BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

Who else could we get of the same or similar quality? My point is; if he wasn't so injury prone he'd be way out of our league.

But he is injury prone, which is why his career has never really taken off and why he is with us. And "quality" is meaningless if he is always on the treatment table.

Chucking £90,000 a week at a player with a terrible injury track record and who is likely to break down at any moment never made sense.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chucking £90,000 a week at a player with a terrible injury track record and who is likely to break down at any moment never made sense.

Shame you didn't tell Man City that eh? £17 million for a crock...

Ah well, he's only on LOAN!!!

<br /><br />

<br />

Shame you didn't tell Man City that eh? £17 million for a crock...<br />

<br />

Ah well, he's only on LOAN!!!<br />

Their club, their money I have zero interest in how they spend it.

Funny how no-one was complaining about his return a week ago.

I wasn't completely convinced. I just considered there was maybe better ways of spending that amount on a loan player, who is injury prone. I would have rather rovers got Daniel Sturridge on loan. Would be curious to know if he is on 90 grand a week.

Sam wanted him.</a><br />

So what? I didn't really like Sam so it's hardly a valid response. I like Steve Kean, the point I was making, which is clearly difficult for some, was the player's injury is NOT the manager's fault. The responsibility for signing him though was Kean's. Personally I feel using our last loan spot and £90k a week was a poor decision. Just like I think signing Kalinic was a poor decision.

So what? I didn't really like Sam so it's hardly a valid response. I like Steve Kean, the point I was making, which is clearly difficult for some, was the player's injury is NOT the manager's fault. The responsibility for signing him though was Kean's. Personally I feel using our last loan spot and £90k a week was a poor decision. Just like I think signing Kalinic was a poor decision.

It was a response to Jim, a vehement Sam fan who was criticising Kean for bringing Santa Cruz back.

• Backroom

If Kean didn't play him people would complain he hasn't been given time to get match fit, if he was taken off as a precaution I'm not worried.

He showed some true class against West Brom and I think it will be a good loan signing.

There was a few, I was one of them.

I think most of us assumed (or hoped) he was over the worst of his injuries and we'd have a relatively good run. You'd expect the medical to have sorted that out. Still wouldn't have played him v Villa though. We'd already given up (we played Andrews) so what was the point?

If Jim is going to use the signing of Crocky as (another) stick to beat the manager, he better acknowledge his idol wanted him back as well.

I think most of us assumed (or hoped) he was over the worst of his injuries and we'd have a relatively good run. You'd expect the medical to have sorted that out. Still wouldn't have played him v Villa though. We'd already given up (we played Andrews) so what was the point?

Rightly or wrongly Nicko was sceptical about the medical and how quick it was.

Me too, look back through the site if you don't believe me. I wasn't on my own either.

And me........................but then if one posts some thing which in any manner questions the club's actions it gets ignored or flamed. Hardly worth it these days.

And me........................but then if one posts some thing which in any manner questions the club's actions it gets ignored or flamed. Hardly worth it these days.

Give me a break Paul, nobody minds constructive negative comments. Nobody gave any grief to anybody who turned around and said ''RSC is a good player but he's injured too often so I'd have preferred the loan to be used elsewhere."

However, "Kean is clearly out of his depth because he resigned RSC" is the kind of comment that will rightly be scorned upon.

Archived