BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We put out a weaker side than we will for a Premiership game, presumably to protect our first choice players for the "games that matter".

It does therefore seem dumb to have risked Santa Cruz of all people in a game that the manager obviously felt wasn't important.

Warming to the theme, if this attitude to the FA Cup prevails into the future, will I ever see us win the bloody thing? 83 years since we won it now!

Even stupider to play him in a cup game really. Obviously have the advantage of knowing how it played out, but with his injury record we really should have left him out.

We're paying him £90k a week. We can't molly coddle him too. Either he's fit enough to play once a week or he can (Please don't use that word again) off back to City.

Remember during Bellamy's time here, he had personal/special assistance in order to ensure he was fully "warmed up" prior to matches.

You would hope we are doing a similar thing with Santa.

I've heard that Bellamy now employs the trainer that kept him fit, personally and out of his own money, to keep him injury free.

Remember during Bellamy's time here, he had personal/special assistance in order to ensure he was fully "warmed up" prior to matches.

You would hope we are doing a similar thing with Santa.

Bells was handled wonderfully by Hughes. He did not play all the games but he did most. I am no idea how he was helped but its definitely something we should again for Roque. Then again I would never have taken him back. We got VERY lucky with money we got from Citeh and that should have been the end of the story.

it's not Keans fault Santa is a sick note hence away needs match fitness and always at risk if injury>

If the manager is making the transfer decisions then while it may not be his fault it is his responsibility to gamble £90k per week on a player with a track record of being injured.

so now keans rubbish because Cruz gets injured? Come on, everyone knew the score when we signed him, to now start having ago because he now gets injured seems a bit ott.

yes, its unfortunate he now gets injured but its not as though we had a plefora of strikers to choose from in this window. But I suppose we should have bid for torres?

Hope Roque gets fit soon!

so now keans rubbish because Cruz gets injured? Come on, everyone knew the score when we signed him, to now start having ago because he now gets injured seems a bit ott.

yes, its unfortunate he now gets injured but its not as though we had a plefora of strikers to choose from in this window. But I suppose we should have bid for torres?

Hope Roque gets fit soon!

Hang on Kean told us he had the final say in all transfers. We all know and I bet the Rover medical staff know even better than we how fit RSC is. We should have never signed him, it was our last loan deal.

I would have thought the manager would have an eye on the spurs game and rested him for the villa trip. But saying that I suppose we've all said roque needs match time to get up to speed and the only way we can give him that is by playing him.

Personally, I was surprised he played the whole game against West Brom. I was just waiting for him to come off after an hour or so of that one.

It's great to have such a class act back at the club, but it's clear he needs to be protected and nursed back to playing regular football. If he continues to struggle injury-wise then I don't want this deal to be made permanent.

Bells was handled wonderfully by Hughes. He did not play all the games but he did most. I am no idea how he was helped but its definitely something we should again for Roque. Then again I would never have taken him back. We got VERY lucky with money we got from Citeh and that should have been the end of the story.

Yeah, for every returnee that's a success there are ten that are flops.

My only concern is that we've used a valuable loan on a player (Santa) who has a track record of not being fit and available for selection.

That's why I did not want him back. Great player but fitness wise, with regards to getting injured too easily, not reliable enough. As you have said a valuble loan position used up.

That's why I did not want him back. Great player but fitness wise, with regards to getting injured too easily, not reliable enough. As you have said a valuble loan position used up.

A groin strain can happen with a bad turn to any player, especially on the surface wich has 'give' in it, maybe some could argue on the warm ups but groins, calves and hamstrings are normally a big part of warm ups so I dont think anything could be done onj that score, Roques problems have been with his knees, that is totally another matter.

A groin strain can happen with a bad turn to any player, especially on the surface wich has 'give' in it, maybe some could argue on the warm ups but groins, calves and hamstrings are normally a big part of warm ups so I dont think anything could be done onj that score, Roques problems have been with his knees, that is totally another matter.

That's my point Kelbo. It matters not whether the problem is knees, hamstrings or whatever he gets injured on a regular basis and that's him out for at least the Spurs game if not the Wigan match as well. I personally think that the injuries you say are all too frequent are a result of lazy warm ups and a lack of proper stretching before matches. We cannot afford to take on players that are just sitting in the treatment room.

Signing anyone is a gamble.

If he was fit all the time he wouldn't have come to Rovers in the first place and we wouldn't have got 17 million pounds for him. And he wouldn't be here now on loan. Take the rough with the smooth. There's only a few clubs in the country that don't have to compromise in some way.

Signing anyone is a gamble.

If he was fit all the time he wouldn't have come to Rovers in the first place and we wouldn't have got 17 million pounds for him. And he wouldn't be here now on loan. Take the rough with the smooth. There's only a few clubs in the country that don't have to compromise in some way.

Yeah anyone can get injured, but we signed a player who's spent 75% of the last two seasons on the treatment table. Put it another way, if you were managing a team and you needed a defensive midfielder would you take Grella on loan now ?

<br />so now keans rubbish because Cruz gets injured? Come on, everyone knew the score when we signed him, to now start having ago because he now gets injured seems a bit ott.<br />

<br />

yes, its unfortunate he now gets injured but its not as though we had a plefora of strikers to choose from in this window. But I suppose we should have bid for torres?<br />

<br />

Hope Roque gets fit soon!<br />

No one said Kean is rubbish. It was simply pointed out that it was his decision and his responsibility to sign a player with a terrible injury record. 4 starts in two seasons.

Yeah anyone can get injured, but we signed a player who's spent 75% of the last two seasons on the treatment table. Put it another way, if you were managing a team and you needed a defensive midfielder would you take Grella on loan now ?

Who else could we get of the same or similar quality? My point is; if he wasn't so injury prone he'd be way out of our league.

Archived