BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

Give me a break Paul, nobody minds constructive negative comments. Nobody gave any grief to anybody who turned around and said ''RSC is a good player but he's injured too often so I'd have preferred the loan to be used elsewhere."

However, "Kean is clearly out of his depth because he resigned RSC" is the kind of comment that will rightly be scorned upon.

Perhaps you could give me a break - and the rest of us while you're at it - I've made absolutely no comments of this sort at all. I am saying quite simply this - Kean is NOT responsible for the player's injury but WAS responsible for signing an injury prone player. I like Steve Kean's attitude and am merely commenting on the signing of RSC. Now do me a favour and leave it at that. I have had to tell you what my comment was three times and it's getting very tedious.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps you could give me a break - and the rest of us while you're at it - I've made absolutely no comments of this sort at all. I am saying quite simply this - Kean is NOT responsible for the player's injury but WAS responsible for signing an injury prone player. I like Steve Kean's attitude and am merely commenting on the signing of RSC. Now do me a favour and leave it at that. I have had to tell you what my comment was three times and it's getting very tedious.

Eh? At no point did I suggest that you did say 'that,' I was responding to your comment that anything that "questions the clubs actions gets ignored or flamed." I disagree with this, but a certain poster has used the RSC signing as a stick to beat the new manager with. Topman pointed out that Allardyce too wanted RSC. You then got all defensive and had a snipe, even though his comment was clearly not aimed at you (seeing as it included a quote from another poster).

Your posts recently have been much in the same tone as those you like to criticise. I don't have a problem with that tone, but not if you're going to throw around some of the remarks you have done in here and in the ask admin thread, then you're going to get a response.

With regards to your comment of 'I've had to tell you my point three times;" I have no idea what this is referring to.

Whilst some posters did admittedly voice concerns over signing RSC I still go back to the point that no-one was actually complaining about RSC's return after the West Brom game.

I agree his injury record is a concern but if his groin problem is merely a twinge and he returns to lead the line superbly well agaist Spurs/and/or Wigan and we win I doubt many people will be questioning the move then either.

Very fickle game football.

Whilst some posters did admittedly voice concerns over signing RSC I still go back to the point that no-one was actually complaining about RSC's return after the West Brom game.

I agree his injury record is a concern but if his groin problem is merely a twinge and he returns to lead the line superbly well agaist Spurs/and/or Wigan and we win I doubt many people will be questioning the move then either.

Very fickle game football.

My thoughts exactly.

Rather than just voicing negativity, has anybody got any constructive info as to how bad the injury is, and when he is likely to return?

It does concern me a little that we haven't heard anything from Rovers about it, other than Kean's post match interview.

I think Kean has to shoulder a lot of the blame here. We should have eased Roque into the team.

Against West Brom, he should have been the one to depart after ~60 minutes, not Kalinic. Also, if we were going to rest players against Villa then he should have been one of them - we have enough strikers to choose from.

Hopefully it's a lesson learnt for Kean, he's lucky it's only 2 weeks.

I think Kean has to shoulder a lot of the blame here. We should have eased Roque into the team.

Against West Brom, he should have been the one to depart after ~60 minutes, not Kalinic. Also, if we were going to rest players against Villa then he should have been one of them - we have enough strikers to choose from.

Hopefully it's a lesson learnt for Kean, he's lucky it's only 2 weeks.

I agree. Kean probably tried to take a shortcut to match fitness by letting him play 90 mins, but it was too early for that. Hope he recovers swiftly and stays clear of injuries for a while - he deserves it.

• 1 month later...

In glimpses in his first couple of appearances he showed some class.

However is he doing enough to merit starting games, probably not....? Appreciate we are not blessed with quality alternatives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Is it me or does he just look disinterested?

It might be the way Kean has the team setup or something, I dunno but every match he has played in these past few weeks he just looks like he can't be arsed?

I thought that a few times myself. There were times when the ball was launched up to him and he didn't even make an attempt to jump for it.

Thank goodness he's going back to City at the end of the season. Seen nothing to make me think he should stay permanently.

Archived