BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

I agree that the 5 strikers we have offer a good range but I think it's fair to say that none of them will ever be the 20 goal a season force we are crying out for, no matter what combination we use them in. Theoretically I think keep Kalinic, sign Diouf permanently along with Santa Cruz if he keeps fit and City aren't after a ridiculous fee then spend 10-12m in the Summer on someone who would be the first name on the team sheet each time.

Well, we know that Roque is capable of it, if he can keep fit and has a decent supply line. That's why midfield is such a priority. I also believe the others would give their fair share of goals, too.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he showed some neat touches against Chelsea, won most of his headers as well, which means off goal kicks we can actually retain possession. Looking forward to seeing more of him and Mame together up front.

We can't complain now about our attacking options, 4 solid strikers with Benjani to throw on as a gamble if we need a goal.

Well, we know that Roque is capable of it, if he can keep fit and has a decent supply line. That's why midfield is such a priority. I also believe the others would give their fair share of goals, too.

Fair point, if Santa Cruz could offer us what he did in his golden season then happy days but I just don't see it. I'd love to be proved wrong... although, maybe he could keep a bit in the tank until we can sign him properly!

We know Roque is a classy centre-forward, but he needs to prove his fitness for the rest of his loan before we talk about signing him permanently - especially with the figures he was earning at Man. City.

I must admit I had forgotten what an excellent all round player he is. He was strong in the air and on the ground, and I think he's got more pace than people credit him for.

Hopefully he can still injury free. You can see he's lacking a bit of confidence, typified by that chance in the first time where he tried to square the ball to Kalinic. I remember him lashing in a few left footed shots from similar angles in his first spell here. That'll return with time though.

There was such a difference in class between Roque, Kalinic and Roberts that they might as well have been playing in different leagues. Roque just oozes class and has everything about his game (as long as he stays fit and is given the chance). Kalinic is the up and coming youngster who will get better with experience, he gets in the right places to cause major issues to defenders. Roberts has a touch like a brick wall one minute, couldn't trap a bag of cement the next and then does something brilliant. I'm not being ironic when I say his biggest strength is exactly that, strength.

He was excellent without scoring yesterday. For 60 minutes his link up play with midfield was excellent. Loved seeing a proper player up front for us again.

Aint that the truth.

Was willing him to score for us, but just wasn't to be.

Should prove to be a great addition when he's back to full match sharpness, Jones was tidy as well in midfield.

Archived