BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think that is wise? Does he know the team well enough to slot right in? I'd think he'd be a few weeks turning up to training and working his way into the system.

Sam's methods have got to you, Steve!

He's a professional footballer. For me, if he's fit, he starts.

Can't believe some of the moaners on here. Roque treated the club badly?? Not from where I sat. There is little loyalty in football, it's a business at the end of the day, the quick sacking of Allardyce shows that - get used to that fact.

Personally though, I'm seriously chuffed at Roque's return - the bloke clearly wants to play for us - it's where he played by far the best club football of his career. That season for us we had a striker who could literally compete with the best in the Prem (remember his goal against Man U which ended their record breaking run of no goals against?) - some of his touches were just sublime. The fans loved him as well, he must have been far more appreciated here than at any club he's ever played. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended his career with us.

Welcome back Roque. One chuffed Rovers fan here - can't wait to see him in action again.

Just to quote the press release; "Roque said: "I feel like I am coming home. This has been the easiest decision of my career"

Just enough said really.

Hmmm I think he would be on the bench as Mame and Kalinic deserve to be ahead of him atm.

Mame's hot and cold and is Benjani. RSC will probably be our highest paid striker, I'd say he has to be at least on the bench.

I'd always like Niko to start regardless and I could see him and Roque forming a decent partnership (if Roque can stay fit).

Sam's methods have got to you, Steve!

He's a professional footballer. For me, if he's fit, he starts.

Yes, I confess Sam got to me a bit. On the other hand, if Kean keeps the squad playing (and getting the points) like the Liverpool match, he'll convert me in short order. :tu:

i was thinking more subs bench lol ...our sub bench has been quite weak past few weeks

That's what I think. M. Diouf, Benjani and Kalinic have all earned their place. Wouldn't be fair to supplant them without at least a practice scrimmage so relative abilities can be evaluated.

I know our strikers have started to look improved recentley (since we've started to play two upfront i might add). But I've not doubting a fully fit Santa Cruz is a class above any of the strikers we currentley have. Can't really hold a grudge about him moving on to be honest, players do it all the time and Man City was a big opportunity for him at the stage in his career especially with Mark Hughes in charge, plus the money we received from his sale undoubtley helped to maintain the running of the club. Just hope we can keep him fit and see him banging in thoose goal again.Welcome back Roque!

Archived