro. Their reputations will be permanently tainted if this club suffers at the hands of poor-management and recommendation from SEM and Kentaro.

Whilst we have a club to lose, they have their businesses if it all goes tits-up.

That is worth remembering.

Now, BACK to Roque! Before Midday, please! Him and Niko up-front is an exciting prospect, given all Roque could teach Niko.

Dont you think it is being discussed because people like Philip keep relighting the fire with unfounded garbage about SEM .

No, Proffessional footballers/Managers and Coaches do not need anyone to help them form their opinions, they know the game and are familier with certain people who infiltrate the game, interestingly, there will be a move by the PFA to take on the role of an agent in a much greater capacity than they do at present, indeed, I think Chris Sutton was the first to go down that route, Vince O'Keefe looked after him on behalf of the PFA I believe.

No, Proffessional footballers/Managers and Coaches do not need anyone to help them form their opinions, they know the game and are familier with certain people who infiltrate the game, interestingly, there will be a move by the PFA to take on the role of an agent in a much greater capacity than they do at present, indeed, I think Chris Sutton was the first to go down that route, Vince O'Keefe looked after him on behalf of the PFA I believe.

That wont be the same managers ,coaches,footballers who called Allardyce and his football then suddenly found him the best thing since sliced bread when he was sacked?

Correct. Obviously though you have already forgotten the lessons provided by the likes of Leeds, Chelsea, WHU, Man City and Portsmouth etc.

The FA brouht in regulations to prevent another Pompey situation happening again. http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/191030/Premier-League-rules-to-stop-a-Portsmouth-

First, any prospective new owner of a club will have to show proof of funds and explain their plan for the business. The much criticised "fit and proper person test" has become the "means and abilities test" the league previously shied away from.

Second, the would-be owner will have to do this in person, at the league's offices, within 10 days of a deal to buy the club being agreed in principle.

A face-to-face meeting, a few bank statements and a brief chat about how things might pan out? Sounds simple, doesn't it? But it would have prevented the Al Fahim and Ali Al Faraj interludes at Fratton Park.

The league is currently watching events at Anfield and Ewood Park closely, and whoever it is that ends up buying those institutions will be invited to London for tea and biscuits soon after.

The clubs' final new commitment is to go further in their efforts to avoid confrontations with the taxman. September's promise to clear all tax debts annually has been improved to a clean slate every three months. In fact, the next new deadline for Premier League clubs is 30 September, the first quarterly tax check.

Of course clubs can still rack up rather large wage bills, but you would hope Rovers are going to cast off some of the deadwood in the squad to offset salaries of players coming in.

The truth is the FA were made to look like mugs by Pomeys owners, and the seems intent on not allowing the same thing to happen again.

I go back 50 years and yes he treated the club with the most contempt of all the players in all that time. You must be either quite young or have a very short memory.

I never realised Cruz handed in a transfer request on the morning of the 1960 Fa Cup Final ;)

That wont be the same managers ,coaches,footballers who called Allardyce and his football then suddenly found him the best thing since sliced bread when he was sacked?

No, the same pro footballers, managers and coaches who understand football, tactics are there to nullify the oppossition and to the benefit of the team, would you genuinely try to race an Aston Martin with a Megane? You couldnt, so you find another way of stopping it.

The reason the comments are being made are that the contradictory comments and decisions made by the owners of BRFC, who have no or little knowledge of Football, let alone the EPL.

[

No, the same pro footballers, managers and coaches who understand football, tactics are there to nullify the oppossition and to the benefit of the team, would you genuinely try to race an Aston Martin with a Megane? You couldnt, so you find another way of stopping it.

The reason the comments are being made are that the contradictory comments and decisions made by the owners of BRFC, who have no or little knowledge of Football, let alone the EPL.

We aren't worse than everyone in the league though are we?

• Backroom

I'd be 95% certain it's wages. Can't see City selling him to us for that price, regardless of his injury record & age. I would assume his 6 months with us will be seen as an opportunity by City to put him in the shop window and pray he both plays well and doesn't get injured so another club will pick him up for a decent fee in the summer.

80k pw over 26 weeks is about £2m.

I don't know if this is a fact or something that had been assumed.

I must be sh*t at maths, because I counted 19 weeks until the end of the season, and that amounting to £1.7m.

It's still nearly £2m, and makes sense. Devastating that we've agreed to pay that for a gamble.

• Backroom

Permanent for £2m sounds more likely....small risk fee (probably have to pay loan fee otherwise) - smaller than his City wages & free's up the loan slot for another.

Not sure if that works out for any of the parties involved Hughesy...

City... OK they lose his wages but they miss out on recouping basically any of what they paid for him, knowing that a good 6 months at Rovers could see clubs interested in RSC in the summer. I know they're being bankrolled and to an extent money isn't an issue but that'd be strange business, even for them.

Roque... a permanent move to a club he's already previously left on the back of higher ambitions, and gets a wage cut.

Rovers... sign a guy on a permanent deal who is a huge gamble considering his injury history, and also have to pay what will still be fairly hefty wages on a player that rivals our good friend Grella for medical treatment. I don't think a loan fee is applicable to the City deal as long as we pay his wages in full.

I'd much rather if we have to get Roque back it'd be a loan tbh.

Not sure if that works out for any of the parties involved Hughesy...

City... OK they lose his wages but they miss out on recouping basically any of what they paid for him, knowing that a good 6 months at Rovers could see clubs interested in RSC in the summer. I know they're being bankrolled and to an extent money isn't an issue but that'd be strange business, even for them.

Roque... a permanent move to a club he's already previously left on the back of higher ambitions, and gets a wage cut.

Rovers... sign a guy on a permanent deal who is a huge gamble considering his injury history, and also have to pay what will still be fairly hefty wages on a player that rivals our good friend Grella for medical treatment. I don't think a loan fee is applicable to the City deal as long as we pay his wages in full.

I'd much rather if we have to get Roque back it'd be a loan tbh.

Although I partially agree with you, you could just use your negative for City as a positive for us and the negative for us as a positive for City.

Also Roque wants to stay in the area and play football. And we're a club who could potentially fulfil his ambitions. Granted I don't know whether we'll push for cup success and Europe or whatever, and I also don't know what Roque's ambitions are, but none of us can know. It's just reasonable to believe that Roque thinks that he could help us into Europe and that is where he wants to be.

[EDIT] So it's a loan. Can't say I'm any more or less pleased to know that. It's safer but with less potential for gain.

• Backroom

Although I partially agree with you, you could just use your negative for City as a positive for us and the negative for us as a positive for City.

True I suppose, but I still think a loan is a far better solution for all parties than a permanent deal. Glad that is the case!

He's doing his medical right now.

Sorry Bobby, you've posted this in a few places, and you have made a few comments this week in the same vein about certain things.

Are you another one trying to claim you have 'inside knowledge,' or are you just good at stating the bleeding obvious?

Archived