BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Backroom

Very disappointing losing out or not even being linked with this guy when we are chasing Johnny foreigners.

Extremely disappointing so far this windoww with just the two loanees, think Rovers are losing their focus with our new puppet manager.

How many times recently have we done better only two thirds through the window?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think Rovers are losing their focus with our new puppet manager.

yeah, i agree give me back the transfer windows where we spent a month of posts and over 30 pages of posts and didnt sign anyone at all, they were sooo much better... :s

Very disappointing losing out or not even being linked with this guy when we are chasing Johnny foreigners.

Extremely disappointing so far this windoww with just the two loanees, think Rovers are losing their focus with our new puppet manager.

You love trolling don't you Jal...

Rochina, Vasquez, JJ, Adam, Ronaldhino, Requelme, Larsson, Formica, RSC... thats one hell of a decent list too be linked with especially given we still have over 1/3 of the window left.

Too right.

I wonder why some still prefer the rollercoaster excitement of having Nathan Ellignton spotted at Brockhall.

:rolleyes:

Funny to see that there hasn't been much further elaboration from last night's "people in the know" about the hype they were fuelling last night. After the Ronaldinho stuff I didn't expect such gushing stuff from a few rumours being bandied about.

"Venky's Love In" etc etc. What a load of...

Guest Wen Y Hu

There should be a prize for the 500th post saying 'Jan transfer window is always a difficult one anyway'. I agree.. but the amount of repetition on this board is ridiculous. There should be a separate thread locked except for rumours with some actual truth behind them i.e. knowing an agent or something where 11 o'clockers can be posted without 30 pages in between of nonsense. Obviously I don't have to read it but I do enjoy the debate about the players. It would just be nice to have separate threads so if there is any new news coming out it's easy to find it in a sparse thread rather than logging onto here having to look through a huge number of pages to find out the new British law behind work permits or something.

And there's a Where's Wally contest going on elsewhere on this thread. I think I've worked out where he could be.

Let me know if you're having problems with your attention span later on, by the way. And keep your collar up for a while...

Funny to see that there hasn't been much further elaboration from last night's "people in the know" about the hype they were fuelling last night. After the Ronaldinho stuff I didn't expect such gushing stuff from a few rumours being bandied about.

"It's about to kick off..."

"You really need to listen to Philip"

"I hope my sources are wrong, but what I'm hearing is bad"

:lol:

Read in the papers today Dalglish and Liverpool linked to Loius Suarez... now thats a player, thats a statement thats what i'd like to see for Rovers.

I'm assuming you have no knowledge of football on the continent, or the figures being thrown around for players of Saurez's quality, or the clubs interested in him. If Suarez really is available for only 18m (I say only, thats an unimaginable amount of money for our club, with or without Venkys) I imagine there will be a whole host of prestigious europeon clubs knocking down the door.

No chance, not now, not ever.

Back to reality.

Signing one player doesn't make you a big boy. Signing two players doesn't make you a big boy.

Stop getting ahead of yourself.

The money in the separate pot is money that is expected to be recouped through commercial gains, so if they were going for Honda (who is just a name thrown about on here) they would not simply offer what they would have for Ronaldinho, instead they would offer the correct amount that we could definitely make back, and more. Venky's won't do something with the separate pot to send a message to other clubs. They will spend their money for financial gain in the future, and I for one am happy with that, particularly when you compare it to where we were a few months back regarding money.

Hmmm....Not sure what they teach in schools these days Braddock, but when I went to school the word "methodology" meant a method that works in all cases that it is applied to. Whether that is one, two, three or a million makes no difference at all. You get the picture now?

Funny to see that there hasn't been much further elaboration from last night's "people in the know" about the hype they were fuelling last night.

I think people are getting fed up with hearing a lot of top players linked to Rovers but nothing actually happening.

After hearing about an Argentine wonderkid with Kaka comparisons and then to hear "Venky's love in" I think we all expected someone who was heading into his prime rather than being great four years ago.

If Venky's want a big name signing to impress the fans and get the Venkys brand known whilst also claiming they are willing to pay whatever is needed to turn us into a top side then why not splash the cash and bring in a player currently doing well in the top halves of the top leagues in the world.

It doesn't need to be players like Ribery, Ronaldo etc but why not target the better players from teams which are finishing in 4th/5th/6th place.

For example players from Ath. Madrid, Valencia, B.Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon, Lazio etc instead of players who are looking for a last pay day but obviously won't live up to their past reputation.

Unfortunately I think we all know that won't happen!

I'm assuming you have no knowledge of football on the continent, or the figures being thrown around for players of Saurez's quality, or the clubs interested in him. If Suarez really is available for only 18m (I say only, thats an unimaginable amount of money for our club, with or without Venkys) I imagine there will be a whole host of prestigious europeon clubs knocking down the door.

No chance, not now, not ever.

Back to reality.

Wheater would have been a good back to reality player, but I take by the tone of above you're admitting that Venky's dont have that much cash or are prepared to release that much.

I think people are getting fed up with hearing a lot of top players linked to Rovers but nothing actually happening.

After hearing about an Argentine wonderkid with Kaka comparisons and then to hear "Venky's love in" I think we all expected someone who was heading into his prime rather than being great four years ago.

If Venky's want a big name signing to impress the fans and get the Venkys brand known whilst also claiming they are willing to pay whatever is needed to turn us into a top side then why not splash the cash and bring in a player currently doing well in the top halves of the top leagues in the world.

It doesn't need to be players like Ribery, Ronaldo etc but why not target the better players from teams which are finishing in 4th/5th/6th place.

For example players from Ath. Madrid, Valencia, B.Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon, Lazio etc instead of players who are looking for a last pay day but obviously won't live up to their past reputation.

Balaji_-Rao_lancastria.jpg

Does this face look like it wants to do sensible?

I can answer that question quite easily. We aren't targeting players in teams who are in 4th/5th/6th position because they play for teams in 4th/5th/6th position and therefore won't want to join us.

We are limited to older, experienced players or younger players with potential.

It's why Man City can't sign Kaka/Messi/Ronaldo even though they can afford them.

Isn't that obvious?

Wheater would have been a good back to reality player, but I take by the tone of above you're admitting that Venky's dont have that much cash or are prepared to release that much.

No he wouldn't, we have no use for wheater! And I imagine hes on atleast 24k a week which could be spent elsewhere! We have Nelsen, Samba, Givet and Jones to occupy two centre back positions.

Nobody knows how much Venkys will spend. Do Venkys make a lot of money each year? Yes. Do they make enough to spend like City? No. Venkys can spend nothing or 50million this window, it's their club. We, as fans, have to sit back and hope for the best, and support all of our players come febuary 1st. It's that simple.

Archived