BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

Both apparently. And I doubt corporate rules on gift acceptances came into it.

The hampers went to all the players,and all head of departments,and every other employee got an xmas pud and other pressies,and no they didn't send them back,some players gave them away to the cleaners etc,all from Harrods,I thought a nice touch from Venkys,none of the employees got anything from the trustees before .We know they havn't got the greatest PR but I will make my judgement 1st feb,and then the 1st of Sept,welcome back Rocky if he passes medical,and lets stick a 6 mil offer for Adams,take it or leave it,assuming we have more than 5 mill if you know what I mean...

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're dropping a clanger here. 1) He's a crock. 2) He's a very expensive crock. 3) Of all the players who treated Rovers with contempt, and there's been plenty , he was the worst !

1) Try before you buy 2) He's on the 'going rate' and cheaper than Ronnie 3) Really? The worst?

Doesn't it worry you that Jerome Anderson might be recommending players that he can make money out of, rather than recommending the best available player?

Just as some people have alleged that he's recommended the current manager and assistant manager.

I reckon there's nowt wrong with recommending players. The important bit is what happens next. Kean must have the final say in deciding whether the player can do a job for us. Even if a recommendation comes via one of our scouts, there will doubtless be an agent with his hand out somewhere.

• Backroom

I go back 50 years and yes he treated the club with the most contempt of all the players in all that time. You must be either quite young or have a very short memory.

I think Bentley treated the club worse than Roque... buts thats my opinion

Doesn't it worry you that Jerome Anderson might be recommending players that he can make money out of, rather than recommending the best available player?

Just as some people have alleged that he's recommended the current manager and assistant manager.

Of course it worries me, pretty much like most contractors in any business worry me. But football managers have always done it, bringing in their favorites and we get excited about the good players their previous connections may bring and worried about the crocks that follow them like a bad smell. I don't see SEM as that much difference, only that the bigger picture (which we can't control) is whether unlike a manager, they are benefiting financially from it.

Your original post said that the imminent signing of RSC proved that they have money. I don't think it proves anything to be honest. You could ring Portsmouth and ask them how they racked up over £100m of debt, aren't Bolton nigh on £100m in debt? It can easily be done I'd suggest. Premier League clubs are very good at it. Credit cards? I doubt it. Maybe they've taken a loan out offset against a herd of chickens or maybe even some Rovers assets.

Hmm, let's hope that Rothschild justified their huge fees when checking out the

venky finances.

Anyway, my point being that it proves nothing. You might be right. I hope you're right. I think the best thing for me to do is remove a small part of my brain, the sceptical, untrusting part, and sit back and enjoy the ride. Pass the scissors.

This is all we can do if we want to pluck some enjoyment from the next few months.

Agreed.

It's all about opinions guys and your certainly entitled to yours but did Bentley repeatedly for the best part of a season rubbish us in the press and then deny everything later. Did Bentley malinger on the treatment table when we desperate for him to play. I can remember Samba having to play up front because Santa decided he didn't want to wreck his chances of a big move. The guys a charlatan.

I think the deal will be done by 12pm tomorrow and Rocky will be in the squad to face Chelsea.

I'm sure Citeh wouldn't mind us taking points off Chelsea and we would be stronger with Rocky although he's likely to be on the bench.

Hope it's not the treatment bench.

I go back 50 years and yes he treated the club with the most contempt of all the players in all that time. You must be either quite young or have a very short memory.

Didn't Tim Sherwood try to turn the rest of the squad against Roy Hodgson because he wouldn't let him leave the club? If true that's surely one example that is worse than Santa Cruz's behaviour

Doesn't worry me either, because the possibility for abuse is out in the open and easily judged.

Football has always been riddled with hidden agendas where plenty of people profit from transfers who really shouldn't. Or did you prefer the brown paper bags at motorway service stations era?

He's their advisor and they have taken his advice. Is it really all that shocking?

It will be the bill that will be shocking.

The tainting of the club is nauseous.

The SEM Blackburn tag is seriously damaging.

And the agent representing the owners talking to the agent representing the manager and his assistant talking to the agent representing players being signed talking to the agent representing players being replaced (eventually) is a recipe for severe mental disorder irrespective of the four fees being charged by the same man.

It will be the bill that will be shocking.

The tainting of the club is nauseous.

The SEM Blackburn tag is seriously damaging.

And the agent representing the owners talking to the agent representing the manager and his assistant talking to the agent representing players being signed talking to the agent representing players being replaced (eventually) is a recipe for severe mental disorder irrespective of the four fees being charged by the same man.

Wow, have you got a bee in your bonnet...

People are such drama queens.

Roque's a good player and he left for an enormous profit for the club. He could stay fit and be a success, he might not. There's no point writing him off when we at Rovers know better than anyone how good he can be.

And the Trust didn't accept a hamper from Venky's?!!!!!!! Get the (Please don't use that word again) out of town. This is MENTAL! We need to drive them* out.

*Edit by Glenn - I got that it was intended as sarcasm, but I don't want to deal with a pile of complaints from those that don't. Hope you don't mind the minor edit.

[EDIT] Fair enough, point taken.

Whilst he may have, this is being discussed throughout football and is a concern.

Dont you think it is being discussed because people like Philip keep relighting the fire with unfounded garbage about SEM .

Oh boy, I think the operative position on that buckey is to be prone in prayer that the authorities are too suppine to enforce their own rules.

And bep, you have heard of rules have you? Fines? Transfer bans? Points deductions???

Have i missed something when did we recieve fine, transfer ban or points deducted ? we havent and the only person looking into our owners is you.

Archived