BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIQUELME...has anybody asked if he would get a work permit?...checked that yesterday...he wouldn't.

FORMICA...stranger and stranger.

I am not sure the Barry McIntosh chap is close to Kentaro in any way.

So be a bit wary of that whole scene.

MANAGER...signed deal.

LARSSON...fee being worked on.

SAMBA...know more on future today.

RIQUELME...has anybody asked if he would get a work permit?...checked that yesterday...he wouldn't.

And Ronaldinho would have? Neither have the necessary International games, but isn't there still some exceptional talent loophole from which Hoilett qualified? One would think Riquelme or Ronaldinho would qualify if Hoilett does.

Oh come on Nicko, there is no doubt Riquelme would get a work permit on appeal. Friedel and Tugay both got rejected initially when reapplying before signing for Rovers, but both won an appeal.

MANAGER...signed deal.

Having played in Spain for 5 years would he not have dual citizenship? I'm npt clued up on my Spanish Immigration laws.

I think loan deals are more common to Rovers this window because it is too early to splash the cash, and January is a really bad month. Loans are perfect. Then in the summer we will see the real strategy I think. I bet the goal now is just to get as high up as possible. Maybe even Europe. Then build.

agreed.

they are testing the waters, with some quite good signings in RSC and if the reviews are correct, also jones.

i still think and i believe venkys do so aswell, that we are not in any danger of relegation. So getting in some experienced and tested players in our weaker areas and rather cheap, makes a lot of sense, both financially and football wise.

Have we ever been this busy in the transfer window..? with talk of more exciting stuff too come I am scared as too what the next chapters will be like.

Rochina, Vasquez, JJ, Adam, Ronaldhino, Requelme, Larsson, Formica, RSC... thats one hell of a decent list too be linked with especially given we still have over 1/3 of the window left.

Just a shame no one is biting when it comes too those we want too ship out.. Andrews, Diof, Chimb, Grella et al really do need too be shipped out asap.

Hats off too Kean, at least he is targetting what we need in the right areas and imo in the right order (Stiker, Def Mid and then shop around for the best option in terms of playmaker).

Given RSC, Roberts, Mame are all off at the end of the season, would not mind us looking at maybe one more striker (although reckon Niko will come good given the right kind of supply) but maybe I am being greedy lol.

MANAGER...signed deal.

I presume that means no further news on the others.. Adam, Rochina, Vasquez..?

how many loan players can you have/play?

2 from other EPL clubs.. foreign is unlimited

Oh come on Nicko, there is no doubt Riquelme would get a work permit on appeal. Friedel and Tugay both got rejected initially when reapplying before signing for Rovers, but both won an appeal.

I checked this with people who tried to get him in before in the past few years.

He has absolutely no EC passport possibilities.

He is out of the Argentina team and won't get back in.

It is a very difficult deal to do.

Would love it to happen, but got to be realistic.

I presume that means no further news on the others.. Adam, Rochina, Vasquez..?

Adam is stuck in neutral. Villa due to offer more. But until Blackpool agree a fee Rovers won't get into an auction.

Rochina is about valuations etc. He is out of contract in the summer. I suspect he will either come then or earlier if a fee is sorted.

Never heard anything about Vazquez. Had my doubts about that one all along.

I checked this with people who tried to get him in before in the past few years.

Nicko, one valid response was from RoverI: i belive its 5 years before you can apply for a citizenship in spain. he played there from 2002-2007. he may qualify for a work permit if he claimed citizenship there?

Do you know if he did, from your reply, it sounds like he didn't so it's no?

Thanks

He basically retired from international football after being insulted by Maradona's comments - does that not count for anything?

This has to be why it's being done through Red Star. There must be a loophole somewhere.

Nicko sorry if I've missed anything, but as a betting man would you expext Seb larsson to be in a Rovers shirt for Sunday?

Really down to Birmingham City. Their pride may not allow them to take the fee just now. The link with Villa came from Birmingham City yesterday, so they are clinging to the hope of an auction.

My Swedish chum also tells me that Larsson is NOT with the agent Karlsson [Kentaro] any more. But with someone else [not sure if the guy is with Kentaro but probably is].

Either way I expect him to sign at some stage.

A cert for summer. A probable for the end of the window. A big ask for Sunday.

Archived